Health Discovery Network
Guest FirstCavWife

Mmmmm! GLOP!!!!

Well tonight I made a 1/2 recipe (and it's A LOT!! :eek: ) using: salsa, Morningstar Grillers, cottage cheese and cooked SPELT (a whole grain)!

LOVE it. The spelt adds a "chewy" factor that I like. smile.gif (And 1/2 the points of rice~)

I warmed it in the microwave and put 1/2 C. in two toasted whole wheat pita halves. It was sooooo good! Tasted like something you could go to a WHOLE LOT OF TROUBLE FOR!! ;) :D tongue.gif (which I didn't...!)

Carol

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

I must say that this stuff is great exactly the way it is in the original recipe. But I changed it at bit this time. I used 1 Cup hydrated TVP, 2 Cups LF Cottage Cheese, 2 Cups Salsa and 3 cups of Cooked Bulgur. Makes it 2.5 pts per cup. (I usually don't do 1/2 pts, but I ate 2 cups throughout the day for 5 pts)

By adding the extra bulgur it is not quite so liquid, so doesnt make a great dip. But it is yummy on toast and DH had it for lunch in a whole wheat tortilla.

I want to use this as a filling for cabbage rolls and with it being a little dryer it just might work. I'll let you know.

Cat Yack, that is toooooo funny!!!! MIL said it looked like vomit in the fridge!!!!!

Tam

TBONE<br />*** *** *** ***<br />Do what you say, say what you mean.<br /> The Fix<br />Ya Ya Name<br />Viscountess Quick Rabbit <br /> <br />GW Size 8 Petite, Loosely! <br /><br />My Personal Goal: Lose inches, exercise 3-4 days a week and be HAPPY with who I am!

Well, I'm eating GLOP as I type. I have to admit...it isn't as good as I had hoped it would be with all the good reviews. Maybe it's because I used off-brand salsa... :confused:

In any event, it was an experience! tongue.gif

~Heather~

Paris: I used okara in my Chicken version. Okara is similar to cottage cheese in texture, but works well in place of silken tofu in some recipes.

My next experiment is with TVP, okara, quinoa and salsa. YUM! Vegan and whole grain.

(Momma25) Momma to five

http://www.realfoodliving.com

In remission from Acute Leukemia

Diabetic, low GI and no FRANKENFOODS!

218/in-between/125

I just made GLOP! I used the 24 oz Pace Chipotle Salsa, 1 cup bulgur, 16 oz ff cottage cheese and 1lb ground skinless turkey breast along with a McCormick taco seasoning packet. It is divine! I am about to wrap some up in a tortilla and have a taco lunch!

Thank you so much for the recipe, Dawn! This is great!

273.8/266.8/164

restart 1 November 14

Guest FirstCavWife

YEAH!!!!

Another satisfied customer!!! I'm really glad that you like it....and I'm really glad that so many people have tried it! It's really a great...and easy recipe....if you can just get people try it!!!!! LOL

-Dawn

Guest raidermom

Dawn,

Just wanted to let you know that it's contagious......My whole family has a case of the "GLOPs"! My father was here and sampled it and loved it....I sent home a bowl of GLOP with him and now my MOTHER loves it.

LOL :D

Guest FirstCavWife

WOOOHOOOO!!!

I can see it now! Headlines on Fox News: "Mysterious and Delicious GLOP Sweeps Nation"

Stores all across the country will not be able to keep turkey and salsa in stock. Dairy farmers will be thrilled with the sales skyrocketing thru the roof! People will be buying rice and bulgar by the truckload! It will be the newest phenomenom that all started HERE!!!

LOL!

-Dawn

Just wanted to report that GLOP does freeze :D ... AND... Thank you to whoever referred to its appearance as "Cat Yak" because Glop is what I think of when I see Cat Yak and vice versa :eek:

Its worth every ounce of determination and self-discipline required to make this a lifestyle!

Highest weight:258

Current weight: 158

I FROZE 1/2 C. containers, too, this week-end. I'm glad to hear it freezes well! smile.gif

My 20 year old DS came home and saw it: "What's this?" Me: "GLOP." He looked stricken! :eek: "Why do they call it THAT?!!" "Get Lots Of Protein...!" Let's just say...he didn't have "an open mind"...! ;) tongue.gif

I think the product is definitely affected by the quality of the ingredients: I use a fresh "Salsa De Casa" which is sooooooooooo good! Carol

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Guest FirstCavWife

LAMom,

Cook up some bulgar and substitute that for the rice. It seems that quite a few of the Buddies who have tried doing that really like it!

-Dawn

This stuff sounds like it would taste okay. I love lasagne made with cottage cheese and I have been stuffing shells with a mixture of cottage cheese and spinach for years. I wonder if you could substitute something else for the rice though. I gave up rice, bread, pasta and potatoes for Lent and am having trouble finding something to eat!! Maybe you could use cooked beans? We make taco mix with boca crumbles and black beans. Do you think something like that would work for this??

smile.gif Susan

PS I'll sure be glad when Lent is over!!!!! :D

SW 251.5/CW 241.5/GW 145

I tried making this yesterday. It was very easy and tasted really good. It actually reminded me of cabbage rolls, without the cabbage. I think I will definitely try it again.

