Health Discovery Network
Guest adorableabby

Cola chicken

Tried this at our house and it was a big success. One we will definitely have again. :cool:

SW 211

CW 184

GW 155

Started WW 5-6-02

With God's help I am strong enough to conquer anything--even myself.

Kathy<br />Started WW 5-6-02<br />SW 211.2 <br />WWG 155<br />CW 148<br />PG 150<br />With God's help I am strong enough to conquer anything, even myself.

Tried this at our house and it was a big success. One we will definitely have again. :cool:

SW 211

CW 184

GW 155

Started WW 5-6-02

With God's help I am strong enough to conquer anything--even myself.

Kathy<br />Started WW 5-6-02<br />SW 211.2 <br />WWG 155<br />CW 148<br />PG 150<br />With God's help I am strong enough to conquer anything, even myself.

Guest sunflowergirl

I told my DH about this one and he thought it sounded gross...now I will have to try it and see what he thinks! :D

Guest sunflowergirl

I told my DH about this one and he thought it sounded gross...now I will have to try it and see what he thinks! :D

Guest Loggerlady

Honestly.. this recipe sounds *crazy* crazy.gif but I think I'm going to give it a shot! I don't think I'll mention to the BF what's in it.. He's weird that way (aren't all men?) and I'll just see what he thinks!

Guest Loggerlady

Honestly.. this recipe sounds *crazy* crazy.gif but I think I'm going to give it a shot! I don't think I'll mention to the BF what's in it.. He's weird that way (aren't all men?) and I'll just see what he thinks!

There's a new ketchup out on the market called "Heinz Kicks" (I believe). It's a spicy ketchup or they have a garlic flavored. I can hardly wait to try it with this recipie. I'll let you know how it comes out. wave.gif

Started WW: 05/16/02

SW: 189

CW: 177

GW: 140

~ * ~ * ~Judy ~ * ~ *

(last updated - 03/25/07

CW: 185

Goal: 140

There's a new ketchup out on the market called "Heinz Kicks" (I believe). It's a spicy ketchup or they have a garlic flavored. I can hardly wait to try it with this recipie. I'll let you know how it comes out. wave.gif

Started WW: 05/16/02

SW: 189

CW: 177

GW: 140

~ * ~ * ~Judy ~ * ~ *

(last updated - 03/25/07

CW: 185

Goal: 140

Guest Nix

I am definately going to try this. I generally take ww smart ones (frozen meals) to work for lunch, but I'm going to make my own with this. I love the fact that there are so many ways to change it up a bit! :cool:

Nix

Guest Nix

I am definately going to try this. I generally take ww smart ones (frozen meals) to work for lunch, but I'm going to make my own with this. I love the fact that there are so many ways to change it up a bit! :cool:

Nix

Guest luvsrabbits

I made this today with beef. I sliced a 1 lb. top round roast in thin strips, browned it off in my electric skillet sprayed with Pam. Then added the diet coke and catsup. Simmered, covered, on low for two hours. Then I turned up the heat and cocked the lid to let the steam release but cover the spatters. Takes about 5 mins for the sauce to thicken, but keep an eye on it cause once it starts to thicken it will do so quickly. You don't want it to burn. My DH had this on buns and I put it over brown rice. Very tasty. Points are higher by 1/2 but I just cut my portion to give me the points I needed.

Guest luvsrabbits

I made this today with beef. I sliced a 1 lb. top round roast in thin strips, browned it off in my electric skillet sprayed with Pam. Then added the diet coke and catsup. Simmered, covered, on low for two hours. Then I turned up the heat and cocked the lid to let the steam release but cover the spatters. Takes about 5 mins for the sauce to thicken, but keep an eye on it cause once it starts to thicken it will do so quickly. You don't want it to burn. My DH had this on buns and I put it over brown rice. Very tasty. Points are higher by 1/2 but I just cut my portion to give me the points I needed.

I made the mistake of doubling the recipe in the crockpot for 9 breasts with 1/2 cup each of ketchup and cola. The sauce didn't thicken. :(

On the upside the chicken was still fantastic!!

Grainne

3/16/02- Made WW Lifetime

4'11"...SW 176lbs CW 154 lbs WGW 115

Rejoining weight 11/17 154 lbs

weight.png

I made the mistake of doubling the recipe in the crockpot for 9 breasts with 1/2 cup each of ketchup and cola. The sauce didn't thicken. :(

On the upside the chicken was still fantastic!!

Grainne

3/16/02- Made WW Lifetime

4'11"...SW 176lbs CW 154 lbs WGW 115

Rejoining weight 11/17 154 lbs

weight.png

I've had this recipe for a while(always kind of leary to try it), but last night broke down and cooked and everyone loved it. We had my 5 year old nephew with us and he wanted seconds. It is definetly a redo. wave.gif

I've had this recipe for a while(always kind of leary to try it), but last night broke down and cooked and everyone loved it. We had my 5 year old nephew with us and he wanted seconds. It is definetly a redo. wave.gif

Guest Loggerlady

Wow.. we tried this tonight, I can't believe it.. it was so GREAT! Thanks for the recipe. smile.gif

Guest Loggerlady

Wow.. we tried this tonight, I can't believe it.. it was so GREAT! Thanks for the recipe. smile.gif

Guest STAYSEA71

I wonder if it would work with diet orange soda

might give it a nice citrus taste.

stacey

sw146

cw 134

gw 115

Guest STAYSEA71

I wonder if it would work with diet orange soda

might give it a nice citrus taste.

stacey

sw146

cw 134

gw 115

I fixed in the skillet and I liked it very much. DS didn't care for it though, and he usually loves BBQ sauce. DH who usually doesn't like BBQ sauce and is VERY PICKY, actually liked it. (I didn't tell him what was in it.) I also added a lot of very finely sliced onions which were very good in the sauce.

Janice

Ya-Ya Name: Duchess Five and Dime

SW243/CW219/GW137

There are only 2 choices: make progress or make excuses.

Some succeed because they are destined; others succeed because they are DETERMINED.

I fixed in the skillet and I liked it very much. DS didn't care for it though, and he usually loves BBQ sauce. DH who usually doesn't like BBQ sauce and is VERY PICKY, actually liked it. (I didn't tell him what was in it.) I also added a lot of very finely sliced onions which were very good in the sauce.

Janice

Ya-Ya Name: Duchess Five and Dime

SW243/CW219/GW137

There are only 2 choices: make progress or make excuses.

Some succeed because they are destined; others succeed because they are DETERMINED.

Guest JMC

I made this over the weekend with medium salsa, and it was sooooo good! DF LOVED it! smile.gif

Definitely a make-again recipe.

- JMC