Health Discovery Network
Guest adorableabby

Cola chicken

I was given this recipe at a WW meeting, tried it and everyone LOVED it. I make it quite often. Thanks for the other meats and ways to make it. Will try a different version sometime. P.S. Had some friends try it in the crockpot and it didn't turn out well for them. Said the sauce didn't thicken like on the stove version.

If it's to be...it's up to me.

That does sound crazy but we are going to try it! Thanks wave.gif

<i>Started W.W. 12/30/02<br />Starting Weight:248.5<br />Current:-<br />Goal:120<br />Weigh-In Days: Every<br /></i>=><i>Keep trying</i> :)<br />------------------<br />Valentine' Challenge<br />1/7/03:<br />1/14/03:<br />1/21/03:<br />1/28/03:<br />2/3/03:<br />2/10/03:<br />Good to be back!

That does sound crazy but we are going to try it! Thanks wave.gif

<i>Started W.W. 12/30/02<br />Starting Weight:248.5<br />Current:-<br />Goal:120<br />Weigh-In Days: Every<br /></i>=><i>Keep trying</i> :)<br />------------------<br />Valentine' Challenge<br />1/7/03:<br />1/14/03:<br />1/21/03:<br />1/28/03:<br />2/3/03:<br />2/10/03:<br />Good to be back!

Made it MMM MMM good! used diet caff free coke as a sub though ;)

Made it MMM MMM good! used diet caff free coke as a sub though ;)

Guest tragan

I made this for dinner the other night - it was very good! My DH even liked it (I didn't tell him what it was until after he ate it!) I took SweetiePie's advice and added a cup of minute rice during the last 5 minutes.

Thanks for sharing this one with us!

Tiffany

Guest tragan

I made this for dinner the other night - it was very good! My DH even liked it (I didn't tell him what it was until after he ate it!) I took SweetiePie's advice and added a cup of minute rice during the last 5 minutes.

Thanks for sharing this one with us!

Tiffany

Guest daisy130

I've made this in the oven, and the crockpot...and it's definitely much better in the oven. The sauce didn't thicken as much in the crock...it was still tasty, but the presentation wasn't as nice.

I think adding rice to the crock version would solve the problem!

Can't wait to try some of these add-ins!

Guest daisy130

I've made this in the oven, and the crockpot...and it's definitely much better in the oven. The sauce didn't thicken as much in the crock...it was still tasty, but the presentation wasn't as nice.

I think adding rice to the crock version would solve the problem!

Can't wait to try some of these add-ins!

Guest cuddlymommy

Warning!! Do not use pork as a substitute for chicken! I tried using pork cultets tonight and the sauce did not gel and the pork was dry. I think the juice from the chicken does something to help the sauce. And chicken breasts also have a longer cooking time than pork do it doesn't get dried out. Next time I will use the chicken!

Guest cuddlymommy

Warning!! Do not use pork as a substitute for chicken! I tried using pork cultets tonight and the sauce did not gel and the pork was dry. I think the juice from the chicken does something to help the sauce. And chicken breasts also have a longer cooking time than pork do it doesn't get dried out. Next time I will use the chicken!

Guest DebbieRison

smile.gif I love this recipe. I use my electric skillet. Cooks much faster. My DH really likes this chicken, although, the kids snarled their lovely little noses up at it. I think I will try it with salsa next time. smile.gif

wave.gif Bye, Debbie Rison

Guest DebbieRison

smile.gif I love this recipe. I use my electric skillet. Cooks much faster. My DH really likes this chicken, although, the kids snarled their lovely little noses up at it. I think I will try it with salsa next time. smile.gif

wave.gif Bye, Debbie Rison

I just printed two copies of this, one for my DD and one for me. This sounds so good. I have to try this this week. With rice it makes a good meal. Can't wait to taste it. Thanks for sharing

"Whoever listens to me will live in safety and be at ease, without fear of harm." Proverbs 1:33

I just printed two copies of this, one for my DD and one for me. This sounds so good. I have to try this this week. With rice it makes a good meal. Can't wait to taste it. Thanks for sharing

"Whoever listens to me will live in safety and be at ease, without fear of harm." Proverbs 1:33

This one is great in the skillet, even if the chicken is still frozen. I forgot to defrost, and found it came out tender because it was soaking in the mixture. DH couldn't believe what I was doing, but loved the outcome!

Jamie<br /><br />"The deepest personal defeat suffered by human beings is constituted by the difference between what one was capable of becoming and what one has in fact become." <br />-- Ashley Montagu

This one is great in the skillet, even if the chicken is still frozen. I forgot to defrost, and found it came out tender because it was soaking in the mixture. DH couldn't believe what I was doing, but loved the outcome!

Jamie<br /><br />"The deepest personal defeat suffered by human beings is constituted by the difference between what one was capable of becoming and what one has in fact become." <br />-- Ashley Montagu

Guest Momto2boys

How long to do this in the oven??

Guest Momto2boys

How long to do this in the oven??

Guest shortdlm

can someone please post how many points for the cola chicken. I saw where someone else asked the same question but there has not been a response yet. thanks shortdlm

Guest shortdlm

can someone please post how many points for the cola chicken. I saw where someone else asked the same question but there has not been a response yet. thanks shortdlm

Guest Byrne Baby Burn

I figured it out. With Ketchup it is 5 points per serving, 4 points with salsa....

I can't wait to try it! :D

Guest Byrne Baby Burn

I figured it out. With Ketchup it is 5 points per serving, 4 points with salsa....

I can't wait to try it! :D