Health Discovery Network
Big T

Hello - n00b beginning WW this wed

Hello,

My name is Tom and I'm a n00b. I wanted to say hello. I'm 47 and live in Chandler, AZ. I'm not a n00b to trying to lose weight. But I really feel good about my decision to begin weight watchers.

I have had success on other programs, but had difficulty sticking with them (i.e. Atkins, south beach, etc...). I do exercise (I have a Lifecycle 9500HR stationary bike). I ride 45 mins a day, about 5 days a week. I am over 300 lbs (probably ~ 315) and I am 6'2" tall. I would like to get to 225. I need to discuss these goals w/ my team leader this week and then I'll know what my plan looks like.

I work at a large semiconductor mfg. and WW comes to us every wednesday. They start a new program every quarter and I've decided to join after attending an initial meeting last week. I like the way this program works with real life situations, and helps make healthy choices with real-world options. I travel and need to be able to have a program that I can use anywhere and stick with. I officially weigh in and get my program materials Wednesday.

I will likely find some groups here to join. :bcb_up

I can't fail if I don't quit

Platoon member #63

SW: 318.2 (10-14-08)

CW: 259.8

GW: 225

Guest healthydays
:welcome: Welcome to BCB. Lots of great people here.

Guest BeanBlossom

Welcome to WW and BCB. It's been a great success for me so far. Have a great time getting to know everyone on the boards.

Hi Tom and welcome! You will find great support here at this site. Check out the Men's group. They are a fun bunch of guys.

BTW - I'm from AZ too. Nice picture. Is that Pleasant in the background?

Sue

Keep the PROMISES we make to OURSELVES :bcb_up

weight.png

Thanks for the warm welcome. I am looking forward to the support I will get here!!!

BTW - That is Roosevelt res. in the background.

Platoon member #63

:welcome: Be sure to check back in and let us know how your first official day goes.

- Ron :salut

MO #131

weight.png

10 Percent Goal met 6/14/2008 2i1h3lv.gif2i1h3lv.gif2i1h3lv.gif2i1h3lv.gif2i1h3lv.gif

GO PHILLIES!!! [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BTW - That is Roosevelt res. in the background.

That would have been my second guess. LOVE Roosevelt! We spend most of our summers there. It's about a 3 hour drive for us but WELL WORTH IT! We didn't make it there as often this summer because of the soaring gas prices. It cost us a pretty penny to haul the boat and 5th wheel. Next year we will definetly be storing our toys in Punkin Center so we won't have to go broke over gas. :bcb_huh: DH would love to figure out how to live there...:bcb_LOL:

Sue

Keep the PROMISES we make to OURSELVES :bcb_up

weight.png

Guest peaceofmind

Welcome!! Glad you joined our community. Can't wait to see your progress. Have fun at your meeting today.

Guest qdesq

Welcome, how did your meeting go yesterday!

Thanks again for the warm welcome. I wanted to start the program yesterday, so I kept track of my breakfast, etc.. wed morning and waited to have lunch until after the meeting. I enjoyed the meeting and some of the returning members are folks I know at work and have noticed their weight loss over the past year. Now I know how they did it. So now, not only do I have meetings at work, I also have a support mechanism there at work with other members, here online, and at home with my wife.

I spent more time reading after the meeting and last night. My wife (who is one of those naturally thin - lucky ones) is very supportive. We went shopping last night to make sure we have the right things in the house. We had a nice dinner and at the end of the day I still hadn't consumed all of my 43 points (yes, that's a lot of points).

So far today I am tracking everything and starting to get more familiar with the program. I know I have a long way to go (I weighed in at 318.2 and want to get to 225) but I feel good that now I am doing something about it :bcb_up

I will make sure I keep riding the stationary bike too :bcb_smile

Platoon member #63