Health Discovery Network
WWCarol

I surrender!

I went back to WWs meeting this morning. :salut

As many of you know, I maintained this last go-round for 3+ years. Then, around May I had a regain of about 10 pounds. :bcb_huh:

I could tell you why. Or you could just insert any number of life-stressers that have/or will affect us all.

I kept thinking I could do it with : 1)what I already know, and 2) my wonderful BCB buddykins. :salut

Apparently not.

Apparently I needed to do more. :salut

So I went early and explained my situation to the 2 receptionists.

Immediately I felt better. :bcb_happy

Then I took the $13 out of my wallet.

Now THAT HURT. :salut

Oh well!................:bcb_bigsm

The meeting was taught by a sub. I wasn't really interested or thrilled by the topic. But I felt like I was EX-ACTLY where I needed to be. :bcb_smile

Tune in next week, Folks!

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Congrats, Carol on DOING WHAT NEEDED TO BE DONE ! Huge step, and I am proud of and happy for you. We ALL need to find what works-apparently you have and that is great !!! Keep passing on the wisdom. PLEASE !!!!!:bcb_bravo:bcb_bravo:bcb_bravo

Bridget

SW 230

CW 151.8:bcb_march

GW 130

Good for you Carol! I went back to my meetings in April. As a returning Lifer I just need to weigh in once a month and no rejoining fees so it was much easier than having to commit to a registration fee and weekly paid meetings!! And now I've weighed in twice for *free* and plan to do the same next week for a third month in a row!! :bcb_bigsm

Kimberley

Congratulations, Carol! It's one thing to know what needs to be done, but really DOING it is something else entirely. Thank you for being an example to us all! :bcb_up

Tammy

SW: 198.6

CW: 175.2

GW: 130

This is my journey, and I won't let a little pebble in my pathway become a boulder. I'll just kick it out of the way and keep moving forward! :bcb_march

Thanks, Buddies! :kiss:

I knew in my heart that I needed to do it quite awhile ago...:bcb_worry

But my head said, "Come on...You can do this without the meetings"...

So for 4 months, I listened to my head. :bcb_huh:

((((staying here at BCB kept it under 10, thank goodness)))):salut

That's a great way to look at it, Jen~ "An investment in yourself"~

Congrats, Kimberley!

I'm not going any-where, Bridgethemom.

Tammy: So true, sooo true.

Carol, I have been thinking the same thing but now I have the glitch of my ankle. I am NOT getting weighed with this boot on. But I do need the accountability of someone seeing the #. Maybe I will make myself weigh in front of DH!

Good for you!

Sue

163 SW/164 CW/145 GW

You're very smart to do this, in my opinion! I'm betting that going to meetings will be just the "booster shot" that you need! :bcb_bravo

Rose

HW:175

WW Goal: 136

Below WW Goal since Dec. 2006

Personal Goal: 118-123

CW: 120.0 (11/18/08)

BMI: 21.8

"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice." Wayne Dyer

Good for you buddy:salut!!!

And was it the silly dancing meeting topic!!!???? :bcb_huh:

Really, I think every leader I know was a little concerned about the meeting topic this week!!!! BUT, you know better than to let the leader or meeting topic get in YOUR way!!!:bcb_bravo:bcb_bravo:bcb_bravo

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Guest LostTeacher

my meetings are my saving grace. i know when i need a boost, i make sure i work in a meeting. i think it's also my leader....just talking to her makes me feel better about things, and gives me the boost i need.

i admire you for going back, because of all people, you are one that i think has it most together. so to know that sometimes you need the support, makes me feel pretty confident that even though i am fighting this stupid 5 pounds, once i break this plateau, i will get to my goal.

LT

Carol,

Good job knowing when you need more support/accountability. I've been back at meetings for a while now and still haven't gotten where I want to be but I've switched back to flex for now to see if that will get things moving. I so want to be back at goal where I feel good. You will do this I'm sure of it. One pound at a time right!!! :bcb_up

Kathy

Over goal and not happy

Carol, I have been thinking the same thing but now I have the glitch of my ankle. I am NOT getting weighed with this boot on. But I do need the accountability of someone seeing the #. Maybe I will make myself weigh in front of DH!

