Health Discovery Network
WhereForArt

Yogurt Substitution Guide

I just found this on the Stonyfield Farms website - it's a substitution guide for using yogurt in place of mayo, light mayo, sour cream, and other comparable food items. It lists a comparison of calories, fat grams, calcium, etc. I'm going to print it out and hang it in my kitchen - I figure it will be a good motivational tool to see at a glance how many calories I'm saving by using yogurt!

http://www.stonyfield.com/Recipes/yo...bstitution.cfm

Things I'm Most Looking Forward To:

No more back fat!

More E-N-E-R-G-Y!

Buying stylish, not oversized clothes

Packing smaller clothes

Living long enough to see my grandchildren grow up

Having a stable wardrobe

Ability to handle cravings

The END of binging!

A healthier me!

I cant get the link to work. either by clicking or copy paste

is it this one?

http://www.stonyfield.com/Recipes/YogurtCookingTips.cfm

No it's not that one.

Go to: http://www.stonyfield.com/Recipes/

Then click on this picture

yogurt_substitution.jpg

Jodee SW: 223 CW: 177 PW:178.5 GW:??

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

This week in my meeting one of the ladies brought in her new favorite thing, it's called Fage Greek strained yogurt. She was telling us that she buys the fat free kind and if she wants a little something sweet at night she will mix it with 2 tbs of Splenda and mix in some berries or some peaches. I was curious so I bought some yesterday and without it being sweetened, it would make a great sub for sour cream. For one whole container it is 2 points (90 cal, 0 fat, 0 fiber, 15 grams of protein). I was thinking about making a taco salad and subing the sour cream with the yogurt!

HW: 167

CW: 140

Goal: 125

26.2 pounds gone forever!!!:bcb_up

Fage - pronounced fa-yay - is so yummy and versatile. You can strain your own yogurt for a thicker Greek style yogurt, too.

Locavore on Core, eating local, organic farm-fresh foods, avoiding "Frankenfoods," and blogging all about it!

I love Fage but Momaste is right - you can make your own much cheaper with a yogurt strainer (or some cheesecloth in a colander) and just drain it overnight in the fridge. The longer you let it drain, the thicker it gets.

I have a nightly ritual where I mix my Greek-style yogurt (the thicker yogurt) with a little Splenda (I only use about a tsp, but I don't like it really sweet) and then some fresh blueberries. It is delicious! I also top baked potatoes or baked sweet potatoes with yogurt, and then squirt a little spray-on butter on top with some fresh ground pepper - yum! As the comparison chart shows, you can substitute yogurt for just about any other dairy product.

If you make it really thick, you can mix various herbs and garlic or finely grated vegetables to make a wonderful veggie dip.

Things I'm Most Looking Forward To:

No more back fat!

More E-N-E-R-G-Y!

Buying stylish, not oversized clothes

Packing smaller clothes

Living long enough to see my grandchildren grow up

Having a stable wardrobe

Ability to handle cravings

The END of binging!

A healthier me!

Thank you so much for the link. I never thought to use it as a substitute.

I love yogurt and its a better way to get some of the good stuff I need.

Grace

:kickbutt:

Back to WW for Good 8/6/2010