Health Discovery Network
hootowl

Anyone tried the new Reynolds Handi-Vac Vacuum Sealer?

I have a coupon for the new Reynolds Handi-Vac Vacuum Sealer. Does anyone have one of these and what do you think about it?

Janice

Ya-Ya Name: Duchess Five and Dime

SW243/CW219/GW137

There are only 2 choices: make progress or make excuses.

Some succeed because they are destined; others succeed because they are DETERMINED.

I love it!!!!! ITS SO MUCH EASIER THAN HAULING OUT THE BIG FOOD SEALER THING. I USE IT FOR MEATS, CASSEROLES AND EVEN SOUPS.

SW.....220 :mad:

CW.....154 :exercise:

GW.....155 :exercise2

PGW...150 :jump_jack

life is short---live it to the fullest! :)

I love mine. It's neater and easier than the sealing machines. It takes up less room too. I love being able to open a bag then reseal; no more having to guess just how many portions to put in each bag.

I have found that occassionally a bag doesn't hold the vacuum seal but it hasn't caused any problems. I just switch out the bags.

Smoke free since 11/15/07

I haven't gotten one YET. But my friend LOVES hers, she also said she uses the bags over again not just once.

I was going to buy 2, 1 for myself and 1 for my daughter for CHristmas but I didn't get around to it.

I think they are VERY cheap only like $10.00 or so but I am not sure how expensive the bags are.

EmmaJean

GETTING FAMILY SUPPORT:jump_jack

I did get one and I love it. I got the battery operated one by Reynolds for about $10. The bags are easy to find in the ziplock bag section and they are about the same price as the regular ziplock bags.

I mainly use it to freeze already cooked chicken or cooked low-fat hamburger meat, or to freeze chopped raw onions or green peppers to use later in cooking. I also use it to store cut-up raw veggies in the fridge. It is small and easy to store in a drawer or cabinet. :bcb_up

Janice

Ya-Ya Name: Duchess Five and Dime

SW243/CW219/GW137

There are only 2 choices: make progress or make excuses.

Some succeed because they are destined; others succeed because they are DETERMINED.