Health Discovery Network
LittleLulu

Any crocheters out there?

I'm looking for some cute gift ideas to make for Christmas. Also for a style hook that is good for people with arthritis. Any ideas?

Jill~~

Reputation is what men and women think of us. Character is what God and the angels know of us.

There are tons of patterns and ideas at crochetpatterncentral.com. I am currently making some dishcloth angels to include in a gift basket for teachers.

I recently bought some hooks with wooden handles. They helped me out as far as pain (I type for a living and have carpal tunnel). They are larger than a regular hook and it works well for me.

Jina

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as long as we are here we might as well dance! - Andy Rooney

weight.png

Hi Lulu,

I love to crochet. For the past several months, I've been on a quest to use left over yarn. I've found a bunch of free hat patterns online and have really enjoyed making them.

http://pages.e-yarn.com/6030/PictPage/1921012474.html I've attached this site so you can see what the Clover Soft Touch crochet hooks look like. I shopped around and got the whole set C -J (I think) plus the carrying case on e-Bay. They are really easy to hold.

Diane

237 - 1/3/6

198.8 - 12/30/08

"Live each day as if it's the BEST day of your life!"

I did invest in the Clover Soft Touch hooks and I really do like them! I can crochet for much longer periods of time without cramping up and having painful hands. Now, if I could just come up with a few extra hours in the day..... I've been really busy with work and that has been consuming most of my time lately. But I do have a few works in progress, a shawl, a plastic bag holder for the kitchen and a cable stitch scarf for my daughter who is presently in the Netherlands. Hopefully, I can finish them up pretty quickly because I have found tons of great patterns I'd love to try. My husband near about has a stroke every time he sees me coming in the house with more yarn.

Jill~~

Reputation is what men and women think of us. Character is what God and the angels know of us.

Hello fellow crafters and crocheter's...and sometimes I am known to be crotchety too, Ha LOL!:bcb_grin

I am still a novice crocheter but I do love making simple afghans...I also used up old yarn making little granny square doggy afghans for my dog's friends in our condo complex...yes I am a dork! Their doggy parents loved them though! What I need to find are easy doggy sweater patterns for dummies! I will have to try those two sites y'all told me about.

I am also a decorating freak! So any decorating sites and ideas are welcome!

What are all of you making right now? I know about the cable-stitch scarf and the shawl, etc...that's terrific! I am working on a new afghan for my dog Bailey...she needs another one as her first one is getting dirty so I am making her one for Christmas.

Ciao for now...gotta check out those sites!:bcb_smile

NJ Lifer!

Well, I got Bailey's afghan done in time for Christmas, now just have to wrap it for her...hee hee.

Working on a tea cozy now that I got off the net...thank you all so much for your tips and links...got a few patterns to get me back into it again! Tea cozies for the mom's next year for Christmas...and afghans for the kids! What to get the Dad's..hmmm...already did scarves last year for them so need a new idea. Men are hard to craft for, hee hee. I may just have to breakdown and buy their gifts, we'll see. Any suggestions are welcome!!

NJ Lifer!

Still haven't finished my shawl or scarf, but hopefully it won't take long. I think next I'll do some "cat covers" as our 2 cats love to sleep on my afghans.

Jill~~

Hi Lulu,

I had to smile at the thought of your cats liking to lay on your afghans.

My little scottie loves any new thing I'm working on.

I scored today. I got a HUGE bag of skeins of yarn for $5 at a yard sale. I spread them all out on the floor to see how many and what colors I had, and my little scot snuggled right on top of those skeins of yarn and went to sleep.

I think my next project for me will be a scarf. I think I need a new one. =)

Diane

237 - 1/3/6

198.8 - 12/30/08

Sounds like I need to find some good yard sales. I'm envious of your find! :)

Jill~~

Well, several months have gone by, but I finally(!) got my daughter's scarf done, and the shawl is more than half finished. :D I'm dying to start some socks. I've never before tried socks, but think it's time to try something new and different. And I have some baby afghans for charity on tap, too.

How are you all coming along with your projects?

Jill~~

Hey Lulu!

My tea cozy is taking forever, but I finished one pillow cover and will start the next one tonight maybe...after hc duties are done. I also paint too so that has taken me over a little bit.

NJ Lifer!

Hi there! I signed on when looking for others doing machine embroidery. Didn't find any buddies for that but I too crochet and have since I was in grade school. I've taught my grandkids to crochet as well.

Here's a great site that gives you free patterns you can download. Enjoy!

http://www.freepatterns.com/list.html?cat_id=2

Thanks StrawberryJayne!

Well I finished my pillow covers and they look great if I do say so myself!:bcb_bigsm

I am back to working on my tea cozy...done the front, may start the back this weekend. Unless I start a really nice scarf pattern...we'll see!

Keep on crafting!:bcb_march

NJ Lifer!

My shawl is finished! Now on to some new projects. :)

Welcome Strawberry Jayne, glad to have you among us.

Jill~~

Guest Lea22

I've always wanted to learn how to crochet but never learned. I want to make a Blanket

Hello all!

I've finished a couple of sets of slouchy bobble hats and matching scarves lately, also several hats with earflaps and ties under the chin, which seem to be popular with the younger crowd.

Hi Lea, I bought a book from Walmart that did a good job of explaining how-to do the basics. Let us know what you decide to make! :)

Also, tjw1963 on YouTube has several excellent videos on how to do certain stitches and other handy clues! Her videos are better than any of the others I've found. She goes slowly, repeats herself (which helps me a lot), even shows it in slow motion! I've signed up to receive a "subscription" of her videos, so that it automatically comes to me every so often.

I'm off to bed now.

Happy dreams.

Diane

237 - 1/3/6

198.8 - 12/30/08

Hey Lulu...good luck on your project...I gotta get back into it now that fall is looming and so is the cool weather any time soon... :bcb_smile

NJ Lifer!