Health Discovery Network
Mary_C

CORE Granola with no Artificial Sweetner?

:salut

Hi All, I remember some of you mentioning (was it you Carol or Lynn?)that you no longer add Davinci Syrup to your CORE granola. can you tell me what you use in its pace for sweetener and moisture?

Thanks!!

Still going strong. CORE ROCKS!

Starting Weight: 190

WWW Goal: 150

New starting weight(2-21-08): 186.4

Starting agian: (6-15-09): 154

weight.png

Well, sorry, it wasn't me! I don't know how you'd make it sweet without some sort of sweetener! I think you'd have to add something NOT core if you are avoiding artificial sweetners and then count points. I guess it depends on the definition of "artificial"...I know there are things I've never tried, like stevia, which may not be considered "artificial"....

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Have you tried using fructose? I don't tolerate aspartame at all and splenda's not that much better. I haven't made core granola with fructose yet but I've got it in the cupboard to use next time I make it. I have made it with either honey or maple syrup and had the points to 1 per serving (6tbsp for entire recipe). I don't care if my granola is sweet as I normally eat it with fruit so I could leave any sweetener out and it would still be fine!

Kimberley

I've used fructose. Of course I started core when fructose WAS core. That is certainly an option, but fuctose does not seem to be core anymore. I am wondering if you could use some pureed banana and/or applesauce??? Something somebuddy MIGHT want to try!

Lynn

Lynn- I never understood how fructose could be Core! So, it is officially not Core? I just bought some to use instead of spending the points on honey/brown sugar!!

Kimberley

Lynn- I never understood how fructose could be Core! So, it is officially not Core? I just bought some to use instead of spending the points on honey/brown sugar!!

Kimberley- On BCB, if you're following WW's CORE CLASSIC (the original program), in the CFC under Sugar Substitute: Estee, Fructose, natural sweetener, 1 packet and 1 teaspoon at both marked "CORE". :salut

When somebody asked about no artificial sweetener, I thought I read that somebuddy mixes their fructose with water to make a "simple syrup"...? :bcb_confu But it wasn't me! :bcb_happy

In my baked oatmeal I use 2 packets of Splenda (no fillers:bcb_yuck: ) and 1/8th C. fructose...I think I could use even less!:salut

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Well it always was kind of a mystery, along with "regular" couscous, in the original core plan! (or at least in the core plan when I started it in June 2005)

And it has been said here, that you are free to follow whatever ww program you want...whether it is winning points, original core, whatever.

But as always you should use your weight loss/results as your guide. There are good reasons they update/modify/change the plan!

I should also say that I can't say for sure that fructose is NOT core. I don't believe ww has ever delcared that. We can only go by the materials and there are a lot of errors and conflicts. So I hesitate to say it is officially NOT core. I don't really feel like I know that for certain.

Lynn

Well it always was kind of a mystery, along with "regular" couscous, in the original core plan! (or at least in the core plan when I started it in June 2005)

And it has been said here, that you are free to follow whatever ww program you want...whether it is winning points, original core, whatever.

But as always you should use your weight loss/results as your guide. There are good reasons they update/modify/change the plan!

I should also say that I can't say for sure that fructose is NOT core. I don't believe ww has ever delcared that. We can only go by the materials and there are a lot of errors and conflicts. So I hesitate to say it is officially NOT core. I don't really feel like I know that for certain.

Thanks for clarifying, Lynn. :bcb_smile:salut I LOVE people who can say, "I don't know." :salut

These are the questions to throw out on the WW Core Plan Board...If you want to see something that resembles a cage-fight...only with more people! :bcb_huh::bcb_wink3:bcb_happy

Hi all,

I ended up using 1/4 real maple syrup and 3/4 water. then I added 1 T of cinnamon and 1/2 t each of cloves and nutmeg. The results were a bit less sweet than the 1 cup of DV syrup,but i like it. I think it is CORE plus 1 point for 1/6th of the recipe...but someone can check if they want to. I couldn't remember how many tablespoons were in a 1/4 cup! :bcb_huh:

Starting Weight: 190

WWW Goal: 150

New starting weight(2-21-08): 186.4

Starting agian: (6-15-09): 154

weight.png

4 TBS. in a 1/4 Cup.

Just remember there's a "4" in each. :salut:bcb_smile

That's how I do it. :salut

(It doesn't seem like enough, though, does it?...:bcb_up)

Mary, thank you so much for taking the time to try the maple syrup and reporting back here. I wouldn't have taken the time to experiment and now that it has the properties of "less sweet & no artificial sweeteners", I've got something to work with. Maybe less maple syrup, more H20 & some stevia drops? Anyway, at some point I will try to make some changes, but this is a most excellent start.

Thanks again! :salut

Elle

Thanks for clarifying, Lynn. :bcb_smile:salut I LOVE people who can say, "I don't know." :salut

So do I!!

These are the questions to throw out on the WW Core Plan Board...If you want to see something that resembles a cage-fight...only with more people! :bcb_huh::bcb_wink3:bcb_happy

Yeah, though in this particular case I think they'd shut it right down and say it is NOT core! (and anyone thinkin' otherwise would be afraid to say so)

And people definitely need to know that the folks at the official site don't know any more than any of us...and not too many of them are likely to say "I don't know". So take what you read there with a grain of salt...or with an "I don't know" in your own head!

Lynn

All I do to make core granola is to mix old fashion oatmeal with SF DaVinci Syrup. Spread it onto a cookie sheet and bake at the lowest tempt. until crisp. I really love it.

wwnUztp

LOVE & BLESSINGS

GAIL

Be faithful, be strong, be diligent.....

it's only good news if told in time.

Yeah, though in this particular case I think they'd shut it right down and say it is NOT core! (and anyone thinkin' otherwise would be afraid to say so)

And people definitely need to know that the folks at the official site don't know any more than any of us...and not too many of them are likely to say "I don't know". So take what you read there with a grain of salt...or with an "I don't know" in your own head!

I have to agree, Lynn.

Rarely does anyone say "I don't know" over there. :salut:bcb_smile

In fact, it's fun to go over and see what the "accepted opinion of the week" is over there...!:bcb_up

Sometimes I agree with it, sometimes I learn from it, and sometimes I disagree. :salut