Health Discovery Network
paws2ink

How do you make FF yogurt edible?

I tried a spoon of ff/sf lemon pudding mix in it and I liked it. What else??

Dawna virtual walk challenge-39.4/220 miles:bcb_march

heaviest-250

start-236

current-189

goal-174

Guest tinka

Some brands are not 'tart' at all. Try Walmart's Equate brand of plain ff yogurt. I love that one.

Tinka

I think that FF yogurt is really one of those things you tend to develop a taste for. I think on WW and especially if you're on Core your tastes begin to change drastically over time - you get less dependent on that sugar flavor and things that once were completely inedible suddenly actually taste good! And a little splenda and fruit in the meantime can really do wonders...

RainyBabie :bcb_happy

weight.png

Back on track - September 2010... Whoo hoo! :bcb_march

Some Weeks You Lose, Some Weeks You Learn...

Dawna, I assume you're talking about the FF plain yogurt. Try a tsp of jam; canned, fresh, or frozen fruit and Splenda; vanilla extract and Splenda; pumpkin pie spice and Splenda; cocoa and Splenda; lots of options! Have fun!

---Katie, CEO of Me, Inc & living my new-normal

highest:375(fall '98),5'4"//11-19-08 WW restart:277//current:247//2nd 10%:225//NEXT MINI GOAL:239//goal:150

*He leadeth me.

Thanks so much for your responses...

Rainy, I have already found my tastes changing. I really enjoy how 'clean' food can taste, and I agree that it is something I can get used to gradually. Unfortunately, Splenda gives me headaches so I have to seriously limit my usage of it. I am going to try more fresh fruit.

TInka, I actually bought the GV Walmart brand, and after rolling your post around in my mind for a few days, I actually tried a spoonful, straight. Okay, I'll concede it's not too bad. I think I'll still dress it up for awhile, tho.

Katie, I'll have to give the pumpkin thing a try. DH is a pumpkin fiend, and I'm learning to like it better every year.

I'm always open to more suggestions!!

heaviest-250

start-236

current-189

goal-174

I buy frozen fruit (just make sure you don't go the rest of the way down that aisle :bcb_grin) and mix it with the plain FF yogurt. If you want a little texture you can add a little bit of oatmeal. This is one of my favorite post-workout foods.

weight.png

Reached GW twice, third time's a charm!

We are star stuff which has taken its destiny into its own hands. -Carl Sagan

I use crushed pineapple and spenda or the new water packed mandarin oranges and splenda.

Live, laugh, love and be happy.

Starting Weight: 237

Current Weight: 203.5

My Goal Weight: 180

I eat the greek yogert so as to avoid a lot of additives and it tastes the best to me. I also add fruit, whatever is on hand, strawberries are really good or berries in general, pineapple is very flavorful and I also use it as dip for veggies, just add a bit of dry ranch dressing and it is as good as a dip. That is almost the only way to get in my veggies for the day.

Never give up or look back,

:exercise: Mickee :exercise:

weight.png

HW: 238

WW: 8/18/06--210

GOAL: 130

No offense intended, but if you find you have to doctor a particular food to make it "edible," why are you eating it? There are plenty of other foods that are available to us that we can eat something we enjoy, rather than having to choke something down, or add all kinds of additives to it to make it palatable.

* Sue *

High weight: 295 (8/06)

WW re-start weight: 285.2 (10/21/08)

Current weight/goal:

weight.png

844ecd10.gif.

Because it is one of the few allowable dairy servings on core. My tastes are changing, but that was a big leap for me.

I have been quite happy with a spoonful of sf/ff instant lemon pudding and half a cup of frozen blueberries mixed in.

heaviest-250

start-236

current-189

goal-174

Have you tried Yoplait? They have some really good flavors like Orange Cream, Boston cream pie. Many others

Have you tried Yoplait? They have some really good flavors like Orange Cream, Boston cream pie. Many others

I love a lot of the flavored yogurts, but they are not on the Core list.

heaviest-250

start-236

current-189

goal-174

I like to add any one of:

- a half teaspoon of vanilla extract. Sometimes I add a sprinkle of nutmeg (sort of an eggnog taste) or cinnamon.

- a teaspoon of baking cocoa (for a chocolate flavour). The cocoa takes a bit of stirring to mix in the lumps.

