Health Discovery Network
Reallywant2Lose

Core Daily~Sunday~October 19

Good morning -

Early morning for me. Didn't get to walk this morning but will definitely get in my hour walk later today. I am already wanting more weights for my walkvest and didn't realize you can only purchase them in 4 lb sets at $20 each. Yikes. Has anyone that purchased theirs from Marshall's come up with an alternative for extra weights? I was thinking about maybe making half lb sand bags with the ziplock snack bags and placing the bags in something spill proof. Are there any other suggestions? Lfia, what did your husband come up with?

Not sure whats on the menu for today. I want something hearty as its been a little cool lately. Since I have the ingredients on hand, I think I will just have spaghetti and meatballs which isn't that hearty but oh well.

Hope everyone has a relaxing close to your weekend.

RW2L

weight.png

TBLbannerBlackc.gif

Good Morning Buddies.

I am excited to say I had a 2.2 pound loss at W/I yesterday. Which means I am 2 pounds from my WW goal and 12 pound from my personal goal. 2 pounds and 6 weeks from LIFETIME. :bcb_grin Which equals not having to pay. YEAH.

Couldn't have done it without all the support I have gotten here. Thanks buddies.

It's a very cool morning here-41 degrees. Just didn't want to get out of bed. It will be harder now for me to get up and exercise. My treadmill is in the garage. I will do it though. Today will be a nice walk outside.

Need to get moving if I am going to make it to early church.

Will check back in later.

RW2L-What Marshall's did you see the walkvest in? I might have to go there. Seems like the sand in ziplock bags would work. I really want a vest.

Sarah

196.8/173/150/140

Start(first time W/I)/Current/WWGoal/Personal Goal

April 26, 2008 Began my journey back to Goal.

5-9-08 Began Core

10-25-08-Made goal

12-4-08-Made Lifetime

11-29-09-Starting again

Guest sodacracker

Congratulations WWLifer. You know, if you were on maintenaance that WI would have been free because you are not more than 2 pounds over goal. :bcb_smile

WTG and looking forward to celebrating when you get to goal. :salut

Working in the yard today so on the run here and need to find some gloves as it is COLD!

Heated up my bowl of shredded wheat and milk this morning to warm me up ( kind of yukky, actually :bcb_yuck:)

Good Morning! :wave:

I believe I am going to go to the gym and take a spinning class while DH goes back to Home Depot to get the last pots we need to bring in all the outdoor plants for the winter. It did frost over night here so it worked well that he got them all in last night!

This afternoon, I am *so* excited that we're finally going to family roller skate. I used to go to this place back in the 80s and they still have the same 4 wheel skates to rent!! :crazy: What do you think the odds are that they'll play Duran, Duran??!! :bcb_grin

Sarah- Congrats on the loss! We're within a pound of each other with the same personal goal weight!! Want to buddy up and make a goal for New Year's Eve to get there?

Kimberley

Good Morning Buddies! :salut

It looks like another perfect day here in the sunny south; we are always so relieved when the stifiling heat and humidity begin to subside.

You guys are not going to believe what happned to my friend at WI yesterday. She has never had a week where she gained (which I find pretty incredible) and yesterday she gained 1/2 pound! She was so sad; I felt so sorry for her. I gave her the gift anyway and she was going to keep it for next week. By the time class was over she had bounded back, had her game face on, determined as ever. :bcb_bravo

Remarkably I was down 3.5 pounds! (I didn't share this with my friend - not the thing to do.):bcb_cool2 I have never declared a WW goal b/c I wasn't sure of my exact height. My friend and are about the same height and age and she told me that she is 5'4.5" which puts her on the chart at 150 as opposed to 146 for 5'4". My strategy for setting the goal is one I got from Carol. Set it as high as possible in order to quit paying sooner. I came home from the meeting, got my husband to measure my heighth.(There is not a heighth chart at my meeting location.) As it turns out I am 5'4.5" and my WW goal weight can be 150. I weighed in at 149.5.......so I am there and can go into maintainence next week. :bcb_smile This will not be my personal goal - I would like to get somewhere around 140 if possible. Even though this was all exciting and good the best part of my day came later back at that same clothing store I mentioned yesterday. I needed some new jeans, I was standing there looking at the size 12 rack and I just decided if I can't get into a 10 I am not buying them. Got the 10s went to the dressing room, tried them on and THEY FIT!!!!! Easily. :bcb_bigsm So I am off to get dressed in my size 10 jeans for church. (We are a very laid back, non traditional bunch.):bcb_smile

(By the way, I read those posts last night from yesterday about switching from Core to Flex. About six weeks ago I switched to Flex. I did not say anything here because I didn't want to leave my Core buddies. It has been very good for me and not painfully laborious like I thought it would be.)

