Health Discovery Network
Bridgethemom

Core Daily-Wednesday, August 13

Hi, Corebies

Freakin Hot Pizza Day today at camp- but it's the LAST one for the year, so I am happy !!!

I have to go get on the treadmill-I want to get in a bit earlier and get the day started (and finished:bcb_grin) more quickly.

I am planned and packed for the day's meals- I have to get all my water in today-yesterday was difficult in that regard.

I hope everyone has a great CORE day.:bcb_march

I'll try to check in later-

Bridget

SW 230

CW 151.8:bcb_march

GW 130

Good Morning Buddies.

Yesterday ran much smoother at school. It can be quite chaotic. My students change classes, so it is challenging in the beginning to make sure everyone is where they are suppose to be. Yesterday afternoon, the child with autism, who had numerous melt downs on Monday, looked at me and said, "What is your name anyway?". I thought I would die laughing. I guess he missed that part in one of the meltdowns. He didn't have any meltdowns yesterday. :bcb_grin

Another well planned day for me. I think I will wear my pedometer and see how many steps I take in a days time. I bet it's lots.

Make it an awesome day buddies.

Sarah

196.8/173/150/140

Start(first time W/I)/Current/WWGoal/Personal Goal

April 26, 2008 Began my journey back to Goal.

5-9-08 Began Core

10-25-08-Made goal

12-4-08-Made Lifetime

11-29-09-Starting again

Morning Bridget and Buddies!

Back to work today, I'm actually looking forward to it. I really miss all my "friends" at work, I actually have to read the Obituaries when I'm off this longbcb_sad, thankfully, this time we didn't lose anyone. That is a real drawback to this job, very hard for me as I bond so easily. I have a whole bag of "goodies" to bring in. I bought some large print crosswords and find-a-words, large print playing cards, body sprays, powder, things like that. They get so excited when I bring them surprises, just like little kids, I love it :bcb_smile.

I have the crockpot all set up, with the crock in the fridge. All DD has to do is put it on the base and turn it on :bcb_up. I'm trying the Asian porkchops with chicken instead of pork. I'll make brown rice and I have some asian-style veggies. Mmmmmm, I can't wait for dinner!

Bridget~ I can't believe how well you've done at camp! Double, no triple :bcb_bravo!!

Sarah~ How's the tooth? Glad your day went well.

To all who follow~ Hope it's a great day for all! :salut

*Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

Linda~I have to have a root canal. Lots of infection there so I am taking an antibiotic until that clears up. He said that will also stop the pain, but still taking pain meds.

Sarah

196.8/173/150/140

Start(first time W/I)/Current/WWGoal/Personal Goal

April 26, 2008 Began my journey back to Goal.

5-9-08 Began Core

10-25-08-Made goal

12-4-08-Made Lifetime

11-29-09-Starting again

Good morning and happy hump day! I am up early and ready to go to work for my 7:30 meeting. Had the coffee pot set to be ready when I got up thismorning. I have become addicted to the Olympics and cant get to bed as early as I am used to...needless to say, I need a big kick to get going.

Linda...I had to chuckle, even though I work 5 days per week, I still check the obits every morning just to make sure that I didnt loose any of my residents. We have 2 in the hospital right now and I dont anticipate either of them coming back to stay with us...just have to make sure!

Sarah~~ sorry to hear about your tooth problems!

Bridget~~you have been an inspiration to me. I have started planning ahead of time for my meals. I hadnt been doing that and found that it was too easy to "just eat whatever" because it was easier and there was no accountability. I have gone back to journaling and weighing/measuring.

Hope everyone has a good day!:bcb_salut

Lori

SW 252/CW 217/ GW 150

Short term goal: below 200 lbs

Morning!

I'm working in Colorado Springs today (just over an hour's drive) so I've got to get moving. Lunch is planned and dinner is prepped.

I'm glad to hear everyone is doing well!!

Jodi

Good Morning

Weigh in last night.....gained 1.5......I know why....I so lacked in the fruits and vegetables all week long...goal for the week eat my fruits and veggies everyday this week.

DH went and got some groceries last night while I was at my meeting and was shocked at how little he got and how much it cost. He said he now has an appreciation of when I can go and get double what he did for like 25 dollars more.

Not much else going on...clean the playroom...the hurricane came through again. The sun is out so we will probably get outside after lunch and play then FIL comes tonight for steak and corn.

DD went to my sister's house last night and made a book and is reading. She had a ball and can't wait to go back to auntie's house for more. They made an 'I see' book and she put stickers on it so like a page would say 'I see 4 dogs' and the page has 4 dog stickers on it and she puts her finger under the word she is reading...it is so cute. The next book is an 'I am' book. I have to print out a bunch of pictures of DD 'doing' things like swimming, reading, playing etc. then they will make another book and she will be able to read that one too.

Bridget-YIPPEE for the last pizza day of the year...I need to get organized like you have been doing...only a few days left

WWL-ouch a root canal...once it is done it will feel so much better...that is cute how your student asked who you were....I don't think I would have been able to hold it together ...I definitely would have to chuckle a little bit

Linda-have a good day at work...I can imagine they love it when you bring in treats for them...

