Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
DianaT

2.5 pt Smoothie

My daughter drinks the Carnations Instant Breakfast quite often while dashing out the door for school so I thought I'd try to make a smoothie for her, out of it.

I came up with the 2.5 pt smoothie.

1-pkg SF Carnation Instant Breakfast, we used chocolate

8 oz FF milk

1 c frozen fruit, we used strawberries but next time we'll use bananas

Blend and enjoy!

This ended up with 1 svg dairy, 1 svg fruit, and 7g of fiber! Delish!

Diana

"My basic philosophy can be summed up by an expression we use in Norwegian: hurry slowly. Get there, but be patient." GRETE WAITZ

Ordinary Life

SW 7/1/2008: 234.4

CW: 202.8

GW: 150

How can this only be 2.5 points?

Isnt a cup of FF milk 2 points by itself? One cup of frozen fruit another point?

Im confused, although it sounds really good.

**Sharyn**

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane!" ~ Jimmy Buffet

SW: 169

CW: 161

GW: 140

Because of the fiber in the Instant Breakfast.

Diana

"My basic philosophy can be summed up by an expression we use in Norwegian: hurry slowly. Get there, but be patient." GRETE WAITZ

Ordinary Life

SW 7/1/2008: 234.4

CW: 202.8

GW: 150

Guest TryingWW

I think Diana is right. The fiber is capped at 4g and that cap would need to include the fruit. Each serving would be 4 points or more depending on the fruit. 1.5 points may not seem like a lot but if you miscalculate 1.5 points for each meal and a snack that is 6 points per day or 42 points per week. That is a lot of exercise to make up for a little bit of a rounding error or ignoring points. When you first join WW and have a lot to lose, it may not matter. However, as you get closer to goal or have less to lose, you will be closer to 20 points a day. An "extra" uncounted 6 points per day is increasing your daily allotment by almost 30%. Not counting the extra points now may not serve you so well in the long run.