Everyone have a great OP day while enjoying the fabulous fall weather.:salut

Jacque

"Be passionate enough to succeed......"

David Cottrell

:bcb_march:bcb_march

152/150/142

Hey Buddies

Sarah & Dixie-Congrats on the great weigh ins.That is awesome.

You should bot be very proud of your accomplishments !!!!

At my W/I this morning-I am holding steady at 148. I've been there since July, and it is a bit frustrating. My goal is 140,too ! Because I have only done WW at home, I set my goal at 140. I am 5'5" tall. I could technically be a higher weight according to WW, I believe, but I have this number stuck into my head and probably won't be content till I get there.

I would love to go into the new year not feeling the need to lose weight. At the rate I am going, I need to really kick myself out of the plateau. Nothing seems to be working,but I won't give up. It is getting a bit discouraging, though. I am getting lots of advice to cut back on my exercising, that it would help. I have such a hard time believing that, so I have been unable to do it. Any buddies-have suggestions on that? DH is convinced I do not eat enough,especially in relation to how much I exercise. That's a hard one for me to grasp, especially because I never let myself feel real hungry or anything.

Otherwise, it's been a really nice weekend so far. We are taking the kids and dog out for a hike in a little while. It's nippy, but feels SOOO good to be out in the beautiful fall colors.

We made a whopping $56.00 at our yard sale. Luckily the sale did not cost a penny to put on, so it was pure profit. Got my oil changed with the extra $$. Livin' it up here in Ct, we are !!!!!!:bcb_grin:bcb_grin:bcb_grin

Have a great CORE day, buddies

Bridget

SW 230

CW 151.8:bcb_march

GW 130

Bridget-I am 5'5" also and so 150 is WW's goal weight for me. I picked the highest weight there to stop having to pay. My personal goal weight is 140 too. You are much smaller than me-more muscular and muscle weighs more. I know you are wearing 6's and I wear an 8 or 10. I also have wondered if you eat enough. I feel like I eat LOTS. I am always amazed at W/I with my losses.

Sarah

196.8/173/150/140

5-9-08 Began Core

10-25-08-Made goal

12-4-08-Made Lifetime

11-29-09-Starting again

Good morning, all. Well, I posted on the board that I'm new to core...just started today. I've been on and off WW numerous times and have always done flex. So I'm doing things differently this time.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all. I have a 10-month-old son. I'm mostly a stay-at-home mom. I work as a court reporter a couple times a month to supplement, but other than that I'm here at home most days.

Headed to church this morning and then probably gonna do some stuff around the house this afternoon.

Have a wonderful Sunday, everybody!

Amy :bcb_smile

SW: 206.6 CW: 206.6 GW: 127

Good morning!

I'm staying home today. I have a few hours of work to do, but not too much. I plan on taking the pugs for a nice walk when it warms up a little bit.

Amy, I'm a freelance court reporter in Colorado!! :bcb_grin

Jodi

Good Morning!

DH left this morning for the week (he'll be back Saturday afternoon). So, I think I'll just take it easy today. The kids will be in and out all day, and I have a stinkin' cold, so it seems like a good plan. I made the Italian wedding soup last night and it seemed to help a bit. I think I'll make some Miso soup today. I've heard lots of people say it is better than chicken soup for a cold (is it core?). Then I can take some to work for lunch tomorrow.

RW~ DH hasn't worked on it yet, too busy. My idea was to glue some washers to something, wood or metal stick maybe. I'll let you know what we figure out. Kids have a friend that works at a metal shop, may get him to try something.

Sarah~ WooHoo on the loss!! Keep up the great work!

Soda~ Try to stay warm!

Jacque~ WOW what a great loss! How nice to be there for your friend!

Bridget~ I've been the same weight for almost a year! bcb_sad I gain and lose the same 1-2 lbs week to week. Even when I have a "bad" week and gain a few extra, I lose those in no time but don't go below that certain weight. :bcb_confu I wonder if your body just gets to a "comfortable" weight and fights to stay there.

Kimberley~ What fun!! I love to do anything with the family! Have a great time!

Amy~ Welcome!! Your son is just the cutest thing! We have a lovely lady who would be just perfect for him~ Elise!! :bcb_wink3

jodi~ Hope you have a good walk and enjoy your day!

