Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
parklady

APPLE BRAISED CHICKEN

Saw this on the WW site, made it last night and my family really liked it.

Apple Braised Chicken

2 tsp vegetable oil

1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast(s), four 4 oz pieces

2 tbsp all-purpose flour

1 large onion(s), sliced

2 medium apple(s), firm, cored and sliced

1 cup(s) apple cider

1 cup(s) fat-free chicken broth

1/2 tsp table salt

1/2 tsp ground ginger

2 tsp cornstarch

In a large, heavy-bottomed skillet, warm oil over high heat. Toss chicken with flour, patting off excess. Place in pan and brown well on both sides.

Remove chicken from pan, reduce heat to low and add onion. Sauté, stirring often, until onion is tender and lightly browned.

Stir in apples, cider, chicken broth, salt, ginger and chicken. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 30 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer chicken, onions and apples to a serving dish.

In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and 2 to 3 tablespoons of pan juices. Combine cornstarch mixture with remaining pan juices, whisking constantly. Simmer for one minute. Pour sauce over chicken and serve.

Serves | 4

POINTS per serving | 5

wave.gif

Your CA buddySharon/Parklady Life time: 7-24- 01 Lost 42.2 #**********************************"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." **********************************

Guest tbosten

Hey, Sharon, my DH made this last night, and it was great! He added some curry powder and just a pinch of cayenne (you know chefs, gotta put there own touch in! ;) ) Just a touch of heat, and the curry REALLY complemented the apples and onions! Yum Yum!

Guest tbosten

Forgot to say he put the curry in instead of the ginger!

This sounds fabulous!!! Can't wait to try this!

Lori

start 208

current 193

goal ww 158

goal personal 148

highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

Yummy! I love ginger!! I'm going to try this one out this week!!

Barb wave.gif

Picturetrail

Member login: Barb2003

"The battle's inside of me, the fights begun but not yet won and I won't become, one more casualty"

Marty Casey

"In your eyes I am complete"

Peter Gabriel

Guest jefrado22

Going to try it substituting froz apple juice for the cider (system can't tolerate cider sobbing.gif ) - sounds very yummy, esp with the "sauce" as SH is a "gravy" kind of guy....

What did you serve it with??? Rice? Noodles??