PAN-GLAZED CHICKEN WITH BASIL

4 (4oz) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

½ tsp salt

¼ tsp freshly ground pepper

2 tsp olive oil

2 tbs balsamic vinegar

1 tbs honey

2 tbs chopped fresh basil

Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn chicken and cook 6 minutes or until chicken is done. Stir in vinegar, honey and basil; cook an additional 1 minute.

4 servings 4 points each

This was from a WW cookbook for 15 minute meals.

It's really good, but don't put your face right over the pan when you add the vinegar. The fumes will knock you out! :D

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

This sounds so good! I'm going to try it this weekend. I'll let you know what the family thinks!

Junglejoy

Thanks for sharing. I have added it my recipe collection. I will try it sometime this week. We eat a lot of chicken so I love new recipes.

smile.gif

193/153/130

Guest DuneRaiderette

joanne, did you get this as a come-on to join a ww cookbook club? i did, wanted to try it, but tried deep dish casserole instead. if you did, did you join the club? is it worth it? i have a few cookbooks already, that i believe came this way, but i was just curious. wave.gif

Guest sunnyinslc

Wow. This is the exact same recipe in Cooking Light's 15-Minute Meals. I made it tonight and served couscous tossed with steamed broccoli on the side - a VERY tasty meal! Next time I make it, I think I'll double the honey and vinegar because the glaze is wonderful.

DuneRaiderette, Sorry I didn't see your question until now. I got it originally from an add to buy the WW 15 minute 5 ingredient cookbook and I did buy that book. At least I think I did :confused: I just went to look for it, but it must be one of the ones I loaned to my MIL when she started OP.

I have way too many cookbooks. That's why I copy my favorites out to a binder that I keep in the kitchen. I didn't get an ad to join a club.

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189