Health Discovery Network
Guest adorableabby

Cola chicken

Guest JMC

I made this over the weekend with medium salsa, and it was sooooo good! DF LOVED it! smile.gif

Definitely a make-again recipe.

- JMC

I loves this recipe :D and have tried it plenty of times. My teens even love it. Once I saw a variation to it when someone added onion soup mix and something else. I was just wondering if anyone else ever tried this variation and if you have the recipe with onion soup mix, please email me. Thanks. wave.gif Karyn

Joined WW at 163 - 1 Jul 02<br />Made goal at 140 - 30 Sep 02<br />138 - 21 Oct 02<br />137.5 - 28 Oct<br />Lifetime: 137 - 4 Nov<br />14 Nov: 136.5<br />1 Aug: 140; 1 Sep: 135, Mar 04: 131,Apr04 - 126.5

I loves this recipe :D and have tried it plenty of times. My teens even love it. Once I saw a variation to it when someone added onion soup mix and something else. I was just wondering if anyone else ever tried this variation and if you have the recipe with onion soup mix, please email me. Thanks. wave.gif Karyn

Joined WW at 163 - 1 Jul 02<br />Made goal at 140 - 30 Sep 02<br />138 - 21 Oct 02<br />137.5 - 28 Oct<br />Lifetime: 137 - 4 Nov<br />14 Nov: 136.5<br />1 Aug: 140; 1 Sep: 135, Mar 04: 131,Apr04 - 126.5

Guest sportess

What is the points for 1 serving of this chicken?

Guest sportess

What is the points for 1 serving of this chicken?

I believe it to me 5 points per serving but that is for the chicken only, not the rice.

Karyn wave.gif

I believe it to me 5 points per serving but that is for the chicken only, not the rice.

Karyn wave.gif

Guest tbosten

Can I just tell you?! My DH and I were about to lick the pan!! The chicken was SO tender, and the sauce was AWESOME! It's so funny; he's an Executive Chef of a fine dining restaurant, and this is the first time since we've been together(9 years!) where I've been cooking. Everything's been great so far (most of my recipes have been from here :D ), but this...this he thought would be disgusting! I used medium picante sauce instead of ketchup. I kept telling him how many people said it was really good, so he reserved judgement. His face was HILARIOUS! He was like, "Oh, my God, this is GREAT!" It had a nice spice to it! I wouldn't wonder if there is a new special at his restaurant next week! LOL crazy.gif

Guest tbosten

Can I just tell you?! My DH and I were about to lick the pan!! The chicken was SO tender, and the sauce was AWESOME! It's so funny; he's an Executive Chef of a fine dining restaurant, and this is the first time since we've been together(9 years!) where I've been cooking. Everything's been great so far (most of my recipes have been from here :D ), but this...this he thought would be disgusting! I used medium picante sauce instead of ketchup. I kept telling him how many people said it was really good, so he reserved judgement. His face was HILARIOUS! He was like, "Oh, my God, this is GREAT!" It had a nice spice to it! I wouldn't wonder if there is a new special at his restaurant next week! LOL crazy.gif

Guest jefrado22

Ok, I'm sold - will try it with diet Dr. Pepper (I never have cola on hand) and salsa - but what sold me (in addition to all you raving) was being able to use FROZEN chicken breasts - just like me to need a LAST MINUTE RESCUE RECIPE!!!

Guest jefrado22

Ok, I'm sold - will try it with diet Dr. Pepper (I never have cola on hand) and salsa - but what sold me (in addition to all you raving) was being able to use FROZEN chicken breasts - just like me to need a LAST MINUTE RESCUE RECIPE!!!

Guest JMC

I just had to add that I made this again last night, and it is so incredibly good! I made it for my parents, and they both LOVED it!!

I made it with the Diet Coke and salsa, and served it over bulgur. For 7 points total, I was stuffed!

- JMC

Guest JMC

I just had to add that I made this again last night, and it is so incredibly good! I made it for my parents, and they both LOVED it!!

I made it with the Diet Coke and salsa, and served it over bulgur. For 7 points total, I was stuffed!

- JMC

My favorite thing is being able to use the frozen breasts too, since who has time to defrost...

Anyway, I think I will like this better with a kickier sauce. When I made this, I had to add a lot of seasonings, cause I like things with KICK! Other than that, very good. I ate it several days in a row, so I am now sick of it, but I think it is time to revisit! crazy.gif

Jamie<br /><br />"The deepest personal defeat suffered by human beings is constituted by the difference between what one was capable of becoming and what one has in fact become." <br />-- Ashley Montagu

My favorite thing is being able to use the frozen breasts too, since who has time to defrost...