Started 08/21/02<br /><br />194.6\145\133.2\130(ish)<br />SW\WW Goal\CW\Personal Goal<br /><br />Got 10% keychain - 10/30/02<br />2nd 10% keychain - 01/22/03<br /><br />GOAL! - 04/02/03<br />Lifetime - 05/07/03

Guest kaths

Another GLOP convert reporting my review: YUM!!! :D

I made my version with TVP (first time using that too...with great success...thank you for the directions!! smile.gif ) When I stirred everything together, the rice and the TVP were still warm, and I tried a bit and wasn't a big fan....but, I remembered how "everyone" on here said it's better cold.....oh my God, SO TRUE!!! I had it for lunch Friday with baked Doritos....it was SOOO yummy and filling!!

I even made picky DH try it....first, he scooped up all of ONE CURD of cottage cheese to try it! Then I made him take a "real" scoop on his chip and he liked it so much, he kept dipping!

Thanks for the great recipe!! Oh, and for those who asked before.....you CANNOT taste the cottage cheese. I hate cottage cheese and was VERY wary of using it....but I tried it (to get more protein) and besides seeing the curds, you wouldn't even know it was in there!

Cat yak.....at least nobody will be stealing my lunch in the fridge at work!!

Guest loozinforlife
wave.gif Well, all I can say is that I LOVE IT!!! I made a batch of GLOP using the Wal-Mart brand of salsa, morning star crumbles with the FF cottage cheese & brown rice and thought it tasted great!!! I love to heat a FF tortilla (or 2) and put GLOP on it, fold it up and enjoy!!! Another way that I enjoyed it was to take a serving and put it on lettuce like a taco salad and I thought it was quite good! Still, my favorite is with FF tortilla! Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe!! bcbkick.gif Elaine wave.gif bcbkick.gif

Guest slave2cats

Yes! GLOP forever immortalized as

CAT YAK!!!

I'm so pleased crazy.gif

My very bestest friend for the last 39 years is who I stole it from. She has a tummy that is extremely suggestible - if she sees it, she does it.

With 5 cats, you can imagine the problems that causes :rolleyes: Her solution is to quickly drop a kleenex over the yak. Her beloved comes home regularly to cat bombs covered in tissues. What a trooper he is!

I'll tell her that she's famous now :D ..... but I don't think she'll be making GLOP......ever. LOL

Bethanne

I just have to report that DH and I are GLOP obsessed. We just made our second batch and I am sure it will be gone by Friday. crazy.gif

273.8/266.8/164

restart 1 November 14

Guest Debnicu

Well it sounds like everyone is making GLOP and soooo many variations.DH and I just loved it added lettuce on our FF tortilla and it was like it was a tasty burrito.Will definately make this again and even try the TVP,but first I will have to try and find it.Thanks for the recipe, a definate repeat.

Also love the Cat Yak tales. :eek:

I just have to chime in here too!!! I love it!!! I had it with some tostada shells that were left over and crunched them up!! How much is a serving size? 17 servings for 2 pts right? I haven't meausred mine out yet, I only had a 16oz. jar of salsa!!

Tonight is Taco night here but I'm going to have Taco Glops!!!

Thanks!

Barb wave.gif

Picturetrail

Member login: Barb2003

"The battle's inside of me, the fights begun but not yet won and I won't become, one more casualty"

Marty Casey

"In your eyes I am complete"

Peter Gabriel

Another convert! I made my first batch (subbing bulghur for rice) 2 weeks ago, and DH and I devoured it in just a few days. I made it again last week for our small Bible study group (they're an adventurous lot!), and we barely had any leftovers to bring home. We're going to try the TVP version tonight (TVP and bulghur are reconstituting at this very moment). This dish has become a staple in our menu and a really convenient item to grab when we're in a rush but need something that will hold us for a while. It's really good stuffed into a tomato, as well as with the pitas, tortillas, chips, etc. that others have suggested. Many thanks for posting the recipe (and for all of the humorous comments that followed!).

248.6/181.6/130??

Originally posted by kaths:

Cat yak.....at least nobody will be stealing my lunch in the fridge at work!!

Probably not, though someone might throw it away mistaking it for a science project gone bad! LOL!

248.6/181.6/130??

I have to say I laughed out loud all the way through this thread. :D

I don't think I dare try it, though. Dairy doesn't like me. Maybe if I eat lots of Lactaid.... I just might. I'll let you know if I get brave enough to try it.

Diane

237 - 1/3/6

198.8 - 12/30/08

"Live each day as if it's the BEST day of your life!"

Diane: That's too bad, because you're really missin' it!! But be aware, this recipe makes a BUNCH!! I usually make half, and it's still a bunch! Better lay-in a supply of Lactaid, but I think it would be worth it. ;)

JeanetteSki