Health Discovery Network
Guest adorableabby

Cola chicken

This really is good. I've made it a couple times in the past two weeks. My daughter would like me to make it every day.

I made this last night, and YUM!

I used 1/2 c salsa and 1/2 c ketchup. I added sliced onion with the chicken (added flavor and bulk), and browned the chicken on both sides before pouring the sauce over. After the chicken was cooked, I cranked up the heat for 7 or 8 minutes and it was all nice and thick. I didn't think it would thicken up, but it sure did, and it was GOOD.

My DH, the pickiest man alive, said it was "good", and then proceeded to pour Dinosaur BBQ sauce over it. Oh well.. at least he thought it was good enough to make again!

Lisa

m_a.jpgLisa

Weight pre-1st-baby: 150

After the kids.....

SW: 209 (3/10/08)

CW: 164.9 (5/19/10)

GW: 150

Oh mercy! I made this last night using salsa instead of ketchup and my husband ate it like it was his last meal on earth. The chicken was so tender it just fell off the fork and the salsa just gave it a perfect taste. Definitely a keeper! :bcb_up

Missy :jump_jack

SW 242.8 04/09/07

CW 172.6 05/31/08

GW 150 :)

Just made and I'm a believer :bcb_up

I did the 1/2 c salsa and 1/2c ketchup and a packet of the lipton onion mix.. was a smidge salty for my tastes but still yummy.. I am gonna tinker on the spices a bit

Made this today after church for lunch.

My DH couldn't believe that he was eating (and loving) boneless skinless chicken breasts with a cup of ketchup and a 12 ounce can of diet coke from the refrigerator mixed together and poured over them, then covered and simmered for an hour on top of the stove.

It was DELICIOUS and the "sauce" DOES thicken the last few minutes when you take the lid off, and is wonderful over rice.

We made the original recipe today - I read where lots of people have played with it and altered it a bit, but we stuck to the original and we're hooked!

http://lifeandww.blogspot.com/

Under the Shadow of the Almighty (Ps. 51)

We loved this one too! I only had diet root beer and subbed in venison roast for the chicken. It was super good and covered the nasty deer taste nicely. I would add a little vinegar and some crushed red pepper next time for zing.

This classic deserves a bump for the newbies! :bcb_up

"Do", or "Do Not". There is no "Try".

- Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back

I would love to attempt this in the oven how long should I bake it for??

Thanks,

Cheryl :bcb_smile

Bumping this up. If you havn't tried it you are missing out. This is on the regular menu at our house.

Sandy

Joined WW 02/02/02

Lifetime 04/05/03

sw 165.4 cw 165.4 gw ??

Little by little, one travels far.....J.R.R. Tolkien