Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Guest jill-leigh

Looking for a smoothie recipe?

Guest jill-leigh

I have been looking and looking for a good, lf/sf breakfast smoothie recipe. I bought frozen blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries.. I have fat free plain yogurt, organic fat free vanilla yogurt.. low fat vanilla soy milk, etc.. I just don't know how to go about it?

Anyone with any recipes (not necessarily with the foods I listed above) would be greatly appreciated!! :bcb_wink3

Guest HealthyFoodie

I got a library's worth of smoothie recipes, but here's a few family faves.

BLEND TOGETHER:

Classic smoothie: 1 cup FF vanilla yogurt[or FF plain with 2 tsp vanilla extract and sweetener-of-choice to taste], 1 small banana [peeled, chopped & frozen], 1/2 cup frozen strawberries, 1/2 cup FF milk of choice, 1/2 cup Tropicana Light OJ.

Blueberry-Maple: 1 cup FF vanilla yogurt [or FF plain with 2 tsp vanilla extract and sweetener-of-choice to taste], 1 cup unsweetened frozen blueberries, 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce, 1/2 cup FF milk of choice, 2 Tbsp. sugar free maple syrup, dash of cinnamon.

Pina Colada: 1 cup FF vanilla yogurt [or FF plain with 2 tsp vanilla extract and sweetener to taste], 1 15 oz. can crushed pineapple, frozen, 2 Tbsp. FF whipped topping, 2 tsp. coconut extract.

Peach Melba: 1 cup FF vanilla yogurt [or FF plain with 2 tsp vanilla extract and sweetener-of-choice to taste], 1 15 oz. can sliced peaches in water or juice, frozen, 1 cup unsweetened raspberries, 1/2 cup FF milk of choice.

Each of the recipes makes more than a single serving. Freeze the remainders in small freezer bags or plastic containers. When needed, either pulse in a blender until smooth, or partially defrost and shake by hand until smooth.