HF-we have been staying up late watching the Olympics too...they seem to have all the good stuff on really late...

Jodi-Have a great day

Hope everyone has a fantastic Wednesday

7_2_207.gif

Julie

Good morning everyone!

I was up insanely late last night, until about 3 this morning, reading an awesome book. It kept me up the night before too. I haven't had a book peak my interest that much in a long time. I decided to just finish it last night so I could hopefully get some sleep tonight. I have the next book in the series but definitely need some rest before starting it.

Thank goodness today I'm supposed to be home all day. I will probably get a nap in, and I have a lot around the house to do. I did not get any exercise in yesterday so I plan to do a tape at home today and maybe get to the gym later to do a little bit of cardio.

I did get two boxes of homeschool stuff for the kids yesterday. It was like Christmas! Ds and dd were looking through all their books and were so excited to see which ones were theirs. They each have a shelf started now in the kitchen so it's easier for each of them to find their things when we start. I didn't plan on starting until mid-September, but they both want to start now, so I may let them jump into one of their subjects. I just need to get organized first.

One more thing, I made polenta last night and used someone else's directions for making it and "fried" it in a pan with spray oil and my two tsp's of regular oil and ate it with dh's homemade salsa. I have to say, I had never tried it before, but I think that is now my favorite substitute for chips! It was awesome! I can easily see adding different spices in it for flare. I'm going to make some for my kids this morning for breakfast. Someone said they were good with butter and honey so that's how the kids can try it.

Bridgethemom~Yeah for the last Freakin' Hot Pizza Day!:jump_jack

WWLifer~I'm so glad school went so much smoother! How's your tooth? Nevermind, I just saw your answer. Bummer on the root canal and infection, I'm glad you were able to get it checked out though and get some meds for it.

Lfia525~New goodies are always fun! Your dinner sounds yummy too!

having fun~I love the timer on my coffee maker and had it ready to go this morning too. I hope you get more rest tonight!

Jodi2008~Have a good day!

Erlas~Those books are great ideas! Enjoy the sunshine!

~Desiree~

Highest weight 250

SW 194

CW 189.6

GW 153-ish

1st sm. goal 170

AK

What book were you reading? I love a good book...I just got done reading Magic Hour by Kristin Hannah.....really really good

It's the Sisters of the Quilt series, When the Heart Cries by Cindy Woodsmall. I can't remember where I heard about the series from, but it was an awesome book!

~Desiree~

Highest weight 250

SW 194

CW 189.6

GW 153-ish

1st sm. goal 170

Guest LostTeacher

morning all.

had my 'mindful eating experience with sigh' this morning... was totally cool!

am just about to head out for the rest of the morning. i have some paint to pick up (going to paint this wall in my apartment....i am tired of white!), then to the gym for some cardio, and then soaking some rays this afternoon.

tonite i am going to a 'hitch party'....a singles event to meet people in my age range. there are 5 of us going together. i am a little nervous about it, but it should be ok. it's so hard to meet people, especially in my profession, so even if i just meet a few new people, i'll be happy.

bridge - pizza day.....the horror! lol

wwlifer - glad that your second day went better. i have exactly 3 weeks before i start again....not really wanting to think about it! and i am sorry to hear about the root canal....i had one absess a few years ago, and totally understand the pain...i hope it gets taken care of very soon.

lfia - i haven't used the crock pot once this summer....that may not be a bad idea.

having fun - i am addicted to the olympics too. and i love setting my coffee maker to work in the morning...just something about that smell....

jodi - have a safe trip!

erlas - i have been wondering how you were doing.....and way to go to have a plan.

akchick - i am very curious about what kind of book you were reading....i love books, and am interested.

LT

LostTeacher~It's a fiction book about an Amish girl and her Mennonite boyfriend and I just kept wanting to read more to find out what was going to happen to the main character. I thought the author did a really good job of introducing new situations to keep me interested in what was happening next, but not in a mysterious way. Some things I could start figuring out, others completely took me by surprise. I like it when books can keep me curious and help me to feel what the character would be feeling, ya know?

~Desiree~

Highest weight 250

SW 194

CW 189.6

GW 153-ish

1st sm. goal 170

Hi Everyone,

I am now feeling less tired since the DGDS left on Sat. Yesterday DH and I went under the house and took out a lot of stuff to get rid of. We have been in this house for 22 years and there were things I had forgotten I even had. We filled the trunk, back seat and passenger seat of our Camary of things to get rid of. It feels so good to be getting rid of stuff!!!!!

I hated to spend the money but did not like having to carry my Waring blender to our trailer everytime we went somewhere so I ordered another one. DH picked up some wireless headphones for the TV for me so now we do not have to keep remembering to take them with us.

It has been a year since my FIL died and his property has not sold. DH and I would just like to have it over with. We thought we had a buyer for the back 2 lots but then found out that it costs $27,000 to bring in water and sewer from another street. Yikes! It is so depressing. bcb_sad :bcb_cry:

Hope to defrost the garage freezer today, do some washings and some house cleaning.

