Health Discovery Network
Guest adorableabby

Cola chicken

Sorry for the double post - I thought the first one didn't "take." redface.gif

Faith is giving God what you can't handle.<br />-------------------<br />Success is found just outside your comfort zone!! <br />--------------------<br />The one thing worse than a quitter is the person who is afraid to begin.<br />------------------- <br />WW-for-Life (C J) OP 24/7

Guest stickchick2b

wave.gif I just made it with Salsa and added rice smile.gif !! It was really good :D !! Don't be a scardy cat try it ;) !!!

stickchick2b

Guest stickchick2b

wave.gif I just made it with Salsa and added rice smile.gif !! It was really good :D !! Don't be a scardy cat try it ;) !!!

stickchick2b

My friend says his wife does her roast like that in the oven.

Okay, I have what is probably a dumb question,but doesn't Diet Coke have nutrasweet in it? And doesn't Nutrasweet break down at high temperatures? Or do I have my sweeteners mixed up?

Susan

"Until we are tested by fire we never know our own true strength.

Many of us, indeed it's likely all of us have been tempered by fire.

It's what we do after that test that really makes a difference." by Diamond

My friend says his wife does her roast like that in the oven.

Okay, I have what is probably a dumb question,but doesn't Diet Coke have nutrasweet in it? And doesn't Nutrasweet break down at high temperatures? Or do I have my sweeteners mixed up?

Susan

"Until we are tested by fire we never know our own true strength.

Many of us, indeed it's likely all of us have been tempered by fire.

It's what we do after that test that really makes a difference." by Diamond

I made this the other night for dinner and it was delicious. I added a cup of rice to the chicken and it was very filling. A definite keeper!

I made this the other night for dinner and it was delicious. I added a cup of rice to the chicken and it was very filling. A definite keeper!

Could one use real rice instead of minute rice? If so, would you add it with about 20 minutes of cooking time left?

I'd also like to know the point value. I could calculate it, but how much of the sauce evaporates?

barb<br /><br />Believe in miracles, but don't depend on them

Could one use real rice instead of minute rice? If so, would you add it with about 20 minutes of cooking time left?

I'd also like to know the point value. I could calculate it, but how much of the sauce evaporates?

barb<br /><br />Believe in miracles, but don't depend on them

Guest KMoss

OMG! I loved this recipe already with plain ketchup. But last night I tried it with Heinz Smokey Mesquite ketchup and it was DELICIOUS. I absolutely love this recipe! Thanks, WW-For-Life, for the "Kicker" tip!

MMMM mmmmm mmmmmmmmmmm

- Keri

Guest KMoss

OMG! I loved this recipe already with plain ketchup. But last night I tried it with Heinz Smokey Mesquite ketchup and it was DELICIOUS. I absolutely love this recipe! Thanks, WW-For-Life, for the "Kicker" tip!

MMMM mmmmm mmmmmmmmmmm

- Keri

Let me answer a question or two. First of all, only the diet coke cooks off, which was 0 points anyhow. That said, calculate the ketchup, which is probably just 2-3 points for all 4 breasts.

Concerning the Aspartame, you are right, it does break down typically. For some reason, that does not affect this recipe, which I am curious about too. Maybe it only breaks down in dry baking. It stays tangy and sweet with this dish.

My dad was telling me how gross this sounded, and I told him that i read on this list that people have been doing this for ages with mini hot dogs and not even to diet. He had a big boat party and put a can of soda into his hot dog concoction and everyone raved. HA! He taught me to cook, and now the student becomes the teacher... tongue.gif

Jamie<br /><br />"The deepest personal defeat suffered by human beings is constituted by the difference between what one was capable of becoming and what one has in fact become." <br />-- Ashley Montagu

Let me answer a question or two. First of all, only the diet coke cooks off, which was 0 points anyhow. That said, calculate the ketchup, which is probably just 2-3 points for all 4 breasts.

Concerning the Aspartame, you are right, it does break down typically. For some reason, that does not affect this recipe, which I am curious about too. Maybe it only breaks down in dry baking. It stays tangy and sweet with this dish.

