Health Discovery Network
Ninka26

What motivates you when it's hard to just -do-it???

A beaver- dam is about 3 miles away from my house and only 3 times this year I've actually seen some of them! They are very shy.

When I feel less motivated to exc. I think "Maybe they will be out tonight...." and then I have to go and find out!

Whatever works I guess.

What motivates you?

Ninka

Back to loosing a few lbs over goal...

Finding the perfect balance...one meal at the time...

I can do it!

My new clothes are too big for me now. That motivates me. If I feel this good right now how much better can I feel at goal?

Peg

The Payoff:

Living v. Existing

Feeling Good......everyday.

Still having energy @ 9 p.m.

No more headaches. (From sugar overload.)

Self-respect.

Self-confidence.

Clear Thinking.

Better moods.

Positive Outlook.

Etc, Etc.

Jacque

"Be passionate enough to succeed......"

David Cottrell

:bcb_march:bcb_march

152/150/142

I really like this - SO TRUE!! :bcb_up

The Payoff:

Living v. Existing

Feeling Good......everyday.

Still having energy @ 9 p.m.

No more headaches. (From sugar overload.)

Self-respect.

Self-confidence.

Clear Thinking.

Better moods.

Positive Outlook.

Etc, Etc.

Kelli from MN

"change happens one day at a time"

Hey, I miss some of our old Buddies!..............:bcb_smile

My new clothes are too big for me now. That motivates me. If I feel this good right now how much better can I feel at goal?

Peg

Peg can answer her own question now! :bcb_grin

What motivates me?

The Labor Day challenge: How do you want to feel on Labor Day?

I should go see what I wrote....:bcb_up

I'm marking the days off my calendar. :salut:bcb_happy

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Funny. Now at goal when I need to be motivated I feel for a bone. I have hip bones that I can feel even when I sit down now. I tap on a bone and KNOW that bone was hidden under 133 lbs of fat just a short time ago. That keeps me going. That and about 1000 other things that are different about me now.

Peg

I think it's having a NO CHOICE attitude. Not feeling as though I need to find things that motivate me. Realizing I don't have to feel like doing it to do it. Not arguing with myself about whether or not I'm going to do it and/or stay on plan....just not "going there"....it's just what I do. No choice. Much less stress that way for me!!!!:salut

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Lynn that is my feeling exactly and I THINK it is the way I am going to make it. No Choice. I do not do those things any longer. I do not eat those things any longer. It is the way it is. It feels pretty good to be positive about how I want/choose to live my life. I kind of like that. Especially when someone is pressing a food on me. I just say "Oh I DON'T eat that any longer." Period no discussion.

Peg

For me its the small things i find..like my face looking slimmer when i put my makeup on...its kinda like i will stare and wonder..is it me or is this a real change...the looser pants..i will think for a minute..wow i must have dried these on a lower temp..then i will think..wow i AM losing inches!

Guess when you are use to gaining all the time and it goes the other way its just hard to believe..but THAT motivates me to to see more and more changes.

Just last night My DH told me he sees how much more energy i have..he says he getting the girl he use to have back! Thats saying a lot from the bouts of depression i was going through. I told myself i was going to workout and eat healthy before i went back on my medication.So far its worked. The dr. even told me there is no pill thats works quite as good as regular exercise to help depression.

Nice!

Rhonda

sw 222.2 cw 217.2 mg 165 gw 140

weight.png

exercise.png

Nina, I LOVE your way to motivate yourself! I'm actually working right now on ways to motivate myself to exercise more -- that's a huge goal for me. One thing I've been doing lately is using my great nephew for motivation. When I keep him during the day, I don't want him to be bored out of his skull, so it makes me want to get up and do something. It also helps me to be around his youthful energy, too, and that right there is motivation!

I'm also going through different kinds of exercise to see what I like the best. I just can't be faced with drudgery when thinking about exercise. I live alone and don't have a lot of social contact so I'm trying to do things that get me out among other people.

Now that I've lost weight, I can actually DO some of the things I've been wanting to do, so I know it I keep at it, I'll be able to do MORE!

---Katie, CEO of Me, Inc & living my new-normal

highest:375(fall '98),5'4"//11-19-08 WW restart:277//current:247//2nd 10%:225//NEXT MINI GOAL:239//goal:150

*He leadeth me.

For me its the small things i find..like my face looking slimmer when i put my makeup on...its kinda like i will stare and wonder..is it me or is this a real change...the looser pants..i will think for a minute..wow i must have dried these on a lower temp..then i will think..wow i AM losing inches!

Guess when you are use to gaining all the time and it goes the other way its just hard to believe..but THAT motivates me to to see more and more changes.

Just last night My DH told me he sees how much more energy i have..he says he getting the girl he use to have back! Thats saying a lot from the bouts of depression i was going through. I told myself i was going to workout and eat healthy before i went back on my medication.So far its worked. The dr. even told me there is no pill thats works quite as good as regular exercise to help depression.

Nice!

That's priceless, Rhonda. For you AND your DH. :buddysmoo

I love it when my rings start spinning on my fingers! :bcb_happy

One thing I've been doing lately is using my great nephew for motivation. When I keep him during the day, I don't want him to be bored out of his skull, so it makes me want to get up and do something. It also helps me to be around his youthful energy, too, and that right there is motivation!

That works well with dogs, too! They NEED walking! Caesar says. Our dog is so much better behaved when we've worn-her-out each day with her Big Walk...! :bcb_march:bcb_march:bcb_march

Carol, you're right about that!! I need to walk my dogs, and I'm trying to work up to that. To walk any distance at all, I need some kind of support like my walking sticks so I don't know how to do that with a dog on a leash! But I'm hoping that soon I'll be able to do short walks without any aids. It won't be long now--I'm getting there!!:bcb_up

---Katie, CEO of Me, Inc & living my new-normal

highest:375(fall '98),5'4"//11-19-08 WW restart:277//current:247//2nd 10%:225//NEXT MINI GOAL:239//goal:150

*He leadeth me.

Carol, you're right about that!! I need to walk my dogs, and I'm trying to work up to that. To walk any distance at all, I need some kind of support like my walking sticks so I don't know how to do that with a dog on a leash! But I'm hoping that soon I'll be able to do short walks without any aids. It won't be long now--I'm getting there!!:bcb_up

I don't know your situation AT ALL, Katie, so don't be offended...But what about a walker, with the dog's leash attached to that?

I would think (guessing:bcb_up) that it would be good to do both:

1. short walks without any aids, and

2. longer walks with aids

True? False?

((((((((((((((((your dogs would love you for it! :kiss: ))))))))))))))))))))

(((((((((((((((P.S. they'll love you anyway :bcb_bigsm ))))))))))))))))))