Health Discovery Network
Guest adorableabby

Cola chicken

I made it with diet cherry Pepsi-I thought that might be strange, but it actually turned out pretty good! My hubby couldn't figure out what was in it, and I wouldn't tell him till he finished. My girl loved it, my boy could've done without it. It was a last minute thing, and I think it was pretty dang tasty! :D

Julia

SW177/CW131/GW144

YUM! I just made this with medium salsa, and diet caffine free coke, and served it over bulgar. Delicious!

Try it!! Glad I did!

YUM! I just made this with medium salsa, and diet caffine free coke, and served it over bulgar. Delicious!

Try it!! Glad I did!

I just wanted to add that this is a KEEPER! I made it with diet root beer (that is all I add), 1/2 cup salsa and 1/2 cup salsa. I was worried it wouldn't thicken, but near the end I took the lid off, turned up the heat and kept a close eye on it. It thicken right up. Next time I am going to chop the chicken into bit size pieces and serve the meal over baked potatoes. Mmmmm!

Thanks to the buddy who gave us this recipe wave.gif Heather

5'7'' 192/166/150<br />******************<br />"The joy of discipline or the pain of regret. Which will it be today?" <br />******************

I just wanted to add that this is a KEEPER! I made it with diet root beer (that is all I add), 1/2 cup salsa and 1/2 cup salsa. I was worried it wouldn't thicken, but near the end I took the lid off, turned up the heat and kept a close eye on it. It thicken right up. Next time I am going to chop the chicken into bit size pieces and serve the meal over baked potatoes. Mmmmm!

Thanks to the buddy who gave us this recipe wave.gif Heather

5'7'' 192/166/150<br />******************<br />"The joy of discipline or the pain of regret. Which will it be today?" <br />******************

Soda chicken rules. I would eat it regardless of WW. I usally sreve it over mashed potatoes too and spoon some "gravy" over it. It also tastes great the next day.

MMMMMM crazy.gif

"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"<br /><br />SW-143.6<br />CW-139.6<br />GW-115

Soda chicken rules. I would eat it regardless of WW. I usally sreve it over mashed potatoes too and spoon some "gravy" over it. It also tastes great the next day.

MMMMMM crazy.gif

"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"<br /><br />SW-143.6<br />CW-139.6<br />GW-115

I know this is a "late" post, but I'd like to share how I make this recipe. I have made this several times in the last year, and my family LOVES it!!! It is one of the few foods they all actually agree on crazy.gif . Here's what I do: I use any kind of diet soda we happen to have on hand. Diet Dr. Pepper is good. I then take a 1C measuring cup and start pouring into it anything "red or orange" from the refrigerator. Last night I used some of each: ketchup, bbq sauce, salsa, lf catalina dressing, some Frank's hot sauce, and a little Soy Sauce. I have been known to add some honey, a little brown sugar, etc.

I also found that after simmering for about 25 min, I take off the lid, turn it up for about 5 minutes and stir, then turn it off and stir for another 3-5 minutes - the sauce thickened up.

Hope this is another "twist" for some of you! thumbup.gif

Beth

Start WW 8/22/02 ~ 214.2

Low 12/22/03 ~ 158

Recommited: 1/4/2011 - 220

Current ~ 217 :bcb_march

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."

Maya Angelou

I know this is a "late" post, but I'd like to share how I make this recipe. I have made this several times in the last year, and my family LOVES it!!! It is one of the few foods they all actually agree on crazy.gif . Here's what I do: I use any kind of diet soda we happen to have on hand. Diet Dr. Pepper is good. I then take a 1C measuring cup and start pouring into it anything "red or orange" from the refrigerator. Last night I used some of each: ketchup, bbq sauce, salsa, lf catalina dressing, some Frank's hot sauce, and a little Soy Sauce. I have been known to add some honey, a little brown sugar, etc.

I also found that after simmering for about 25 min, I take off the lid, turn it up for about 5 minutes and stir, then turn it off and stir for another 3-5 minutes - the sauce thickened up.

