Health Discovery Network
Guest sodacracker

Core Daily Friday September 26, 2008

Guest sodacracker

I am starting this super early on Friday as I happen to be up at almost 2 a.m.:bcb_huh:

Yesterday afternoon I got a phone call from DS's teacher that he had been hit with a rock in the temple!!!

I drove too fast back to town to ride along in the ambulance to the hospital and sit in emergency for 6 hours. We got home tonight with a 9 year old boy proudly bearing a staple in his head, a good story for his classmates,a promise of a Webkinz gift and card of apology from the boy who hit him, and two absolutely strung out, starving parents.

One of whom (not me!) fell asleep, and one of whom is typing at this crazy hour because she had to stay awake to see if she could waken DS per Dr'.s instructions.

Oddly there were about 7 teens in emergency this afternoon. Two in full football gear from two different high schools, two with gashes in their legs, one female basketball player with an ice pack pressed to her head, and three limping teens.

Weird.

I will be back at a more normal hour to see what you busy bees are all up to.

Morning all,

Lots to do to get ready to leave for my mother's. It will be a nice 3 hour drive. She has a long to do list, so we will be busy. We will also go to the Y to work out. She loves to show me what she does there. I am leaving all the bassets behind with a house/dog sitter. When you have as many as I do, you have little other choice.

I was excited with a 1.6 pound loss at W/I yesterday after school. Just knew I would be up because of the time difference.

Need to get packing. Talk to you guys on Sunday.

Soda-How scary. Glad he is okay. Kids are always getting hurt while doing athletics.

Sarah

196.8/173/150/140

Start(first time W/I)/Current/WWGoal/Personal Goal

April 26, 2008 Began my journey back to Goal.

5-9-08 Began Core

10-25-08-Made goal

12-4-08-Made Lifetime

11-29-09-Starting again

Good Morning! :wave:

Excitement abounds here as we're one week out from our big family trip to Disneyworld! DH has a business meeting in Orlando for a couple of days so my parents, the kids & I decided to join him. We got a ridiculously good deal on airfare & a condo and with DH's company paying a big chunk of all his expenses, and with it being "low season" at Disney, and with the kids having a PD day at the end of next week, we decided to give it a whirl. Everyone's over the moon-- my parents are happy to travel, the kids are ecstatic about going on a trip, DH is delighted about not having to travel by himself. I'm ambivalent as I've "done" the Disney thing a few time already and also I don't like to rock the boat too much with my routines as it's *so* hard for me to stay OP and in control while traveling/on vacation. But I know I can do this and I also know that one bad choice doesn't have to affect the whole trip and even if it does I know that I can get myself back on track when I get home-- though I definitely plan to stay on track the whole time!! I intend on weighing in at WW for October three days after we get back so the motivation to stay free will help keep me "honest"! LOL

Today is shaping up to be the usual-- good but busy! I'm off with the kids to cross-country practice, then to the gym, then back to the school to volunteer for the hot lunch offering, then a few errands and household stuff until the kids get home from school. I wound up doing some baking last night (after I didn't feel like cooking myself anything for supper!!) so today I'll tackle some cooking!! Claire's bringing a friend home with her for a playdate. I'm thinking of going to Kundalini yoga tonight as I sent DH in my stead on Wednesday. I'll read to the kids when I get home-- it's going to take a *long* time for us to get through Brisingr! After the kids go to bed, I need to catch up on last night's TV offerings that I didn't get to watch.

Soda- Glad DS is okay! I hope you got some food and sleep!

Sarah- Have a safe trip! Congrats on the loss!

Kimberley

Guest sodacracker

what was that expression Carol had for when her DH was having a bad day, "under a dark cloud" ? That's me!

Fitful sleep and then 20 minutes ago while dashing across the yard and jumping onto the low deck I heard a snap in the side of my left knee and OUCH!!

Iced it, took some ibuprofin and gingerly bearing weight. I have a hiking stick someowhere I will lean on for today.

What's that acronym for sprains? rice?

DS is calling himself Staple Boy as in, "Staple boy needs someone to change the DVD". :bcb_grin

Buenos Dias :bcb_bigsm. Had a good day yesterday. Got some great advice on my eating habits, managed to stick gum or water in my mouth whenever I felt an urge to do something with my mouth. Dont know if Nicorette is Core, yet the oral thing I have is due to the horrible habit I have quit (the gum works wonders):bcb_smile.

Had a great moment at lunch, someone brought brownies at lunch. My friend stated "Liz cant have any", I replied "I can have some if I wanted, yet I choose not to want any right now!".

Trying really hard to maintain myself in (lavender mode). As I finished eating last night I was fairly satisfied. My usual habit is to get seconds while the rest of the family is finishing their supper. I pushed my chair away from the table and simply watched and talked to them while they ate. Was weird to realize, I really wasnt hungry anymore!

I Still have not received my starter kit, yet I have lots of info. Still confused on some things. Question: I realize cold cerals w/skim milk can be eaten at one meal x1 a day. Does the same hold true for instant cream of wheat mixed w/water? Thanks for all the incredible support!

Liz :bcb_wink3

SW- 176

CW- 169

GW-145-150

10/2008(-6):bcb_bigsm

11/2008 (-1.5)

12/4 (-.5)

12/10 (-1)

12/17 (+1):bcb_yuck:

Good Morning!

Well, the rain held off until last night, but it's cold and rainy this morning. DH just left with DS to go to the oral surgeon, he's getting his wisdom teeth pulled. I ran out yesterday to pick up soup, yogurt, pudding, ice pops and iced tea for DS to have today. I'm sure he'll have to "sleep it off" most of the day. So, I'll finally have an "inside" day to get things done.

