Health Discovery Network
Tabetha Seay

Sodium...question

I just started weight watchers a day and a half ago. the only problem Is everything I consume besides the fruit has sodium In It..I cant offered to go grocery shopping for fresh veggies and what not for another few weeks so I am having to make do with what I have. Will It cause me to :bcb_confugain weight or will I still be able to loose?

weight.png

Sodium doesn't cause you to gain weight. I may cause you to retain water, which in some cases might look like a weight gain. But there are no calories in sodium.

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

Sometimes I have to make due too with what I have around the house which usually means frozen goods. When I consume more sodium then usual I drink a bottle or two of extra water hoping it'll help get the sodium out of my system. It seems to work. I still always end up losing if I stay on plan! Hope that helps:)

Jen

One day at a time

Sodium is not figured into WW. Unless you have heart problems or fluid retention. I use very little salt, never add salt to my food after it is cooked. It is because of heart issues.

weight.png

CLICK

SW 437.4 SD 01/31/02 first time

HW 449.4 01/12/02

LW 238.4 07/29/04

Quit date 10/12/05

SW 318.0 SD 04/01/08 second time

PW 267.0 10/21/08

I agree with the other comments about water consumption. If you are drinking enough water you can flush out the normal sodium you eat during the day. Just try not to eat a lot of extra salt at anytime for your health. And if you do just try to add extra water to that day.

Best wishes and enjoy the site :).

Height-5'9 HW-244

SW-240

CW-229/-2

GW-160

Mini goal-200 by vacation ;)!!

(29 pounds, 12 weeks to go)

Tracie :)

Welcome Tabetha. You are just at the beginning of all you will learn from WW and this site.

Although I follow the Flex and note Core program (really want to count my points) I eat mostly Core food. It takes a while to learn. You have to stock your pantry, fridge and freezer and have these foods as convenient as convenience foods.

You have just begun. You will develop what works for you. I also go to Sparkpeople. com which is a healthy lifestyle site that is very complex and helpful. If you put in your daily foods, it will crunch the numbers for you and you can see your actual sodium intake. I am pleased to say I rarely go over the recommended range of sodium.

My son's blood pressure is high and he and I started studying his intake together. I taught him how to ask at the supermarket for low sodium deli meats and he uses Sparkpeople.com to keep within his range.

I totally agree with the water consumption.

Keep in touch and we will help as we can.

marge

SW: 206

GW: 146

CW: 166. 8:bcb_march

40#: 2/5; 45# 4/1; 50# 4/29

weight.png