Health Discovery Network
Laurdee

Fat Free Banana Bread

Just made the banana bread this morning...it is very good..surprisingly moist also. Now I know I can use up those bananas without worrying about fattening recipe. thanks for great recipe.

wave.gif

Thanks for the recipe I have been wanting banana bread but wanted to make it myself.

~~April~~<br /><br />The great thing in this world is not so much where we stand, but in what direction we are moving. <br />-- Oliver Wendell Holmes <br /><br />HW 325<br />SW 311<br />cw 280.8<br />GW 145

I made this the other night and it was delish!!! And so easy to make. My DH liked it even after he found out that it was low fat!!! Thanks for the recipe! :D

redhed933<br />SW:237.2<br />recommited 05/25/04<br />sw:221<br />cw:215<br />GW:147

I made this the other night and it was DELISH!! And so easy to make. My dh aven liked it after he found out that it was low fat!! Thankyou for the recipe. YUMMY :D

redhed933<br />SW:237.2<br />recommited 05/25/04<br />sw:221<br />cw:215<br />GW:147

oops, sorry about that. I didn't think that the 1st. one went through.

this sounds so yummy going to make it right now for the huby so we can have a sweet treat when he gets home! have a beautiful day!!! :D :D

"when you know better you do better"

i know better now

SW: 212 01/02

CW: 198.2

GW: 132

weight.png

Guest sunflowergirl

I made this in muffin tins--much easier to portion out for me...Yummy, but a little dry...any ideas to moisten? I also added nutmeg...yum!

Sunflowergirl, you may just need to adjust your cooking time and/or your oven temp - I made this in a loaf and it was VERY moist.

Also, check your oven temp with an oven thermometer - things kept coming out overly dry from my oven so I invested $5 on a thermometer and found out that the temperature inside was 50 degrees HIGHER than what I set the thermostat at! :eek: Now that I know that, I adjust the thermostat accordingly!

Char

I made this yesterday for the first time ~ very tasty!!!! I might try the slimmed down version next time, though. This bread could become addictive for me!

Thanks for sharing!!!!!

Christine

:D wave.gif :D

208.2/169.5/144

SW/CW/WW Goal (PG TBD)

Guest Cassiopeia

I have this bread baking in my oven right now...and OH MY! Does it ever smell FANTASTIC! I can't wait to taste it!

C

P.S. Had to add an extra point for licking the bowl clean...so yummy ;)

I made this the other day, and didn't realize until I had already put in the cinnamon that the only applesauce I had was cinnamon applesauce. Needless to say it was very cinamony. It tasted like apple bread. I think I may try it with litte chunks of apple. I may also try it w/banana and no cinamon.

Christina

-Christina

1st Goal: Size 18

weight.png

What is making you fat? It isn't your schedule or your metabolism or your willpower. Stop making excuses.

-Dr. Phil

Guest shrinkrapt

I made this with whole wheat flour and Splenda substitutes, added some nutmeg and it was absolutely de-lish! I found that cooking it 45 mins was perfect as the first batch I made was a bit dry.

thumbup.gif

Julie B.

Love, love, love the banana bread recipe tongue.gif

Made it two days ago and it is gone already... no I didn't eat it all myself.. the family loved it too! Thanks!

Swelt1956

:exercise2: The shortest path to any destination is always under construction... by unknown author :bcbsalute:

187/179/160

Guest stickchick2b

This stuff is to die for ;) !! We have made it many times and my skinny husband loves it too tongue.gif !!!

stickchick

DD & I made 2 loaves of this today :D OMG! My house smells divine on a rainy Monday ;) This is one of my favorite BCB recipes for sure thumbup.gif

Lori

start 208

current 193

goal ww 158

goal personal 148

highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

I tried this recipe this afternoon, and may I say, it was fabulous! Thank you, Laurdee!

*~CaLGaL~*

SW 343.8/CW 266.2/3rd 10% 251/WW Goal 150/Final goal 143<br />~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~<br />Total gone forever: 76 lbs.<br />Started WW: 2/11/03

Thanks, looks awesome, I love banana bread!

Milena smile.gif

SW 265.6 / CW 149.00/ Goal 150.00<br />Onederland - 08/22/02<br />OP Since Jan 27, 2002<br />Pounds down: 112.4<br />Non-smoker as of April 26, 2003<br />Picturetrail Album - milenapam<br />Goal Reached July 31, 2003

Thanks for sharing this recipe. I tried it today and it was yummy tongue.gif

Sheila

Start Wt. 235.0

Current Wt. 193

Sounds great!!! I'm making this tomorrow!!! ;)

Starting over: 06/12/07

Goal Wt: 180

How I feel is within my control!!!

weight.png

[/url]

wonder what zuchinni or crushed pineapple would taste like added would have to adjust pts for pineapple just a thought. tongue.gif thumbup.gif

I can do this with the strength Christ gives me!!

S/W 223.4 / WW G/W 150 reached on 12/23/03

Working my way back to goal !!

weight.png