To all who follow~ Make it a great day!!:salut

*Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

I'm cooking a turkey today. I'll freeze leftovers in 6 oz packages, and I'm making some soup with the rest of the leftovers. My DD may come over to have the meal with me, as her spouse and mine both went to a football game in Oakland.

I'm doing my best to get lots of healthy core foods in the fridge/freezer in individual containers to make things easier for me after the surgery. DH says he will cook but I already know the kinds of things he makes. "Heat and eat" he can do.

If I have time, I'll run over to Marshalls to look for a walkvest.

I'm also taking a long bike ride today.

Make it a great day, corbies!

Donna

SW 310

GOAL 12/4/07

Proud to a Vegan WW.

"Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Michael Pollan

"Well, it seems to be working for me." Dr Michael Culmer

"Nuts are in hard shells for reasons." Dr John McDougall

"The salad IS the main course." Dr Joel Fuhrman

Linda- I'm not sure about Miso. It sounds good though!! I hope you're feeling better!

Dixie- My strategy was the same but I suspected that the pressure would be off me once I called Lifetime and it was. I'm considering registering my weight goal lower at WW as I've been hovering at my Lifetime weight for almost three months (which is good) but I'm not at my personal goal weight yet!!

Bridge- I'm 5'7" so 160lbs is the max for my height. I called WWGW this time around at 155lbs as my "old" goal weight in 2001 was 153lbs so it was within the 2lb Lifetime range. I could say that I'm in the normal range and my "plateau" is just a set point but I know that I've been gaining and losing the same few pounds since July due to my choices this summer.

The first thing I'd suggest is to stick with your Core foods but TRACK YOUR POINTS. Weigh and measure your food. Make sure that you're within the Target+APs+WPAs range. I lost 85lbs doing Flex and eating *all* of my points so it's important to get the body adjusted to eating enough. Secondly, are you getting in all the H8s? When you're doing high intensity exercise, you need to make sure you get in at least 3 servings of protein, not just the 2 recommended in the H8s. Your body will react if there's not enough balance to the food you're eating. The third & fourth things I'd suggest is to eat completely different foods and do completely different exercise for a week. Our bodies need a variety in both food and exercise. If you're walking every day, your body adjusts to that. If you eat the same foods, your body adjusts to that. Switch it up for a week-- do different exercises at different times in the day, eat different foods at different times of the day-- keep your body guessing!!

Finally, be a bit patient with the change as well. I have a set pattern with weight loss where I basically only lose 1 week out of the month and have slight gains/losses/maintains the other weeks. If I chose one of my "no lose" weeks to switch things up and didn't lose any weight, it could just be because of the week in my cycle. So, it helps when you know what your body is likely to do so your expectations are in line!!

Kimberley

Heated up my bowl of shredded wheat and milk this morning to warm me up ( kind of yukky, actually

That made me laugh! LOL. I'm glad YOU did it...now I won't...

I'm doing my best to get lots of healthy core foods in the fridge/freezer in individual containers to make things easier for me after the surgery. DH says he will cook but I already know the kinds of things he makes. "Heat and eat" he can do.

What surgery?!...:bcb_confu If you mentioned it, Donna, I forgot!

CONGRATULATIONS on Lifetime, Dixie! And Sarah, who can SMELL goal now...:bcb_bigsm

Eating Core foods, tracking your points, weighing and measuring...is called "Flex"! :bcb_up :bcb_grin And that's what I'm doing right now, too.

Flex and Core aren't all that different--really-- if you follow the 8 Good Health Guidelines (which is Rule #4 for both). :salut

Bridget~ When I got to goal on Flex in '01, I still wanted to lose to a personal goal. My weight wouldn't BUDGE. I was stuck at 19 points AND I wasn't using my WAPs. And I was HUNGRY! When I posted how DISCOURAGED I was, FeelGr8 told me to eat ALL my WAPs and also APs that I earned. I started eating WAY more food, was much happier, and the weight dropped off like melted butter! :bcb_huh: I was soooooooo shocked. 8 pounds: Just Like THAT.:salut

My body is so "stuck", like B's and Linda's that I'm thinking it has to be medical?...Thyroid? But I am acting like it is under-my-control, and that's why I'm giving Flex a try for this week, for sure.

I agree with Kimberley's ideas of switching things up! We get into "grooves" that make us content. And when I was on Flex, people were ALWAYS telling each other to SHAKE THINGS UP! :bcb_happy And it worked.

Linda: As DH and I laid in bed this morn, we pondered on making WalkVest weights (for you all). He suggested lead fishing weights. I thought you could put them in a Ziplock "SNACK" size bag. He also suggested a big BOLT. Also, you could go into a Home Depot with one and ask if they have anything that shape/weight/size. DH also said you could also take it to a foundry and have it cut from steel, rounding the edges. THEN take it to get powder-coated. (We think it's the shipping that must make them sooooooooo expensive.)

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

HI all. Quick drive by as headed to DS's soccer game. Did get a 30 min elliptical workout in and my ankle didn't hurt. Go back to dr on Tues but expect to have to wear walking cast 2 more weeks.

I am wondering if you could buy the soft set of 1 lb weights that they sell in workout section and fold them put them in (like these from amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/2050WW-1%252dlb%252e-Wrist-Weights-2%252dpk%252e/dp/B000LAXAYW/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1224440749&sr=8-6) I have seen them in TJ maxx and marshalls for cheap.

Have a good core day1

Sue

163 SW/164 CW/145 GW

Hi Everyone,

I only got 4 hours sleep last night so I am really tired. DH was at the hospital for a sleep study and I just could not get to sleep and then woke up at 5:30 am and could not go back to sleep. I am going to go lay down after I finish this post.

I mentioned in a previous daily that I have had a gain the last 2 weeks and seem to be gaining and losing the same few lbs. I mentioned I was going to watch my portions and hunger level more closely this week. For lunch today I put my quinoa salad in a small bowl instead of the larger one I had been using. I am perfectly satisfied.

Donna, a number of years ago I had to be off my feet and DH was cooking dinner. He alternated between hot dogs and hamburgers. Our DD #2 and I got so sick and tired of those meals. I have not had a hot dog since. So a few years later when I had to have surgery I spent the week before cooking meals to freeze. I was not feeling well but was determined to have meals that DH could thaw and heat in the microwave.

Carol, I have taken Synthroid since I was 19. I am assuming that you have Googled Hypothyroid to see if you have the symptoms. I would still get it checked even if you do not have many of the symptoms. Hypothyroidism is farely common in women who are middle age and older. If your TSH test comes back low normal I would still question your doctor about it. That has happened to me and I was put on Synthroid and 2 weeks later I felt so much better. I have a friend that her TSH always came back normal and her doctor finally sent her for a more involved test. I think the test involved using radioactive iodine. It showed she had a low thyroid. She had been trying to find out what was wrong with her for 10 years.

Well I have a headache and am really tired so I am going to go rest.

Judy S.

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott

SW: 253.4/CW: 160/WWGW: 148/PGW: ?

The President's Exercise Challenge:

Going for the Bronze-achieved 7/4/2009

20,000 pts.-100%

Going for the Silver-21220 of 45,000 pts.-47%

All of you sound like you are having a good Sunday! Hope it is restful for each one of you, especially Judy!

Skipped church and had company over for BBQ lunch. It was so nice to eat without worrying about portion sizes and just enjoy the meal. Eat till satisfied. Made potato salad like usual for everyone, but took out the usual makings before the mayo and used FF Yogurt instead. Not bad.

Have a great OP day!

*Irene* Thin for Life: Yes!

I am excited to say I had a 2.2 pound loss at W/I yesterday. Which means I am 2 pounds from my WW goal and 12 pound from my personal goal. 2 pounds and 6 weeks from LIFETIME. :bcb_grin Which equals not having to pay. YEAH.

Couldn't have done it without all the support I have gotten here. Thanks buddies.

RW2L-What Marshall's did you see the walkvest in? I might have to go there. Seems like the sand in ziplock bags would work. I really want a vest.

WWL...congrats on your accomplishment. 2 lbs away....thats fantastic. Your dedication keeps me going everyday. I wish I had a treadmill. I need to invest in one. It would really help me out once the time changes. I will hate to have to walk by myself when its dark.

I found the walkvest at the Marshall's on Lebanon Rd in Hermitage. Is that one near you? What part of Nashville do you live in?

RW2L

weight.png

TBLbannerBlackc.gif

Thanks RW2L. I live in Hendersonville.

Sarah

196.8/173/150/140

5-9-08 Began Core

10-25-08-Made goal

12-4-08-Made Lifetime

11-29-09-Starting again

What a coincidence. I live in Hendersonville too. We could've walked past each in the one of the grocery stores and never would known that we knew each other in cyberspace.

RW2L

weight.png

TBLbannerBlackc.gif