Health Discovery Network
DABRATCAROL

Question on differences

I was just curious as I was going through my WW book, what is the difference between the "core" pland and the "flex" plans? I am currently on flex, and struggling with it this time around and was mabye wondering if Core might be easier for me. Thanks in adavance for any help.

Carol

weight.png

Well Flex you count everything based on the calories,fat and fiber counts in the foods. You have a certain number of points per day then have an additional 35 points per week to play around with. With Core you still get 35 points to eat anything that fits into this number per week but....the rest of food should only be from the core food list. Only certain types of foods are core and those are allowed on this program. Be aware these foods are not to be eaten in excess or as much as you want. The idea on core is to truly tap into your apetite and satity and make yourself feel satisfied not stuffed like a thanksgiving turkey but satisfied and not ravenously hungry. Some people do well on this type of calorie restriction because they learn how to gauge their satity and can fullfill varieing needs for calories based on how they feel. But some people like myself do not have what I like to call a eat lite and will never feel full or have any sense of when to stop so they end up gaining on core. I have to count everything to stay good.

weight.png

I am a huge fan of core - with Flex I only eat junk - processed foods, sweets, snacks and I'm always starving! With core you eat healthy foods - whole grains, fruits, veggies, FF dairy items... You can eat when you're hungry and until you are satisfied. You don't have to count for your healthy 8's - so no excuses not to get those in! :bcb_happy You still have 35 points to use each week for extras too. Check out the core boards - and if you peek at the recipe boards you'll find 100s of recipes - debunking the myth that core is so restrictive and you can only eat a few certain foods!

RainyBabie :bcb_happy

weight.png

Back on track - September 2010... Whoo hoo! :bcb_march

Some Weeks You Lose, Some Weeks You Learn...

I made it to goal on Flex about 5 years ago. This time around I am doing Core and it is so much more filling and easier for me. Check out the core board.

Sarah

196.8/173/150/140

Start(first time W/I)/Current/WWGoal/Personal Goal

April 26, 2008 Began my journey back to Goal.

5-9-08 Began Core

10-25-08-Made goal

12-4-08-Made Lifetime

11-29-09-Starting again

Carol, you can always ask to stay after a meeting as if you were new, and have them tell you about Core.

* Sue *

High weight: 295 (8/06)

WW re-start weight: 285.2 (10/21/08)

Current weight/goal:

weight.png

844ecd10.gif.