Health Discovery Network
Guest adorableabby

Cola chicken

This is by far the best tasting, most satifying meal ive had in a long time. Dont knock it till you try it! Im going to pass it off as BBQ chiken to DB and see if he even notices, ;) Im sure he wont. Bon Apetite! smile.gif

"Go Confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you imagined."-Thoreau

SW-155.6/CW-152.0/WWGW-??/PGW-120

This is by far the best tasting, most satifying meal ive had in a long time. Dont knock it till you try it! Im going to pass it off as BBQ chiken to DB and see if he even notices, ;) Im sure he wont. Bon Apetite! smile.gif

"Go Confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you imagined."-Thoreau

SW-155.6/CW-152.0/WWGW-??/PGW-120

I have to agree - it is the BEST (and easiest) way to make chicken I've ever seen. I've been making this for some time now, but will have to try the variations I saw here - salsa instead of ketchup, and adding rice. Both sound very good.

Faith is giving God what you can't handle.<br />-------------------<br />Success is found just outside your comfort zone!! <br />--------------------<br />The one thing worse than a quitter is the person who is afraid to begin.<br />------------------- <br />WW-for-Life (C J) OP 24/7

I have to agree - it is the BEST (and easiest) way to make chicken I've ever seen. I've been making this for some time now, but will have to try the variations I saw here - salsa instead of ketchup, and adding rice. Both sound very good.

Faith is giving God what you can't handle.<br />-------------------<br />Success is found just outside your comfort zone!! <br />--------------------<br />The one thing worse than a quitter is the person who is afraid to begin.<br />------------------- <br />WW-for-Life (C J) OP 24/7

I have used the soda and ketchup combination for years when making cocktail meatballs. (Before WW of course) You can also us seven up or sprite. Wonder how this would be with turkey meatballs from the grocery store....Yum.....

I have used the soda and ketchup combination for years when making cocktail meatballs. (Before WW of course) You can also us seven up or sprite. Wonder how this would be with turkey meatballs from the grocery store....Yum.....

Guest twinsmama

I am going to try this one out. I don't think I am going to tell my DH how I made it though. He is a little picky.

Guest twinsmama

I am going to try this one out. I don't think I am going to tell my DH how I made it though. He is a little picky.

Guest Shelley36

This is an awesome meal.. I used 1/2 cup salsa and 1/2 cup ketchup and have tried it with diet pepsi and diet dr. pepper! Both were great! This is a definite keeper!!!!!!MMMMMMMMMMM

Guest Shelley36

This is an awesome meal.. I used 1/2 cup salsa and 1/2 cup ketchup and have tried it with diet pepsi and diet dr. pepper! Both were great! This is a definite keeper!!!!!!MMMMMMMMMMM

Sounds like an easy "must try." Thanks for the great reviews all!

Lori

start 208

current 193

goal ww 158

goal personal 148

highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

Sounds like an easy "must try." Thanks for the great reviews all!

Lori

start 208

current 193

goal ww 158

goal personal 148

highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

Tried it lastnight and it was a hit!! I did season up the "sauce" a bit with some onion powder and just a "dash" of Liquid Smoke.

It's a keeper!!

Linda -

2014 is going to be MY year to get healthier and thinner!!

Tried it lastnight and it was a hit!! I did season up the "sauce" a bit with some onion powder and just a "dash" of Liquid Smoke.

It's a keeper!!

Linda -

2014 is going to be MY year to get healthier and thinner!!

I made this tonight and everyone loved it - even my picky three-year-old! (I used Pepsi - couldn't find a single can of Coke and we don't dring soda so I didn't want to buy a case). I caught DH eating the leftover sauce out of the pan on the stove. ;) And as good as it tastes, the best thing about this is how easy it is to make!

Thanks for sharing the recipe and all the variations.

Junglejoy

I made this tonight and everyone loved it - even my picky three-year-old! (I used Pepsi - couldn't find a single can of Coke and we don't dring soda so I didn't want to buy a case). I caught DH eating the leftover sauce out of the pan on the stove. ;) And as good as it tastes, the best thing about this is how easy it is to make!

Thanks for sharing the recipe and all the variations.

Junglejoy

Guest avabeth

I made it last night and LOVED IT! I don't even like BBQ, but this was fantastic.

One question, though. I couldn't get the sauce to thicken. It stayed pretty thin. I still just spooned it over the chicken and over some green beans as a side dish, but has anyone else had this problem?

Guest avabeth

I made it last night and LOVED IT! I don't even like BBQ, but this was fantastic.

One question, though. I couldn't get the sauce to thicken. It stayed pretty thin. I still just spooned it over the chicken and over some green beans as a side dish, but has anyone else had this problem?

I usually have to put in on HIGH for about 5-10 minutes. Be careful, it has a tendancy to splatter and does get thick.

*Hugs*

~Gina~

Recommitted - 2/4/04 after baby #4

SW 223.6

CW 151.2

WWG 130

PG 123.6

Princess Two Shakes and a Shimmey

I usually have to put in on HIGH for about 5-10 minutes. Be careful, it has a tendancy to splatter and does get thick.

*Hugs*

~Gina~

Recommitted - 2/4/04 after baby #4

SW 223.6

CW 151.2

WWG 130

PG 123.6

Princess Two Shakes and a Shimmey

I have to add my latest "variation." Heinz has a new product called Kicker (ketchup with a "kick" or - tangy ketchup) I used that the last time and DH had TWO pieces of chicken - and he doesn't even LIKE chicken!!!! crazy.gif

If you want the sauce to thicken, you have to let it simmer for quite a while for the liquid to cook off.

I have to add my latest "variation." Heinz has a new product called Kicker (ketchup with a "kick" or - tangy ketchup) I used that the last time and DH had TWO pieces of chicken - and he doesn't even LIKE chicken!!!! crazy.gif

If you want the sauce to thicken, you have to let it simmer for quite a while for the liquid to cook off.

I have to add my latest variation. Heinz has a new product called Kickers (ketchup with a "kick" - or tangy ketchup) I made the chicken with this and DH had TWO pieces of chicken - and he doesn't even LIKE chicken!!!!! crazy.gif

If you want the sauce to thicken - you have to let it simmer for some time to let all the liquid cook off.

I have to add my latest variation. Heinz has a new product called Kickers (ketchup with a "kick" - or tangy ketchup) I made the chicken with this and DH had TWO pieces of chicken - and he doesn't even LIKE chicken!!!!! crazy.gif

If you want the sauce to thicken - you have to let it simmer for some time to let all the liquid cook off.

Sorry for the double post - I thought the first one didn't "take." redface.gif