My dad was telling me how gross this sounded, and I told him that i read on this list that people have been doing this for ages with mini hot dogs and not even to diet. He had a big boat party and put a can of soda into his hot dog concoction and everyone raved. HA! He taught me to cook, and now the student becomes the teacher... tongue.gif

Jamie<br /><br />"The deepest personal defeat suffered by human beings is constituted by the difference between what one was capable of becoming and what one has in fact become." <br />-- Ashley Montagu

When I make this recipe, I add some minced garlic and some diced onions and green peppers. I am going to make it tomorrow with another variation, instead of using ketchup, I will add chili sauce. Also while it is simmering, I keep an eye and usually add more soda to make more sauce. Yum!! thumbup.gif thumbup.gif

Ann/Aignergal<br />281/202/155<br />closing in on 3rd 10%<br />------------------<br />"Strength is a matter of the made-up mind." John Beecher

When I make this recipe, I add some minced garlic and some diced onions and green peppers. I am going to make it tomorrow with another variation, instead of using ketchup, I will add chili sauce. Also while it is simmering, I keep an eye and usually add more soda to make more sauce. Yum!! thumbup.gif thumbup.gif

Ann/Aignergal<br />281/202/155<br />closing in on 3rd 10%<br />------------------<br />"Strength is a matter of the made-up mind." John Beecher

I LOVE These variations! I brown my chicken first to make it look better, then I add the coke/ketchup mixture with some garlic powder and a little paprika and black pepper. Then I cook the chicken until done- remove the chicken and set aside- then I turn the sauce up on high and cover- stirring every minute or so until really thick- sometimes I add a bitof bbq sauce to it to help thicken it. Then I serve with Yellow Rice. YUM!

~Mandy<br />********Stats**********<br />over 40 lbs gone forever!<br />244.6/200/138<br />SW/CW/GW<br />Rejoined WW on 6/13/02!!<br />~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br />Summer Boot Camp 6/21-8/31 <br />(Visit the Goals and Countdowns Board)<br />SBC Start: 201.2<br />SBC Current: 199.8<br />SBC Goal: 179.2 (22 lbs)<br />SBC Lost: 1.4 lbs

I LOVE These variations! I brown my chicken first to make it look better, then I add the coke/ketchup mixture with some garlic powder and a little paprika and black pepper. Then I cook the chicken until done- remove the chicken and set aside- then I turn the sauce up on high and cover- stirring every minute or so until really thick- sometimes I add a bitof bbq sauce to it to help thicken it. Then I serve with Yellow Rice. YUM!

~Mandy<br />********Stats**********<br />over 40 lbs gone forever!<br />244.6/200/138<br />SW/CW/GW<br />Rejoined WW on 6/13/02!!<br />~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br />Summer Boot Camp 6/21-8/31 <br />(Visit the Goals and Countdowns Board)<br />SBC Start: 201.2<br />SBC Current: 199.8<br />SBC Goal: 179.2 (22 lbs)<br />SBC Lost: 1.4 lbs

Well with this glowing revue I have to try this...you say Diet Dr. Pepper works okay...that is all the diet drink I drink so I will try that :D

When everything is beyond my control...I can control what I put in my mouth.

SW: 353 8/15/06

OP: 287 5/01/07

CW: 266

GW: 170

Well with this glowing revue I have to try this...you say Diet Dr. Pepper works okay...that is all the diet drink I drink so I will try that :D

Just wanted to add my praise for this recipe..fixed it yesterday for Sunday dinner and everyone loved it...couldn't believe what was in it and how simple it was to make. Thanks to whoever posted this one..it's a keeper.

Gayle

Just wanted to add my praise for this recipe..fixed it yesterday for Sunday dinner and everyone loved it...couldn't believe what was in it and how simple it was to make. Thanks to whoever posted this one..it's a keeper.

Gayle

I did it...this was wonderful :eek: ....I drink Diet Dr. Pepper about like we drink water....I used Diet Dr. Pepper and the salsa....this sauce is so fine....I love it so....steamed me some broccoli and cauliflower on the side with my chicken...goooood eating.... bcbsalute.gif bcbsalute.gif

I did it...this was wonderful :eek: ....I drink Diet Dr. Pepper about like we drink water....I used Diet Dr. Pepper and the salsa....this sauce is so fine....I love it so....steamed me some broccoli and cauliflower on the side with my chicken...goooood eating.... bcbsalute.gif bcbsalute.gif

I am going to try this for supper tomorrow night. I have a couple friends coming over and I'll let you know. I like the idea of adding some veggies and rice to it just before it is done to make a complete meal.

Cheers, Carlee

Carleerun for the Presidential Challenge <br />Go BootCamp Buddies Go!!!

I am going to try this for supper tomorrow night. I have a couple friends coming over and I'll let you know. I like the idea of adding some veggies and rice to it just before it is done to make a complete meal.

Cheers, Carlee

Carleerun for the Presidential Challenge <br />Go BootCamp Buddies Go!!!