Health Discovery Network
DABRATCAROL

I hate the plateau's

I feel so un-motivated lately, I am sticking with the plan but nothing for almost 2 weeks it drives me crazy. What do you guys to to get you through these stages?

weight.png

I tell myself to be patient. I go through 3-4 weeks of no loss, then I lose 3 in a few days. Look at your long-range weight change. Figure out what you weighed 10 weeks ago. What is your average loss over the 10 weeks? If it's less than 0.5 pounds, maybe look at your habits, and make sure you're not straying from the plan unconsciously. If you're on flex, retake the quiz to double-check the points you should get.

flex_really_tiny.jpg FLEX since 8/21/07 | MO Platoon member #11 | See my slideshow

weight.png

While frustrating, two weeks really isn't a plateau. It's when your weight doesn't change at all for several months that you can truly lament about being on a plateau. Whenever I'd have a few of those weeks with less than desireable losses, or no losses, I'd look at the bigger picture, and how much I'd lost to date. Sometimes averaging it out would make me feel better. But, I found that as long as I stuck to the program the weight eventually did start coming off again. :bcb_bigsm

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

Guest healthydays

My leader talked about this. She said that sometimes we plateau when our bodies are doing the biggest changes inside. She says that it is important to take you measurements as well as watch the scale. Sometimes when you plateau it is when you will see the biggest change in your measurements. Maybe the body holds on to extra water or whatever while it is changing its dimensions. This can also happen if you up your exercise level. From what our leader says if you are really being OP then a plateau can be a signal of good things.

I have been through several plateau's since I started this journey and I have handled them all differently..

I learned to look at my choices.

A) I can continue on program-double check to be sure I really am on program and not just paying for WW and doing my own plan

B) I can quit -knowing I will put it all back on plus more

I figure I would rather be on a plateau and stay at this weight than gain it all back. The plateau's do pass. Shake things up. Eat different foods. Eat more frequent smaller meals. Get in more activity.

Lisa

SW 311.2, CW 168.4 Total lost 142.8 5'1"

My leader talked about this. She said that sometimes we plateau when our bodies are doing the biggest changes inside. She says that it is important to take you measurements as well as watch the scale. Sometimes when you plateau it is when you will see the biggest change in your measurements. Maybe the body holds on to extra water or whatever while it is changing its dimensions. This can also happen if you up your exercise level. From what our leader says if you are really being OP then a plateau can be a signal of good things.

Wow, this is good advice!! And so true. But I never really thought about it that way.

I was on a plateau for about 4 months and even though I saw no change on the scale, friends and family kept commenting on how great I looked and I even dropped a size! Stick with it! You'll get through it.

Emily

Start date: 12/4/07

weight.png

Also, I've heard that switching plans for a few weeks can help get things started again. If you're on Flex, do Core for two weeks, and vice versa. Sometimes that helps plus it gives you a little variety.

I haven't tried it yet -- I've been Flex from the git-go.

flex_really_tiny.jpg FLEX since 8/21/07 | MO Platoon member #11 | See my slideshow

weight.png

I seem to be stuck right now, but I've recently added in regular exercise to my routine. Yesterday, for the first time, someone I hadn't seen in about a month said, "You look like you've lost weight!" That must mean things are changing. I think it's easy to get too focused on that darn number on the scale. My friend saying that was my inspiration to stay OP and keep on trucking!

weight.png

It's probably personal, but I'd measure bust, waist, hips, and maybe just for fun, thighs and upper arms. I wish I'd measured these things (or at least my waist and hips) when I started WW! I will never know exactly how much I lost in inches, because it didn't occur to me to measure myself until I was at goal. I do know that I lost inches though, because of the difference in clothing sizes - and how my old clothes don't fit! I wish WW would encourage newbies to take their measurements when they start so that you'd have something to look at on the weeks when the scale shows no loss!

189.8 :bcb_yuck: /140/140 /pg135

Maintaining since 5/18/06 :bcbkickbu