Jump to content
Health Discovery Network
marge2

Ethiopian Cabbage: CORE worthy

Recommended Posts

Ethiopian Cabbage Dish – my way

 

 

This is amazingly mild but tasty. I added chicken to make complete meal. There's a sweetness that must be from the carrots.

 

PREP TIME 25 Min

COOK TIME 40 Min

READY IN 1 Hr 5 Min

 

SERVINGS: 5

 

INGREDIENTS

  • 10 tsp. olive oil
  • 4 carrots, thinly sliced
  • 1 onion, thinly sliced
  • 1 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
  • 1/2 head cabbage, shredded
  • 2 tsp. minced garlic
  • 5 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
  • 8 oz. cooked chicken
  • ¼ cup chicken stock

·

 

DIRECTIONS

 

1. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the carrots, garlic and onion in the hot oil about 5 minutes. Stir in the salt, pepper, cumin, turmeric, and cabbage and cook another 15 to 20 minutes. Add the potatoes, chicken and stock; cover. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until potatoes are soft, 20 to 30 minutes.

 


marge

 

SW: 206

GW: 146

CW: 166. 8:bcb_march

40#: 2/5; 45# 4/1; 50# 4/29

weight.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This sounds wonderful! Thanks for posting the recipe :)


Rose

 

HW:175

WW Goal: 136

Below WW Goal since Dec. 2006

Personal Goal: 118-123

CW: 120.0 (11/18/08)

BMI: 21.8

 

"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice." Wayne Dyer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha ha! I'm Ethiopian and obviously love Ethiopian food... but it has never occured to me to try and make it while on WW. Which is a shame 'cause there are so many excellent healthy foods.

 

I've always wondered about the points value of injera and whether it would be considered core or not.


10/08 256/227

8/09 245.2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ha ha! I'm Ethiopian and obviously love Ethiopian food... but it has never occured to me to try and make it while on WW. Which is a shame 'cause there are so many excellent healthy foods.

 

I've always wondered about the points value of injera and whether it would be considered core or not.

 

Here is the nutritional infor - 2 points

Nutrition Facts Amount Per 1 cup, pieces Calories 92.48

Calories from Fat 5.51 % Daily Value * Total Fat 0.612g 1% Saturated Fat 0.0972g 0% Polyunsaturated Fat 0.259g Monounsaturated Fat 0.0544g Cholesterol 0mg 0% Sodium 136mg 6% Potassium 38.76mg 1% Total Carbohydrate 20.26g 7% Dietary Fiber 0.68g 3% Protein 2.99g 6%


marge

 

SW: 206

GW: 146

CW: 166. 8:bcb_march

40#: 2/5; 45# 4/1; 50# 4/29

weight.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This sounds very good indeed a comfort food for cold weather. Thanks for sharing.


I can do this with the strength Christ gives me!!

S/W 223.4 / WW G/W 150 reached on 12/23/03

Working my way back to goal !!

 

 

weight.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.