Soda~ Oh Man! I hated when the kids were hurt. It's just so stressful! Glad he's OK, now take care of yourself and that knee! Sending "sunny thoughts" your way. :bcb_smile

Sarah~ YEAH for your loss! Have fun with Mom.

Kimberley~ I found the quark!! Had some last night with strawberries and balsamic vinegar- divine!! I found it to be more like thick (very thick) sour cream, but I loved it! Glad you're going on a family fun trip, it will be great!

Liz~ Good job on the "willpower"! See, now you know you can control what you "want". That's a big step. Oh, and hot cereals are not limited to once a day.

I'll probably be back later, when I take a "coffee break" :bcb_smile Have a good day buddies! :salut

*Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

Hi Buddies

VERY quick hello this morning but maybe I can check in later.

Cold, wet, rainy rainy day.

Make it a good CORE day everybuddy !

Bridget

SW 230

CW 151.8:bcb_march

GW 130

Good Morning Everybuddy

Had yoga last night and then had To Die For pot roast....oh my was it good!! There is a little left over for today at lunch and then chicken for dinner. Had another perfect core day yesterday...just for giggles I jumped on the scale....yes being op is working...very well!!!

This weekend is the Grape Festival in Naples and then next weekend is Fall Foliage here in my town. I want to do a yard sale next weekend so I guess I better get my butt in gear and get some stuff around. I have an entire room to clear out and go through. Probably do some caching this weekend...found 3 more last night!!! It is supposed to be rainy for the next week or so on and off...I just hope it all gets out of here before our festival next weekend.

Soda-I am so glad that DS is doing ok...very scary. Was it an accident or did the other kid throw it on purpose? Take care of that knee too

Sarah-have a safe trip to your mother's....Congrats on the loss

Kim-we are waiting until the kids are older to do traveling and things like Disney....sounds like fun

Lizy-have a great day!!!

Linda-hope DS makes out ok with his surgery...ouch

Bridget-hope you have a great day!!

Vern-yes geocaching....oh it is fun...if you want pm me your zip code or address and I can look how many are in your area...I bet DD would love it

Hi to all my other buddies

Have a Fantastic Friday

7_6_8.gifgoing geocaching...only I use a GPS instead of a map

Julie

Question: I realize cold cerals w/skim milk can be eaten at one meal x1 a day. Does the same hold true for instant cream of wheat mixed w/water? Thanks for all the incredible support!

Cream of wheat is only limited by satisfaction. It does not fall under the once a day rule.

Today has been a good day so far. I got in a Firm dvd and am making out a grocery list, washing clothes and doing my day off duties. I work all weekend so I need some food to pack. Need to stock up on the fruits. And I think I'll make the acorn squash with apples tonight with maybe a pork tenderloin.

Make it a good one buddies.

kim....HW 189.0..SW 10/17/14 187.0 CW 185.0~GW 150

Morning buddies!

Why can't people just get along?!?!?! I can't tell you how many times I have had to deal with bickering employees this week! And people wonder why I don't have children @ home when I have 400 of them at work!!!

On a positive note, our lawsuit has been settled so I will not be needed for the deposition on Monday!!!! YEAH!!!!:bcb_grin

Not much planned for this weekend - just prep for the upcoming week. Since I won't have my football game on Sunday (Monday Night Football this week!), I think I'm going to go to the movies. Prior to the closure of the movie Rent on Broadway (one of my 2 ABSOLUTE favorite musicals), a film crew filmed the performance and the original cast joined in the tribute. That filming is being shown in the theaters, so I definitely want to catch that! It is being shown in limited theaters on Saturday & Sunday!

Hope everyone has a GREAT Friday!

See you lighter!!

Janeen

Hi Everyone,

I have not been posting on the daily lately. After our granddaughters left I was working on digitally scrapbooking their memory books. I finished them and mailed them Mon. I need more balance in my life. When I have a project like that it becomes my whole focus. I have been going through closets, cupboards and bookcases and getting rid of stuff. This has been a hard week as I have gone through some things that belonged to our parents. Getting rid of their stuff that nobody needs or wants is really hard so I have had a few days this week that I have been kind of down. The weather does not help either. We have to replace our garden window in the kitchen as the wood on the outside is rotting. We figured the cost would be around $6,000 but would you believe it is going to cost $17,000. We are still in sticker shock. This is not something we can postpone so DH and I looked at each other and said Merry Christmas. We do not spend a lot for Christmas anyway but we have decided that our trailer, the window etc. is going to be our Christmas gift to each other.

Soda, how scarry. I can remember the emergency room trips we had to make when our daughters were young.

Sarah, how fun at your mother's and congratulations on the weight loss.

Kimberly, enjoy your trip to Disney World.

Liz, great job at lunch.

Linda, having a wisdom tooth pulled is no fun. I hope your DS does fine.

Erlas, good luck with your garage sale.

:wave: Hi, Bridget, Kim and Janeen.

Judy S.

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott

SW: 253.4/CW: 160/WWGW: 148/PGW: ?

The President's Exercise Challenge:

Going for the Bronze-achieved 7/4/2009

20,000 pts.-100%

Going for the Silver-21220 of 45,000 pts.-47%

Im a newbie to core, I started Tuesday night so its my 3rd day on it.

Is it normal to feel bloated? I'ts like I feel heavier yet my scrubs fit the same. Im wondering if its just an adjustment?

Liz :bcb_wink3

SW- 176

CW- 169

GW-145-150

10/2008(-6):bcb_bigsm

11/2008 (-1.5)

12/4 (-.5)

12/10 (-1)

12/17 (+1):bcb_yuck: