Health Discovery Network
ketketket

I can't get going!

Hi Everyone,

I am having problem getting motivated! I have used WW before and I KNOW it works. I had lost almost 40 pounds. Well, now those 40 pounds are back and I keep telling myself I am going to start tomorrow... then tomorrow comes and I say it again! What do you guys do to get/keep motivated?

Guest phillygal

look at the people who have lost a lot of weight, many of them who have lost more already than i even hope to! and remember that it could not have been easy for them and that they had to start one day at a time, just like me.... it didnt happen for them over night and it wont for me but they stuck with it and are doing so much better than they were before... and that can be me one day too.

you can do it... you just need to say its either the junk food or me, who is going to win today???

Start today - right now... forget about tomorrow - by then you'll already be started! :bcb_bigsm

RainyBabie :bcb_happy

weight.png

Back on track - September 2010... Whoo hoo! :bcb_march

Some Weeks You Lose, Some Weeks You Learn...

Well you made a huge start just by coming here and posting, I know how you feel about motivation, I am in a bit of a rut (plataeu) right now, but you will find no better help then right here. Good luck to you and welcome.

Carol

weight.png

I know exactly what you mean! I have gone 6 weeks now off program! and I can't seem to get up and going again!!

I do really well for breakfast & lunch & then I blow it all. I have paid for meetings up to January 29th and I am going to Mexico in February. I have the incentive, so what is my problem?!bcb_sad

Whenever I can't get going or I find myself slipping...I go try on a bathing suit or I step on the scale...usually trying on a bathing suit will whip my butt into getting back OP....I'm going away in January so I have my suit out already just incase I start to slide :bcb_grin

You can do it!!!!!

SW - 146.8/CW 138.0 /GW 135.0

Sharron :bcb_wink3

weight.png

Thanks Monkeymoo! I never thought of that. I will pull my swim suit out today and try it on -maybe I should take a picture and keep that in my purse.Every time I want to "treat" myself or eat I shall pull it out to bring me back to my senses!:salut

No problem...we have to find what works for us and that just seems to work for me...lol...

SW - 146.8/CW 138.0 /GW 135.0

Sharron :bcb_wink3

weight.png

I would recommend finding one of the groups and just get going. I started posting in the "men on WW" forum and it's a great bunch that are supportive and helpful. I'm sure the other groups are similar.

I post there daily - it's very helpful. I have meetings once a week (at my work - very convenient) but I like the daily interaction I get here on the site. I have only been on the plan a little over 2 weeks but I am amazed how I am enjoying the food, the weight loss (10 lbs already), the energy (I really feel better) and I am not hungry all the time like I thought I would be.

I can't fail if I don't quit

Platoon member #63

SW: 318.2 (10-14-08)

CW: 259.8

GW: 225

You can do it. Think one day at a time. Prepare and pack your meals/snack for one day. Eat just that and nothing else. Do it again the next day. One step at a time, one foot in front of the other. No, it's not easy, but you know WW works and you can do it. I believe in postive reinforcement, not negative. When I was having a problem with the program, I could have used a bit more positive encouragement from some people. However, I did get some encouragement from here. We're all in it together and we can all succeed.

Best of luck!

What's all this "can't" business? We already know you can get going because you've done it before. You have to make the choice to get on plan or keep slipping.

:bcb_drill:bcb_drill:bcb_drill

flex_really_tiny.jpg FLEX since 8/21/07 | MO Platoon member #11 | See my slideshow

weight.png

Hey ketketket I can certainly relate with your "motivation" issues, I was happy to stumble on your post today to see how others answer the question of "How the heck do you get motivated" ..... For me it's going to be a day to day thing......I spend too much time beating my self up over what I did yesterday, or last week....I'm going to break down this new WOL/WOE into daily personal challenges..... :bcb_up Cheers to sucking up and doing it!

Hi there, I swore I would change something when I lost motivation. For me, I've....

-bought a tv for the bedroom (to help avoid the kitchen at night)

-joined the y

-wrote down mileage and speed goals for my running for the month

-wrote down an exercise plan for the month

-joined SPARK

-signed up for running races

-started a weight-training program

-re-joined with a diet doctor

-bought motivational pants (one size too small)

-commit to 3 days in a row of stopping one behaviour that's derailing me

That's all I can think of for now, but basically, it's been to never give up. Someone compared eating well, and exercising to brushing your teeth. If you forget to do it one day, it's not as if you're going to say "oh well, i quit". When you know something is good for you, you keep doing it, even if you fall off a little bit here and there.

So just keep brushing your teeth!

Mowho33

SW(Dec07)212.5

:bcb_yuck:

CW(July 2010)165

:bcb_grrrr

weight.png

Make a deal with yourself to write down everything you eat for a week. Don't worry if you going to go over points, just write it down. A surprising thing will happen. (You will have to do it to find out what happens :D)

I can see life changes making a person slip for long periods of time. That is when we need to learn HOW to handle stress. Trust me, I have been on WW several times. Once, I bought food and paid up front for registrations, meetings etc for 2 months. I lasted THREE DAYS!!!! I was not into it. Finally, after several years, I am into it. I am in week 9 and have lost 13 lbs. This time, I am looking after my health. I got myself in a good frame of mind, and got my hubby doing this too! I have see people at work that get on and off WW. I am now wondering..what is so hard?? Really. It's easy. You can eat what you want, but it's really important to eat healthy. Make healthy choices. Also, I find I have more energy!!! I'm loving this. And I say for once, I am glad I'm in WW and I love seeing my body change...knowing, I am going to look better, feel better and sexy too!!!

We can do it. BUT, I think the key is, a person must be ready to do it for themselves. Took me a long time to figure that out, but I finally did. Remember, "Can't" is not allowed in the vocabulary!!!!:bcb_march:bcb_march:bcb_march

Lorrainey