Health Discovery Network
Guest raidermom

Smothered Chicken w/Pierogies

MT, I had forgotten about this one too until I "found" it in my MasterCook! Lol!! I made it tonight for my family for the first time (last time it was for my lunches), and they just LOVED it! I used the potato/cheddar pierogies, substituted green beans for the peas and 1/2 fat mushroom soup for the chicken and it was terrific!! I made a double recipe and there is only 1 corner left for 4 people (*I* ate 1/8th of the recipe)!

Big big hit!

Jeannette

"I have searched for the phrase "I shall walk the Earth and my hunger will know no bounds", but I keep getting redirected to Weight Watchers." Ianto Jones, Torchwood

Thank you sooo much for bumping this recipe up. I happened to have all the ingredients on hand for this recipe and I made it tonight. All I can say is YUMMMM. Very tasty and very filling. :bcb_up

ohh- I love pierogies

212/182/155/161/

HW/SW/Goal/CW/

Lifetime Reached 4/24/07

Been up and down since 2007- focusing back on the DOWN as my new personal goal is 155.... Rejoined Dec 6, 2010

I just happened to have all the ingredients on hand and made this last night! I thought it was very easy and pretty good. I'd probably give it 3.5/5 stars. Something was missing, not sure what.

I did make some changes though. I used mini perogies because that's what I had. The whole box was only 10 points. I used half a pound of ground chicken (because that's what I had), added some frozen chopped broccoli instead of the peas and mushrooms and followed directions.

I think it should have cooked longer, which could have been my fault. I also think something needed to be added, perhaps a sprinkling of cheese?

Regardless, something I will probably make again, and for only 6 points, was good!

- Jacque

"Hang Tough. That means doing your best every day."

- Major Dick Winters, Band of Brothers

SW: 162

CW: 149

GW: 135

Guest Tiggermom

I made this last night and my DH LOVED it. He had leftovers tonight with spinish and a salad. Our store only had the potato and cheese. I thought it was just ok. I will make it for him again and I wil make something else for me that I love...like dish deep pizza. Thanks for posting it. :bcb_up

I just made this with Cream of Mushroom soup b/c thats what I had in the house, I had to splash some stock to thin it out, but WOOOOOOOOOOOW IT WAS GOOD! I love this recipe and will make this often!!!!

Guest katienoell

I made this last night for supper and it was soooo good! I omitted the peas and doubled the mushrooms. I added the water to the soup to thin it out a little bit. I used leftover grilled chicken breasts from our Memorial Day picnic.

I ran it through the WW online recipe builder and it came out to 6 points per serving this way. I may try it with cream of mushroom next time, although it was perfect this way for me. I think I'm also gonna double the recipe next time so we have some leftovers for lunch and whatnot.

Thanks for the recipe! :bcb_up

Guest Chief

bumping so I can find this easier later

i put this through the recipie builder. it is 9 points plus a serving. i have everything but the pierogies. bumping up. i will be making htis for dinner next week.

GOD BLESS,

LISA M