Health Discovery Network
christinadei

Stuffed chicken parmesean

I was craving chicken parm. and didn't want to spend a ton of points on fried, so I came up wtih this. DH and DS loved it. It was very filling and I couldn't even finish it.

4 3 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts (12)

1/4 c. Parmesean cheese (2)

1/4 c. breadcrumbs (2)

Italian seasoning to taste

1/2 c. mozz. cheese (ff would lower points) (4)

1/2 c,loose frozen spinach (or 1 c. fresh)

Preheat oven to 400. spray bottom of glass casserole with pam. Mix parm. cheese, breadcrumbs and italian seasoning in shallow dish. Cut slit in each chicken breast and stuff 1/8 of a cup each of spinach and mozz. cheese into each breast. Roll each breast in breadcrumb mixture and place on greased baking dish. BAke for about 20 minutes or until light brown and juices run clear. Serves 4 (5 points each)

I served over angel hair pasta (4), with ff spagetti sauce (.5) and 1/8 cup mozz. cheese (.5) and texas toast(3)for a total of 10 points for a delicious meal that I couldn't even finish. DH had leftovers for lunch last night. I will definately make this again.

-Christina

1st Goal: Size 18

weight.png

What is making you fat? It isn't your schedule or your metabolism or your willpower. Stop making excuses.

-Dr. Phil

That sounds really good. I copied and may try it this weekend. Thanks. thumbup.gif

Sue

Fifty down!!!!! 178/128/120

It is a keeper!!! Thanks!!

We all loved it and I made extra for lunch tomorrow.

thumbup.gif

Sue

Fifty down!!!!! 178/128/120

Guest shihtzuX2

Good recipe! I didn't do the "stuffing" 'cause my spinach was frozen like a brick. But I used Italian breadcrumbs with the fresh-grated Parmesan and it was delish. I was really yearning for some marinara sauce too; next time I make it I'll add some.

I made this last night and it was DELISH!!!

Thanks for sharing.

Noodle

Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now. <br /><br />Goethe

Guest raidermom

Made this tonight...very good! thumbup.gif

I avoided the additional mozzarella on top and made my own 0 point marinara to save a couple of points.

I already have an idea for next time....I'm stuffing them w/ Velveeta Lite and some chopped broccoli. :D

Thanks for sharing!

Guest raidermom
Originally posted by shihtzuX2:

Good recipe! I didn't do the "stuffing" 'cause my spinach was frozen like a brick.

Next time, just put the "brick" into a colander (remove from packaging first) and run the hot water over it for 2-3 minutes....it will be all thawed out for you. thumbup.gif

I made this on the weekend, using chopped frozen spinach- oh YUM!!!! I didn't have 3 oz chicken breasts, only 5 oz ones, so the points were higher but it was soooooooooooooo good!

Thanks for the recipe!

Jeannette

Jeannette

"I have searched for the phrase "I shall walk the Earth and my hunger will know no bounds", but I keep getting redirected to Weight Watchers." Ianto Jones, Torchwood

This looks really yummy and I am going to make it tonight. I think I have everything I need without running to the store!!!

Susan

SW 251.5/CW 241.5/GW 145

I have made this recipe about 4 times so far and it is a big hit at our house! My husband and 11 year old love it. I usually serve with a veggie on the side and maybe a baked french loaf for the 2 of them. Yum Yum! Great for leftovers too!

Kim :)

SW 171.5

Re-start weight: 159.5

CW 146

GW 135

"I am not only challenging myself, I am challenged by myself" -- Chef Mario Batali during the filming of an Iron Chef battle

I made this tonight and everyone loved it. I think next time I might try feta cheese instead of the mozzerella. It would go well with the spinach and give it kind of a greek taste. We had it with spaghetti and Hunt's sugar free spaghetti sauce, which is 0 points for 1/2 cup. It was a great meal.

Thanks again,

Susan

SW 251.5/CW 241.5/GW 145

Guest Debnicu

Made this for dinner last night and DH just raved about. Easy to make and tasted wonderful. A definate repeat.

I made this tonight for dinner and it was great. I added 2 oz. of the Barilla Plus Thin Spaghetti and a little Light Ragu. The dinner was delicious! Thanks for the recipe!

:bcbsalute MT

:salut MT

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif