Health Discovery Network
Mellangell

On being sick...

(forgive me if this is the wrong place to post this!)

So I have one of those fun little bugs where my body is rejecting almost everything I'm putting into it, and since this is the first time I've been sick since starting WW and I have a tendency to think of weird things all the time anyway...

Do you count the points for the foods that have been...rejected?

How do you work on getting your 8's in if you can't eat half the food groups?

Do you not worry about counting points on days like this?

Is it okay to laugh at what a great workout my abs are getting? :D

(fyi, took -two- multivitamins today, and have managed to keep down some low sodium chicken broth and crackers, as well as a bit of cantelope, but neither oj nor yogurt worked out so well.)

Any suggestions on other things I can eat so I don't deprive my body of nutrients?

weight.png

I say (and have done) to not worry about points for the days you are sick. Your body will catch up when you feel better. Just eat things that you are able to keep down and don't worry about the rest right now.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Penny

SW 213.8

CW 186.0 (Total Core loss = -27.8)

GW 150

Wife to Eugene :buddysmoo

Mom to Joseph and Jake

weight.png

Guest healthydays

For me personally, if I eat it I point it. I don't want to do anything that will start me on a slide of not counting what is going in my mouth. But that is just how I have to work the program for me.

Do take care of yourself and I hope you feel better soon. Be sure to drink plenty of water.

If you know that you will backslide if you don't write your points, then by all means journal. However, when I am so sick I can't keep stuff down, I don't journal. I focus on getting well, and when I can keep things down again, I start counting. It's up to you. I wouldn't focus on getting in your points, as I know I don't eat as much when I'm sick. WW is for HEALTHY people, not sick people, focus on getting well first, then get back on track. Hope you feel better soon!!

Mel

DD Alexis born 11/04!

DS Aiden born 12/06!

weight.png

I agree....if you feel up to eating and can write it down, do so...otherwise, don't FORCE yourself to eat if you can't JUST so you can write it down.

THEN when you are better, jump back on the journaling wagon.

Penny

SW 213.8

CW 186.0 (Total Core loss = -27.8)

GW 150

Wife to Eugene :buddysmoo

Mom to Joseph and Jake

weight.png

My opinion is if you are ejecting the food don't worry about it. You aren't getting enough food to count it. Just eat what you can keep down and count that but don't worry about the rest while you are sick.

So if all you can keep down is saltines don't eat two boxes in a day, but its ok if you get a disproportiate amount of points from them to the exclusion of other groups.

Keep track of your points if you are eating a good amount of food -- otherwise wait until you are better.

Grace

:kickbutt:

Back to WW for Good 8/6/2010

I agree - take it easy and let your body do it's job. Don't force yourself to eat, either... soon you will be back to your old self again.

Glenda

~Glenda~

I am stronger than this.

One minute, One hour, One day at a time

3811110.png

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

You're very committed if you even consider counting points while sick - however I believe whatever you can keep down is good and no counting should be done when ill. When you're better you can just jump back on track. If all you can handle is crackers and toast then call it good and just eat that.

RainyBabie :bcb_happy

weight.png

Back on track - September 2010... Whoo hoo! :bcb_march

Some Weeks You Lose, Some Weeks You Learn...

Just want to say thank you to everyone for posting your advice and well wishes.

I'm still getting better, but not 100% yet...I decided I'd keep in mind the points I was eating, but wouldn't worry about getting to my goal points or getting my 8's in if I couldn't manage it. (I didn't want to stop thinking about it completely, I tend to forget to start again if I do that)

Thank you everyone!! *hugs!*

weight.png