Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
KellyD145

Older Points Diff than Newer?

I have an old WW recipe book with points. I read somewhere that something changed with the point system. Is that true? Do I need to recalculate for the recipes in the older books?

I also read that you take the whole entire recipe and calculate points and then divide. Is that the proper way??

weight.png

"I have not failed 10,000 times. I have successfully found 10,000 ways that do not work." Albert Einstein

Guest jill-leigh

I'm not a professional or anything.. and I don't know about the points system changing from the past.. but to figure it out, I would figure out the total calories, fat and fiber, then divide each one of those by how many servings you get out of it, and figure out the points by that. I wouldn't figure out the points for the whole thing first, then divide, because that might not be correct.

For instance.. say the whole thing is 12 points, and contains four servings. Naturally, you'd say each servings is 3 points, and that COULD be right, but you need to know the calories, fat and fiber of each individual serving to figure out points per serving. Does that make sense? idk. Hard to explain.

Depends on how old the books are. The only changes to how points are calcuated since Points came out was a 4 gram per serving fiber cap was added. I can't remember exactly when, but if the book gives you calories, fat and fiber per serving you can still calculate the same way but only count 4 grams of fiber per serving.

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

I am also at a loss on what to do when you lose do you go down in points? I have lost 15.5 lbs ond if I redo the points i should have 2 less, if thats what we should do.

Always look at the bright side of a bad situation

weight.png