- a teaspoon of instant coffee (for a cappucino flavour). The instant coffee, if it is in granules, mixes more quickly if you crush the granules to a finer powder in the bowl, before adding the yogurt.

Sweeten to taste with whatever sweetener seems best to you. None of these additions has any points. (Cocoa has points but not for this small amount).

I also add any of these things to hot or cold skim milk. The vanilla and nutmeg, with hot milk, tastes and smells wonderful at this time of year.

It's all core, or for flex it's the same points as plain yogurt or skim milk.

"Hunger is the best sauce"

my Mom

Thanks, Marilyn for the wonderful ideas! I LOVE the vanilla/nutmeg suggestion! I'm going to give that a try for sure!

heaviest-250

start-236

current-189

goal-174

I love the fat free blueberry Yoplait Yummy

weight.png

No flavored yogurt is Core, fat free or not. Only plain yogurt is Core. I also like to add a teaspoon or so of cocoa powder, a packet of sweetener and a little vanilla. Chocolate Yogurt - yum!

Susan<br /><br />356/155/166

Success comes in cans; failure comes in can'ts.

Glad you like the ideas! They are good - way beyond just edible! There was awhile when I was having my chocolate yogurt every day! It has sort of a chocolate-cheesecake taste, with the chocolate + slightly sour + sweet flavours.

You can also combine cocoa + instant coffee = moccha.

Vanilla also adds to the flavour of the other additions.

For fancy, you can layer 2 different flavours in a champagne flute, or side-by-side in a small bowl. Can you tell I like to fool around in the kitchen?

I enjoy my food more when it looks nice! It slows down my eating too when I have taken the trouble to make it special for myself.

"Hunger is the best sauce"

my Mom

I drain it through a coffee filter in the fridge for a day, drink the whey, and then either just eat the "yochee" (yogurt cheese) that is in the filter, or if I want a real treat, I stir in one or both of my teaspoons of canola oil. I'm not someone who is crazy about sweets, so this hits the spot for me.

189.8 :bcb_yuck: /140/140 /pg135

Maintaining since 5/18/06 :bcbkickbu

I make yogurt cheese as well and use it for nonfat cream cheese.

For a snack I mix the nonfat yogurt with vanilla and a packet of Sweet and low, top it with blueberries and a great crunchy cereal (nowadays Optimum Slim or Power.

marge

SW: 206

GW: 146

CW: 166. 8:bcb_march

40#: 2/5; 45# 4/1; 50# 4/29

weight.png

Guest GrandmaLaura57

FF yogurt smoothies are the best!! I use frozen fruit in place of ice and you can dress it any way you want, or just use the fruit for flavor..... If you want it to be a little less slushy, skim milk is great!!

Is DaVinci's syrup core? I love to mix vanilla DaVinci's into plain ff yogurt. It's just like the flavored ones from the store!

Is DaVinci's syrup core? I love to mix vanilla DaVinci's into plain ff yogurt. It's just like the flavored ones from the store!

While it's not a Filling Food, it is a 0-point WW's acceptable Simply Filling/Core sweetener. :salut:bcb_smile

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

I have tried for over 2 years to like yogurt because I wanted to expand my choices to get in the milk good health guideline.

Last month someone told me to freeze it and then let it thaw slightly before eating it. It is more like an icee or ice cream to me and I LOVE IT!!

I don't know why it tastes different to me frozen but it does.

To SeattleSue-that's a great question (why add stuff to make it more palatable). For me-I was a very picky eater prior to joining WW especialy with fruits and veggies. I have learned that I have to develop a taste for some foods. I may have to eat it 5 times (gagging all the way) before I actually start to like it. I also seek out ways to season foods to make me like them. I gave up on squash-cannot stand it. But I probably have learned to like 20 other foods that are good for me.

Lisa

SW 311.2, CW 168.4 Total lost 142.8 5'1"

I like makeing my own fruit and yogurt parfait's

1 cup fat free plain yogurt

1/2 cup strawberries

1/2 cup blue berries

1/4 cup granola

1 take a pretty parfait glass then layer a little yogurt, fruit, and granola till finished....total of 3 points and very delish!

Hollie

New Start weight 162.4

Goal Weight 130

To take the 'bite' out of f/f plain yogurt add 1 tabl. of powdered non fat dry milk to each cup of yogurt. The add vanilla extract and Splenda if you want Vanilla Yogurt.

This trick came from a local chef who had a show on PBS years ago.

Ann

ann p