Bridget: You are such an inspiration

Sarah: I hope your tooth gets better soon.

Linda: I like to read the obituaries. When I worked as a aide in nursing home I read for the same reasons you do.

Lori: I have been staying up later than I usually do to watch the Olympics.

Jodi: Our DD, DSIL and DGDS live in Colorado Springs.

Erlas: those books your sister is making with your DD sound cute. That is a neat idea.

Desiree: I love polenta. I have not tried the chips yet but it is on my list of to do things. I love books about the Amish so I will to check and see if the series is in our library.

LT: have fun at your party.

Judy S.

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott

SW: 253.4/CW: 160/WWGW: 148/PGW: ?

The President's Exercise Challenge:

Going for the Bronze-achieved 7/4/2009

20,000 pts.-100%

Going for the Silver-21220 of 45,000 pts.-47%

Just wanted to check in and say I've been back on core for two weeks. I weighed in this morning and have lost 5 lbs. in two weeks.

wwnUztp

LOVE & BLESSINGS

GAIL

Be faithful, be strong, be diligent.....

it's only good news if told in time.

Gonna try to make it quick and skip personals. We bagged our college visiting trip to NY and Boston. DS is no longer interested in BU due to its size and he is pretty sold on Warren Wilson (one of the schools we visited in NC)...I am torn, because I'd like him to look and I was looking forward to the trip to a beautiful area of NY (near Ithaca)...but I am also EXHAUSTED. Found out today that my driving with no headlights in the dark ticket will "only" be $91. I am RELIEVED!!! I'll be back at work next Wed for "good" (as in, til next June:bcb_yuck:)...so a few days at home is a good thing I guess. I am hoping to do a 62 mile ("metric century") organized bike ride on Sunday...Monday we're meeting up with family at an amusement park (an annual ritual)...I MIGHT go to my parents' house on Saturday...mostly I am trying to relax a bit...but I would also like to do some painting this afternoon....

Make it a great one buds!:salut

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Linda: I like to read the obituaries. When I worked as a aide in nursing home I read for the same reasons you do.

LOL Judy! How could you "like" to read them?!? My grandmother used to call the obits the "Old ladies sports page", she also like to read them and used to say "I just want to make sure my name is not there! :bcb_grin I really miss her, she was the best!! :bcb_smile

*Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

Hi everyone~ I have been down the shore since Saturday. Just got back today. It was an unexpected getaway but of course now I am behind around here. Tons of mail to go thru! And I have to get DD moving to get ready for college. She leaves next Friday:bcb_cry: I am going to miss her tons! She is such a procrastinator she is making me nuts. She hasn't finished packing nor most other things she needs to finish. At least a college I won't have to watch her procrastinate!

Lynn, funny story on the headlights. But thank heavens no accident. Next summer we do the college search with DS. It is so hard!

HI to everyone else. No time for personals, I have too much to catch up on. but missed you all.!

Sue

163 SW/164 CW/145 GW

LOL Judy! How could you "like" to read them?!? My grandmother used to call the obits the "Old ladies sports page", she also like to read them and used to say "I just want to make sure my name is not there! :bcb_grin I really miss her, she was the best!! :bcb_smile

My family thinks I am weird. LOL. I like to visit cemeteries especially old ones. Again my family thinks I am weird. LOL. As far as obituaries I like to read what they died of. I know it sounds morbid. Maybe it has something to do with my interest in family history.

Judy S.

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott

SW: 253.4/CW: 160/WWGW: 148/PGW: ?

The President's Exercise Challenge:

Going for the Bronze-achieved 7/4/2009

20,000 pts.-100%

Going for the Silver-21220 of 45,000 pts.-47%

Guest sodacracker

Funny that this talk of cemeteries should come up.

Yesterday on my lunch walk I went up a different street and found that it ended in a lovely cemetery with rows of trees and some nice wide paths. I appreciated being able to walk without car traffic. I was a little creeped out when I got to the end of one road and saw a large pile of dirt beside an excavation and someone sitting in a mini van parked a few feet away.

Now it oculd have been a cemetary worker, or someone just sitting and having lunch in a quiet spot or ....dum da da dum... insert scary music...

in any case I let the creepiness factor win and turned around and left as quick as I could. :bcb_grin

Hi everyone, my day went well. School starts tomorrow. I am nervous. I have decided to go over syllabus on Fri. I will discuss my rules and procedures with them. My rules are Be responsible, Be respectful, Be Resourceful. I will have the kids tell me what each means and how it would look in school and the classroom.

I did practice a ww tool today in regards with school starting tomorrow. I did some mental rehearsal. I visualized tomorrow and what I was going to do. I also visualized myself confident and in control. I practiced what I would say for the rules and procedures.

I am really nervous but also excited to be teaching math. I just have to fight the negative thoughts and doubts of my ability for classroom management.

I pray I get a good night sleep.

I hope you all had a good day.

Laura (·Î¶ó )

weight.png

Laura's Weight loss Journey

Korea Pictures

Lifetime Since Feburary 15th 2005