Anyway, I think I will like this better with a kickier sauce. When I made this, I had to add a lot of seasonings, cause I like things with KICK! Other than that, very good. I ate it several days in a row, so I am now sick of it, but I think it is time to revisit! crazy.gif

Jamie<br /><br />"The deepest personal defeat suffered by human beings is constituted by the difference between what one was capable of becoming and what one has in fact become." <br />-- Ashley Montagu

Hi Buddies wave.gif

Add my vote for this easy and delicious recipe! I prepared it with roasted garlic salsa and an envelope of onion soup mix, also added some chopped scallions.

Served it over bulgur and a serving, including the bulgur, was 6 points! Points well spent! :D

Blessings + Cheers,<br /><br />ANNA <br /><br />AIM ID: operadog8b<br /><br />"... it's not where you <b>start</b>, it's where you <b>finish</b>", <br />Stephen Sondheim<br />All time heaviest: 232#s, Final WW re-join: 199#, <b>CW: 176#</b> (5' 7")<br /><br /><b><i>"onward and downward"</b></i><br />Mort Sahl<br /><br /><b>"...perseverance furthers'</b><br />The I Ching

Hi Buddies wave.gif

Add my vote for this easy and delicious recipe! I prepared it with roasted garlic salsa and an envelope of onion soup mix, also added some chopped scallions.

Served it over bulgur and a serving, including the bulgur, was 6 points! Points well spent! :D

Blessings + Cheers,<br /><br />ANNA <br /><br />AIM ID: operadog8b<br /><br />"... it's not where you <b>start</b>, it's where you <b>finish</b>", <br />Stephen Sondheim<br />All time heaviest: 232#s, Final WW re-join: 199#, <b>CW: 176#</b> (5' 7")<br /><br /><b><i>"onward and downward"</b></i><br />Mort Sahl<br /><br /><b>"...perseverance furthers'</b><br />The I Ching

Finally had to give this recipe a try. I couldn't believe it this was so good. :D Used the diet dr pepper with the ketchup. Tasted like sweet BBQ sauce.This goes in my staple of recipes. I hate cooking, but stuff like this makes it worth it. thumbup.gif

highest wt-165/SW-159/CW-141/GW-123

MADE LIFETIME 5/29/03!

Don't put off tomorrow what you can do today! ;)

Ya Ya name: Empress Singing Creek

President's Challenge: earned Bronze Award 7/1/05Silver Award 11/11/05

YIPPEE!:exercise2 83% towards Gold award

Finally had to give this recipe a try. I couldn't believe it this was so good. :D Used the diet dr pepper with the ketchup. Tasted like sweet BBQ sauce.This goes in my staple of recipes. I hate cooking, but stuff like this makes it worth it. thumbup.gif

highest wt-165/SW-159/CW-141/GW-123

MADE LIFETIME 5/29/03!

Don't put off tomorrow what you can do today! ;)

Ya Ya name: Empress Singing Creek

President's Challenge: earned Bronze Award 7/1/05Silver Award 11/11/05

YIPPEE!:exercise2 83% towards Gold award

Guest Prinni

This is an awesome recipe! I will try it with the salsa! thanks!

Guest Prinni

This is an awesome recipe! I will try it with the salsa! thanks!

This recipe is great..tried it last night..hubby doesnt care for chicken..He actually said that he really liked this dish..so I will be sure to make it again..thanks so much..

fribbit

fribbit

restart:

sw 176

cw 135.5

ww gw 141

my gw 130

start ww 8/22/02

sw 198

goal 129!! made it!!!

http://www.freewebs.com/fribbitspage

This recipe is great..tried it last night..hubby doesnt care for chicken..He actually said that he really liked this dish..so I will be sure to make it again..thanks so much..

fribbit

fribbit

restart:

sw 176

cw 135.5

ww gw 141

my gw 130

start ww 8/22/02

sw 198

goal 129!! made it!!!

fribbit

fribbit

restart:

sw 176

cw 135.5

ww gw 141

my gw 130

start ww 8/22/02

sw 198

goal 129!! made it!!!

fribbit

fribbit

restart:

sw 176

cw 135.5

ww gw 141

my gw 130

start ww 8/22/02

sw 198

goal 129!! made it!!!