Health Discovery Network
Guest healthydays

What will you be missing out on over the holidays?

Guest healthydays

There was a thread very similar to this a while back on BCB and I enjoyed it very much so I thought I would start this one. With the holidays approaching, those of us who will stay OP may occasionally throw ourselves a pity party where we feel that everyone else gets to eat this and drink that and poor us. At least for me, this kind of thinking often leads to not staying OP.

So this year I want to remind myself of EXACTLY what I am missing out on all thanks to staying OP and coming here to BCB so I'll start my list....

This holiday season I am missing out on

- waking up in the middle of the night with really bad heartburn and then not being able to get back to sleep because it just won't go away

- waking up in the morning feeling really unwell because I did not eat properly yesterday

- stiff joints from too much salt, too little exercise and not enough water

- staring into a closet full of clothes and knowing that only about 3 outfits fit and even those don't make me look good

- looking in the mirror and not liking what I see

- guilt

What are you missing out on???

Great idea, Healthydays...

I will be missing out on feeling so embarrassed about my size that I don't go to Christmas activities like concerts at church, parties, and going to elegant stores to see how they decorated. I used to feel that way and now I just go wherever I want! I'm going to miss that horrible fleeling!

I'm going to miss that stuffed-to-oblivion feeling that I used to justify by saying "It's only Christmas once a year" while knowing that Christmas is ONE DAY and I made it a two-month season!

I'm going to miss those 8-10 pounds I used to gain each Christmas season!

Yep, I'm really going to miss that stuff! THANKFULLY!

Deedee

"Do or do not. There is no try." (Yoda)

Guest jill-leigh

Awesome idea.

I will be missing out on...

• all of the extra fat calories

• the additional 5lbs due to all of the holiday crap food

• telling myself "it's okay" because it's a holiday

• the extra weight i've already lost, and will continue to lose through the holidays

I will be missing out on:

Eating disease causing addictive food and feeling that I am a subhuman because I can't stop at just one. So I stop at zero and feel comfortable and very blessed. :bcb_up

FREEDOM'S just another word for NOTHING LEFT TO LOSE.

I'm going to miss being disappointed with myself for eating without restraint during the holidays.

That won't be me THIS YEAR! I will have a plan and I will follow it!

I will miss:

That overstuffed, bloated, yucky feeling of eating entirely too much junk.

Being the "fat one" at all of the holiday get togethers (I still will be this year, but I WILL NOT be next holiday season!)

Maybe having a picture or two of myself enjoying the holidays, for my kids, because I always insist on being the one behind the camera for now - not anymore!

SW: 234.6

CW: 219.4

GW: 150

15.2 pounds down

1st goal - 10% 211.1 (8.3 lbs to go)

2nd goal - ONEderland 19.4 lbs to go

One pound at a time, keep 'em coming off! :bcbkickbu

Guest Ritabanana

I will miss:

1. That disgusting bloated feeling after you eat way too much and the clothes on your body feel way too tight...

2. Searching in my closet for something decent and that makes me look "thin" to go all the Xmas functions I have to go to...Hello??? Clothes don´t work miracles....

3. the post holiday guilt.

1. Heartburn

2. Regrets

3. The extra dress size

:bcb_smile

Liz

First joined: 1986, lifetime 1991

Recommitted: 11/28/2007

Start weight: 198.4

Goal: 150 (6/5/08)

Currently: 149.4 (2/12/09)

PG: 145