Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
kurlylox

Bourbon Street Chicken

Me, too! My family loves it...but I never get it anymore because I think it's too high in points. I would love a lower-point version.

Linda<br /><br />SW 202.4 7/31/16<br />CW 192.2 8/28/16<br />GW 135

Hi! I haven't made this before but it sounds great. I used my slide ruler and it figures out to be 6 points. If you want to double check the nutrition info is at the bottom. Also if you want to save a point or so I believe they have lower calorie soy sauce and brown sugar. I don't know... 6 points with 0 point veggies doesn't sound to bad to me. Let me know if you like it!

Ingredients

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

1 teaspoon ground ginger

4 ounces soy sauce

2 tablespoons dried minced onion

1/2 cup packed brown sugar

3/8 cup bourbon

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

Directions

1 Place chicken breasts in a 9x13 inch baking dish. In a small bowl combine the ginger, soy sauce, onion flakes, sugar, bourbon and garlic powder. Mix together and pour mixture over chicken. Cover dish and place in refrigerator. Marinate overnight.

2 Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).

3 Remove dish from refrigerator and remove cover. Bake in the preheated oven, basting frequently, for 1 1/2 hours or until chicken is well browned and juices run clear.

Makes 4 servings

Nutrition at a glance

Servings Per Recipe: 4 amount

per serving

Calories 312

Protein 28.9g

Total Fat 1.5g

Sodium 1688mg

Cholesterol 68mg

Carbohydrates 31.2g

Fiber 0.5g

243.5/239.5/135