Health Discovery Network
Big2Little4Me

Trouble eating all my points

I suggest you add some points in the morning - either at breakfast, or a mid-morning snack. One of the healthiest ways to do that is to add a little more of one of the healthy oils, or a few (very few) nuts. Walnuts and/or almonds would be an excellent choice.

As your weight goes down, and you get fewer points per day, I think you will find it's easier to give up points in the first part of the day than to give up dinner or evening snack points.

By all means - eat all your points! :)

Rose

HW:175

WW Goal: 136

Below WW Goal since Dec. 2006

Personal Goal: 118-123

CW: 120.0 (11/18/08)

BMI: 21.8

"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice." Wayne Dyer

Are you following the eight good health guidelines? If you are and you still have points left over, CrystalRose has good suggestions. You can also substitute higher point foods in place of lower point ones. For example, use regular dressing instead of fat-free.

Higer point healthy foods like nuts are a good suggestion. How about avocados too - half of one is 4 points and they are great. Are you drinking skim milk - perhaps 2% or even whole milk might be the answer. Lillie

Look at your food journal and see if you are getting in all your healthy 8s thats so important! Look at how you are using your points plan your meals and you can insure you use them! I know I have too do this myself! give it a try Good luck Gina

Weight watchers is a tool its up to me how I use it!

http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a204/DGJP8991/

1. Plan ahead
  2. Concentrate on the 8 Good Health Guidelines and on getting in ALL of your requirements every day
  3. Plan snacks that include nuts or peanut butter
  4. If you're using a lot of fat-free foods, substitute fuller fat versions

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

22 almonds have 4 points. I have used them for that purpose from time to time. A glass of wine can be good too. lol

http://momentarian.blogspot.com

My blog focusing on understanding and inspiring myself hopefully to become a better human and a place to share what I have figured out for myself.

My leader always says "Eat breakfast like a King, lunch like a queen, and dinner like a pauper." Maybe eating more during the morning will help. You don't want to eat late just to use up points and then have it just stay with you.

GMW

"I am not giving up this time!"

SW-172.0 (Nov.30, 2010)

My leader always says "Eat breakfast like a King, lunch like a queen, and dinner like a pauper." Maybe eating more during the morning will help. You don't want to eat late just to use up points and then have it just stay with you.

I agree. :salut:bcb_smile

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

I have some great advice, I tend to use my points more for dinner, I'll have to eat a larger lunch, I just have a really hard time eating breakfast. I never did before I started WW, so just eating in the morning has been a Huge adjustment.

You could also consider Core. When I started, I was nursing and had 42 points a day. No matter how I spread them out, that was a LOT of food! I just couldn't eat that much and still be in the comfort zone.

I switched to Core and LOVE it! It has made such a huge difference in my relationship to food - I no longer feel like I have to clear my plate, which I have always done, and I'm now listening to my body's hunger cues, which I never did! I'm much more focused on fueling my body with healthy, whole, nutritious foods and I'm enjoying my food a lot more, too.

If meeting the points guideline is not comfortable for you, give Core a try.

Locavore on Core, eating local, organic farm-fresh foods, avoiding "Frankenfoods," and blogging all about it!

I had this problem last time I tried flex. I ended up switching to Lowfat milk and added an extra glass of it and a slice of whole grain toast with a little peanut butter during the day. Then, when my points went down I switched back to fat free milk and adjusted the toast.

Miriam, mom to three two year-olds

Newest numbers...257.6/250.4/154

I had this problem last time I tried flex. I ended up switching to Lowfat milk and added an extra glass of it and a slice of whole grain toast with a little peanut butter during the day. Then, when my points went down I switched back to fat free milk and adjusted the toast.

Great point. Because it is a problem that will be short-lived, as you lose your weight. :bcb_smile:salut

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Great point. Because it is a problem that will be short-lived, as you lose your weight. :bcb_smile:salut

I think I was able to do it for a couple weeks. LOL

Miriam, mom to three two year-olds

Newest numbers...257.6/250.4/154