Good for you!

Do you know how much your boot weighs, Sue?! :bcb_up

You're very smart to do this, in my opinion! I'm betting that going to meetings will be just the "booster shot" that you need!

Thanks, CR! Fingers crossed. :bcb_smile

Good for you buddy!!!

And was it the silly dancing meeting topic!!!???? Really, I think every leader I know was a little concerned about the meeting topic this week!!!! BUT, you know better than to let the leader or meeting topic get in YOUR way

I seriously couldn't believe that topic. :bcb_huh: Seemed like scraping-the-bottom-of-the-barrel...LOL!

I did get to mention about walking with a partner and being sure you're in-the-zone if you do. :salut Perceived exertion. Being able to talk, but not sing. :bcb_up

my meetings are my saving grace. i know when i need a boost, i make sure i work in a meeting. i think it's also my leader....just talking to her makes me feel better about things, and gives me the boost i need.

i admire you for going back, because of all people, you are one that i think has it most together. so to know that sometimes you need the support, makes me feel pretty confident that even though i am fighting this stupid 5 pounds, once i break this plateau, i will get to my goal.

LT

Oh HECK YEAH I need the support! :salut

Like CW says, "Sometimes you need the meeting; sometimes the meeting needs you." :buddysmoo

Carol,

Good job knowing when you need more support/accountability. I've been back at meetings for a while now and still haven't gotten where I want to be but I've switched back to flex for now to see if that will get things moving. I so want to be back at goal where I feel good. You will do this I'm sure of it. One pound at a time right!!!

Me, too, Kathy.

Won't it be wonderful?...:bcb_bigsm

Carol good for you for taking the bull by the horn and getting in control of things. I too feel that I might need to reconsider meetings. I started out doing WW@work and did a couple of sessions at work but then the participation dropped and we didn't have enough interest to continue. So we started our own weight loss group at work which lasted a year but then the participation of that dropped as well. So I have been going it alone for about 6 months and its not working out as well. I will continue on my own throughout the remainder of year but if things don't change come Jan. 1st, I will consider joining and attending meetings.

RW2L

weight.png

TBLbannerBlackc.gif

The meetings are my saving grace too. Good for you Carol realizing the need to go back.

Sarah

196.8/173/150/140

Start(first time W/I)/Current/WWGoal/Personal Goal

April 26, 2008 Began my journey back to Goal.

5-9-08 Began Core

10-25-08-Made goal

12-4-08-Made Lifetime

11-29-09-Starting again

Guest Losingitin06

Good for you for doing what needed to be done, that is fantastic!

Thanks, Buddies...:buddysmoo

I woke up this morning just feeling G-O-O-D...:bcb_bigsm:salut

I'm in my exercise clothes, and I have a new perspective: I know I'm going to my WW meeting next Tuesday! :bcb_grin

Good for you Carol. Not sitting on your experience but going back to basics. I went to my third meeting second WI yesterday and yes that dancing topic was boring, even the leader hated it. But to be together and to share stories and tips and to be accountable is great stuff.

I did this for 8 months by myself with BCB and WW on line and now I add meetings in my armory to help me take and keep this off. Good luck Carol and all of us.

Peg

Carol, I'd hardly call it surrender, you have armed yourself for the fight!! :bcbkickbu Good for you! Victory is in sight!! :salut

*Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

Good for you Carol. Not sitting on your experience but going back to basics. I went to my third meeting second WI yesterday and yes that dancing topic was boring, even the leader hated it. But to be together and to share stories and tips and to be accountable is great stuff.

I did this for 8 months by myself with BCB and WW on line and now I add meetings in my armory to help me take and keep this off. Good luck Carol and all of us.

