Health Discovery Network
jjhall

ISO Raspberry Chicken w/Mt. Dew

Does anyone have the recipe for raspberry chicken made with a can of Diet Mt. Dew?

Thanks in advance!

jj

Success is a journey not a destination!

I just bumped the original post for you to the top, but here is the recipe also.

F&S Group

Recipe from JoAnna M. Lund w/ Barbara Alpert

Serves 4 3 pts

2 tsp reduced calorie margarine

4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts (4 - 5 oz ea)

1/2 c Diet Mountain Dew, Divided

1/4 c raspberry spreadable fruit spread

In a large skillet, melt margarine. Place chicken pieces in skillet and brown on both sides. Lower heat. Reserve 1 tabl. of Diet Mt. Dew. Pour remaining Dew over chicken. Cover and simmer 15 min or until chicken is tender.

In a small bowl combine remaining 1 tabl of Dew and raspberry spreadable fruit spread. Evenly drizzle over chicken pieces. Continue cooking 1 - 2 min until sauce is warmed.

When serving place one piece of chicken on each plate and evenly drizzle any remaining sauce over top. Serves 4

Per serv. 170 cal. 2 g fat

1 g fiber 3 pts each.

ann p

Sincerely,

Carla

~Food wasted is better than food waisted!

~Iceberg lettuce is perhaps the most aptly named plant in the world and should be avoided as though you were the Titanic with a second chance.

Guest Debnicu

I can tell it is lunch odear.gif because all of these recipes sound delish.Rasperries are my favorite fruit so I know I will love this.DS might even go for it once he finds out Mt.Dew is in it. ;)

I'm going to try this tonight. I will let you know how it turns out.

redhed933<br />SW:237.2<br />recommited 05/25/04<br />sw:221<br />cw:215<br />GW:147

Sounds great tongue.gif Thanks for sharing!

Lori

start 208

current 193

goal ww 158

goal personal 148

highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

I made this the night before WI and it was so good. I cooked some brown rice with it and mixed it all up with the sauce. I didn't even have to add any salt. This one is a keeper. Thanks Carla.

redhed933<br />SW:237.2<br />recommited 05/25/04<br />sw:221<br />cw:215<br />GW:147

Guest mrszotz

Making this for dinner tonight... it sounds so good!!

Mary

* Exported from MasterCook *

Raspberry Chipotle Chicken

Serving: 4

Points per serving: 4.2

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts -- 5oz half breasts

1/2 cup diet Mt. Dew

1/2 cup Bronco Bob's Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce

Pam cooking spray

In a large skillet sprayed with Pam, place chicken pieces in skillet and brown on both sides. Lower heat. Add diet Mt. Dew, cover and simmer 15 min or until chicken is tender. Evenly drizzle raspberry chipotle over chicken pieces. Continue cooking 1 - 2 min until sauce is warmed. When serving place one piece of chicken on each plate and evenly drizzle sauce over top. Serves 4.

Per Serving: 200 Calories; 2g Fat; 32g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 80mg Cholesterol; 333mg Sodium. Exchanges: 7 1/2 Lean Meat.

Oh Mary, I just LOVE Bronco Bob's Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce! Have you tried it on salmon? YUMMMMMMMY!

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

Guest mrszotz

Love it on salmon!! I like to add a little rice wine vinegar and have it on salads!!

Have you tried the Apricot Chipotle?? I used that on some pork loin in the oven and WOW :eek: was it the best pork I've ever had!! All the kids ate it too :D

Mary

I haven't seen the apricot. I'll be on the lookout. That sounds awesome! Thanks for the tip.

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

I had to find this recipe again and this came up in the search option.

All I can say is Yumm..this is a fave!! Been awhile since I made it.

Sincerely,

Carla

~Food wasted is better than food waisted!

~Iceberg lettuce is perhaps the most aptly named plant in the world and should be avoided as though you were the Titanic with a second chance.