2 zucchinis, diced

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes

1 cup chopped fresh basil

4 Roma tomatoes, chopped

1 pound bay scallops 8

2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese 1

Directions:

1. In a large pot with boiling salted water cook pasta 5 min. Drain.

2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat oil, add garlic and cook until tender. Add the zucchini, salt, red pepper flakes, dried basil (if using) and saute for 10 minutes. Add chopped tomatoes, bay scallops, and fresh basil (if using) and simmer for 5 minutes, or until scallops are opaque. I scooped out scallops and veggies so I could reduce liquid at rolling boil (the fresh veggies yielded a lot of liquid)

3. Return scallops and veggies to sauce. Add drained pasta, toss and simmer for a few minutes to absorb some of liquid. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.

Makes 6 servings

WW points: 6.5

CORE recipe without Parmesan cheese

marge

SW: 206

GW: 146

CW: 166. 8:bcb_march

40#: 2/5; 45# 4/1; 50# 4/29

weight.png

Marge.......

Thanks for a great looking CORE recipe. I wonder if this would be good with shrimp. I have tons of frozen raw shrimp in my freezer at present, or maybe I could do half shrimp and half scallops. Hmmmmm........you have me thinking here.........LOL !!!

Oh.....and if using dried basil, what is the amount to be used. (I don't know how much dried would be equivalent to 1 cup fresh basil).

Thanks in advance.......

Karen

HERE WE GO AGAIN !! :bcbkickbu

STGoal #1: 200 lbs

Losses to date: 8.3 lbs

I bet shrimp would be very good in this. I have some salmon at home I'm going to use.

Tish

Onward and Downward

Marge, is the 12 tsps. olive oil correct?

I did use 12 tsp. When I create a recipe I usually 2 tsp. per serving for my daily requirement. The recipe can certainly be done with much less or with Pam, or Pam and EEVO.

When using dried herbs, I use 1/3 the amount of fresh.

I'm sure any shellfish would be equally tasty. I would be interested in results of using salmon since it is more assertive.

marge

weight.png

Marge......

Thanks for answering my question re: ratio of fresh basil to dry. I actually bought some bay scallops yesterday, and plan on using the fresh basil. (Unless of course I forget to stop at the greengrocers to pick it up........LOL !!!)

Karen

Good Morning All......

Marge, I just had to post that I made this last night using scallops and the dried basil. I was a little skeptical to begin with, seeing I was using greenhouse tomatoes, and not fresh basil......but.....all I can say is that this was FABULOUS !!!!! The sauce was wonderful and thickened up nicely. Can't wait to try this again this week, only using shrimp.

Karen

Good Morning All......

Marge, I just had to post that I made this last night using scallops and the dried basil. I was a little skeptical to begin with, seeing I was using greenhouse tomatoes, and not fresh basil......but.....all I can say is that this was FABULOUS !!!!! The sauce was wonderful and thickened up nicely. Can't wait to try this again this week, only using shrimp.

Karen

I made enough for many meals and the leftovers were even better than the original because the pasta absorbed more of the sauce.

I am always amazed at the number of delicious recipes are available for us on WW, CORE or flex. I have not been impressed with many of the WW official recipes and often modify a Cooking Light recipe. I do think this website gives us more opportunity to collect unique flavors and textures. Who said all the flavor is in the fat? BTW: how much olive oil did you use?

marge

weight.png

Hi Marge......

When I made this up, I didn't want any leftovers. I halved the recipe re: the zucchini, tomatoes, spices, and scallops.

I sprayed my skillet with Olive Oil Pam, and then added 2 tsps Olive Oil for my healthy oils for the day. (BTW.........I was always taught oil did not add flavour......it only added texture)

I only boiled up one serving of pasta, using 2 oz. dry pasta.

I did follow the general directions regarding the assembly of the recipe, but ate the whole thing. I'm currently doing CORE. Even if I was on flexpoints it would have been 4 points for the scallops, the veggies were "free", and the pasta would have been 4 points to a maximum of 6 points. (I really don't know, as I didn't measure the cooked WW pasta) It turned out to be a very filling dinner with no leftovers to worry about. I was even thinking this might be nice served atop some couscous.

Marge........Thanks for doing all you do for us.........in modifying these delicious recipes:bcb_wink3. Eating doesn't get much better than this !!!

Karen

I made this last night and it was delicious! I wound up skipping the zuccini, because I didn't have any, and adding some capers to this dish. I made a single serving of it using 2 tomatoes, 2 garlic cloves, a tsp of olive oil, the seasonings, about a half cup of the fresh chopped basil and about 3 oz. of scallops, then served it over 2 oz. of pasta. It was really good!

Things I'm Most Looking Forward To:

No more back fat!

More E-N-E-R-G-Y!

Buying stylish, not oversized clothes

Packing smaller clothes

Living long enough to see my grandchildren grow up

Having a stable wardrobe

Ability to handle cravings

The END of binging!

A healthier me!

Mardee, love your before and after pix.

This recipe is one of the easiest to modify for your own tastes and needs. I have another package of bay scallops in the freezer and will probably go back to this recipe rather than try a new one.

I notice two of you prepare only the exact amount. Wonder if it's a CORE approach. I measure points and put the food away in the freezer immediately. We have been with this lifestyle long enough to know what works for us.

marge

weight.png

Hi Marge......

Single servings are not necessarily the CORE approach. In my case, it's just I don't have alot of freezer space. As well.... I don't necessarily like to eat the same thing days in a row.

Mardee.......I'm glad to hear you loved Marge's recipe as well. I'm thinking I'll repeat this recipe using shrimp on Monday night:D.

Karen

Single servings are not necessarily the CORE approach. In my case, it's just I don't have alot of freezer space. As well.... I don't necessarily like to eat the same thing days in a row.

Mardee.......I'm glad to hear you loved Marge's recipe as well. I'm thinking I'll repeat this recipe using shrimp on Monday night:D.

Gotcha, Karen. I have a very small fridge and have limited space for freezing. Then one Xmas season, Lowes had a terrific sale on a compact freezer, and I bought it to store food for when the kids came home. After they left I dedicated it as a WW freezer and that is why I make large quantities.

marge

weight.png

Hi Marge......

I wish I still had my freezer :bcb_cry:. I used to live in a one bedroom rental apartment which was built in the 1960's, and had loads of space. Once I became a homeowner in the 1990's when I bought my condo, I downsized in the amount of liveable space by about 1/2. (Same intentions though.......1 bedroom suite.......but built in different era's). My small freezer then had to go. I sure miss it now.

Karen

What are the red numbers next to certain foods? Is it that 18 pieces of WW Pasta is one serving? etc? I'd like to try this recipe soon.

Peg

I think they are the points. This recipe does look really good.

Live, laugh, love and be happy.

Starting Weight: 237

Current Weight: 203.5

My Goal Weight: 180