Peg

LOL! I've been sitting on my experience :bcb_up for too long!

When I'm sitting in the meeting, I just think "I'm here for a reason"...I just don't always know what it is~

It makes me feel better knowing we were all listening and participating in that meeting...:bcb_bravo

Carol, I'd hardly call it surrender, you have armed yourself for the fight!! :bcbkickbu Good for you! Victory is in sight!! :salut

Great way to reframe it, Linda! :bcb_bravo

Whatever, I sure was RESISTANT. :bcb_huh:

Carol,

You are there for a reason! You are there for all those other people, to show them what is possible by your wonderful success and experience. Also, the beginners can see that it is a lifetime commitment, not a quick fix.

Life happens and you are such a good example to everyone at your meeting!

Laveta

SW: 225.6

CW: 175.8

HW: 245 (non-pregnancy weight)

Rejoined 5/15/2010 to get to LIFETIME!

Carol,

You are there for a reason! You are there for all those other people, to show them what is possible by your wonderful success and experience. Also, the beginners can see that it is a lifetime commitment, not a quick fix. Life happens and you are such a good example to everyone at your meeting!

Laveta

That is so true, Laveta (the lifetime commitment). :bcb_smile

And I don't mind the lifetime part! :bcb_bigsm

It's really a cool focus to have, isn't it?...:salut:bcb_smile

Carol,

I am encouraged by this testimony of yours......this is kind of how I see my future. Get to Lifetime.....weigh in once per month......in all reality I will at some point gain weight.....AND then I will return.....(hopefully before I have gone terribly far down the wrong road) THEN....pay the penalty for doing so until I get back on track. Isn't it great not to have to pay the sign up fee! By the time a person reaches Lifetime we certainly have paid enough in to deserve to get SOMETHING for free!!!

I will have to set my lifetime goal soon and I am so glad I read your posts about setting it as high as possible!!! Makes COMPLETE sense!!!

And here we all were thinking WWCarol was PERFECT!!!:bcb_grin:bcb_grin:bcb_grin

Jacque

"Be passionate enough to succeed......"

David Cottrell

:bcb_march:bcb_march

152/150/142

Carol,

I am encouraged by this testimony of yours......this is kind of how I see my future. Get to Lifetime.....weigh in once per month......in all reality I will at some point gain weight.....AND then I will return.....(hopefully before I have gone terribly far down the wrong road) THEN....pay the penalty for doing so until I get back on track. Isn't it great not to have to pay the sign up fee! By the time a person reaches Lifetime we certainly have paid enough in to deserve to get SOMETHING for free!!!

I will have to set my lifetime goal soon and I am so glad I read your posts about setting it as high as possible!!! Makes COMPLETE sense!!!

And here we all were thinking WWCarol was PERFECT!!!:bcb_grin:bcb_grin:bcb_grin

LOL, Dixie! :bcb_grin:bcb_wink3

I could've told you different! :bcb_salut

I think the key to STAYING at goal is to attend a meeting AT LEAST every month. I have had a LOT of people reach goal in my Monday night meeting which has only been in existance for two years, LOTS of them are there more frequently than the necessary once a month. At my Saturday morning meeting I now have THREE lifetime members at goal that are attending WEEKLY meetings. It is such a great statement for those still losing...Those lifetime members at goal are STILL on the journey, and in many ways it is the exact same journey...just a slightly different part of the trip! And they are VERY aware of the need to KEEP COMING TO MEETINGS! I always say that no one gains their weight back while attending weekly meetings!!

And for me, "attending" weekly meetings...you know, where I have to stand in front of everybody and talk, is a REALLY great way to stay at goal!!

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Lynn:

Thanks.......you are exactly right....I LOVE this perspective! I hear the leader coming out in you.... I throughly enjoy your presence on this board it is like having our own personal WW leader to coach us!!!!:salut

Jacque

"Be passionate enough to succeed......"

David Cottrell

:bcb_march:bcb_march

152/150/142