Hope this is another "twist" for some of you! thumbup.gif

Beth

Start WW 8/22/02 ~ 214.2

Low 12/22/03 ~ 158

Recommited: 1/4/2011 - 220

Current ~ 217 :bcb_march

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."

Maya Angelou

ok I am sold......this sounds very easy and yummy..I am going to try it tonight.

I am soooooo glad I found this site. The support is wonderful and the recipes are great...I am sure this one will be too I will you know how it goes! ;)

ok I am sold......this sounds very easy and yummy..I am going to try it tonight.

I am soooooo glad I found this site. The support is wonderful and the recipes are great...I am sure this one will be too I will you know how it goes! ;)

trishiepat, welcome! This recipe is now my standard way of cooking chicken. I use President's Choice Chunky Salsa as the tomato product. And now I know what I want for din-din tonight! Maybe with some Zoodles.

Gaining Momentum and losing weight!

trishiepat, welcome! This recipe is now my standard way of cooking chicken. I use President's Choice Chunky Salsa as the tomato product. And now I know what I want for din-din tonight! Maybe with some Zoodles.

Well I must say BIG hit in my house.....so easy and yummy.....and low in points.....thanks for the recipe and all the tips! bcbsalute.gif

Well I must say BIG hit in my house.....so easy and yummy.....and low in points.....thanks for the recipe and all the tips! bcbsalute.gif

Guest diannelee

OK OK I belive you all. Going to try this for my bunko group this Friday night. I told my daughter would sure all legal foods. Now to go find a ww desert to fix. Dianne

Guest diannelee

OK OK I belive you all. Going to try this for my bunko group this Friday night. I told my daughter would sure all legal foods. Now to go find a ww desert to fix. Dianne

I tried this during the week. I was a little nervous because I had company for dinner and had never tried it before but everyone LOVED it. I used the spicy ketchup. I'm sitting here at work craving it as we speak! I am going home and making some!

Core since Oct. 2, 2007

:bcb_march

I tried this during the week. I was a little nervous because I had company for dinner and had never tried it before but everyone LOVED it. I used the spicy ketchup. I'm sitting here at work craving it as we speak! I am going home and making some!

Core since Oct. 2, 2007

:bcb_march

You guys are the greatest!! I made this tonight for the first time and it was yummy!! I used the salsa and d.coke, although it didn't thicken up, it was still impressive!! thumbup.gif

gAnn h

This is THE year!!!!

42yrs old 5'4" - 176.4/172.2/145

Good Habits are as easy to form as bad ones.~Tim McCarver~

Courage is very important. Like a muscle, it is strengthened by use. ~Ruth Gordon~

Bumping for newbies!

Remember, we're all in this together...I'm pulling for you!

Red Green

~~~

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to God

~~~

-30!

After making this numerous times, I have decided that it is much improved with the addition of veggies: I usually use 2 each of zucchini, carrots, red peppers, onions, sliced thinly. This enhances the sauce, but you still have to let it reduce, uncovered, at the end. Mushrooms are a good addition, too.

I use the same sauce for my brisket and for meatballs, too!

Hi!

I made this last night, as this recipe has gotten so much positive feedback, but I couldn't get the sauce to thicken. In a dutch oven I put in the chicken, the 1 cup ketchup, the 12 oz of diet caffine free cola (all I had), some zucchini, red bell pepper and some snow peas, brought it to a boil. I covered it, and reduced the heat to a simmer and simmered for 45 minutes, took the cover off and simmered for 15- 20 more minutes. I still got soup. Good soup, but soup none the less. Could it have been the veggies??

Jeannette

"I have searched for the phrase "I shall walk the Earth and my hunger will know no bounds", but I keep getting redirected to Weight Watchers." Ianto Jones, Torchwood

Jeannette, I usually cook the dish on medium-high heat in an uncovered wok, so it reduces without problems.

(P.S.: Where in Mississauga are you? I used to live at Bromsgrove & Southdown!)