Health Discovery Network
Laurdee

Fat Free Banana Bread

Guest quiltingmommy

Could you use egg beaters instead of eggs? Would it change the points?

Could you use egg beaters instead of eggs? Would it change the points?

If I remember correctly, egg beaters vs. egg whites have no difference in points as egg beaters are mostly if not all egg white. I could be wrong. please correct me if I am.

Jeannette

"I have searched for the phrase "I shall walk the Earth and my hunger will know no bounds", but I keep getting redirected to Weight Watchers." Ianto Jones, Torchwood

I used egg beaters in the recipe. I put in 1/2 c. which would be the substitute for 2 eggs and it's 1 pt. but divided up among the 12 slices doesn't change the point total.

Kristen

SW 245/CW 153/GW 150/

I used egg beaters in the recipe. I put in 1/2 c. which would be the substitute for 2 eggs and it's 1 pt. but divided up among the 12 slices doesn't change the point total.

The original recipe calls for 2 egg whites, which is 1/4 cup of liquid- how moist was your bread?

Jeannette

"I have searched for the phrase "I shall walk the Earth and my hunger will know no bounds", but I keep getting redirected to Weight Watchers." Ianto Jones, Torchwood

Guest WrappinMama

Sounds so good! Im going to make this tomorrow! Thanks!

Guest MiShY1025

I used splenda instead of the sugar and call it 2 instead of 3....this bread is so good I make it every weekend I come home from school...I am addicted! Also freeze rotten bananas they tast better

Guest WrappinMama

Made these yesterday and tried one. They are so good!! Thanks for sharing!

Ok, I used 3/4 cup of Splenda instead of regular sugar and used unsweetened apple sauce. How much would that be per slice??

Thanks!

Chantal :wave:

Learning to love myself everyday

5'8"

SW 241.2 (08/18/08)

CW 234.0

GW 175

1st - 2% goal - 5lbs (Sep 07/08)

2nd - 2% goal - 5lbs (Oct ?/08)

I just made it.... It wasn't a success! It's... how can I say... chewy, rubbery, ... get the drift? lol

I'll use more applesauce I think next time.

5'8"

SW 241.2 (08/18/08)

CW 234.0

GW 175

chantal - I used to make this recipe all the time. It's only like that right after you bake it. The secret is to wrap it in aluminum foil and let it set overnight. It's a lot more tender and flavorful the next morning!!

Oops... I threw it out! :-(

The bread was even sticking to my knife when I was cutting it... hubby was not too impressed lol but it smelled so good! We were very disapointed lol

5'8"

SW 241.2 (08/18/08)

CW 234.0

GW 175

Oh gosh, I'm getting all these email reply updates on this recipe- I think I'll have to make some today!!

Jeannette

This is in the oven! I only had 1 banana, so I added some ff yogurt to make up the difference. I'll report back!

Lifetime as of November 21, 2005 & getting back to goal!

HW - 185

GW - 145

CW - 158

I made this tonight with some Whole Wheat Baking Mix I have that's called Insta-Bake. It already has baking soda so I didn't add any extra. I used just under 1 cup of Splenda and 3 very small, very ripe bananas to make 1 cup mashed. I made 12 muffins that worked out to 1 point each. I just took a bite of one after they cooled off. They are SUPER SWEET. I'm not sure if its too sweet or not yet since I only took a bite. I'll check back after I've had a whole one.

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

BUUUUUUUMP!!! i'm making it again as we speak...

iRiS :p

lifetime since 2005...recommitted 03/22/09

new mommy to Lucy Bella on 8/17/09!

HW: 186

CW: 156.4

Goal #1: 150 (5%), Goal #2: 142 (10%), GW: 130

This was by far the best low pt banana bread I've had yet. Thanks for the recipe Laurdee.

Lori

SW 245.2

CW 212.4

GW 148

The quality of the life you live has everything to do with what you're willing to give. Ralph Marston

Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment

I just made two batches of this and both were yummy!

I thought that they would have more of a banana taste, but I can always put in vanilla next time. Also, it might help if I didn't overcook them! I took the muffins out of the oven at 20 min - next time I will start checking at 15.

One batch was made with honey, the other with sugar. The honey batter was scrumptious, but I liked the extra sweetness of the sugar in the finished product

Any ideas of how much vanilla I should put?

VANESSA

274/248.5/under 150

Size 26/20/8ish

1/4/08: -10

2/1/08: -8.5

3/7/08: -0

4/4/08: -4.5

5/2/08: -4

Guest EmilyMcKinney

I am going to try this recipe tomorrow - it sounds wonderful! I want to add fresh blueberries, because my mom makes blueberry banana pancakes and I love those tastes together! Any idea how many I should add, and if this would affect the cooking time? Thanks, and I'll report back how it works!

This was by far the best low pt banana bread I've had yet. Thanks for the recipe Laurdee.

I agree! I used Splenda Baking Blend (1/2 the amount of regular sugar the recipe call for) and replaced 1/2 c of flour with ww flour. The result was perfectly sweet, banana-ey, and nicely spiced! It was only minimally tough; a little bit of that is inevitable when cooking with NO FAT. :bcb_smile

Great recipe!

Darci :wave:

224.2/175/165

Started WW 4/18/05~~60+ pounds gone 11/15/06~~trouble maintaining, back on program 10/14/07

Can someone clarify for me.. I have seen straight 3/4 c replacement of Splenda for the sugar and elsewhere I have seen more added.

If I am using unsweetened applecause and have the Splendar granular (good for baking it says ) how much Splenda?

Thanks in advance

212/182/155/161/

HW/SW/Goal/CW/

Lifetime Reached 4/24/07

Been up and down since 2007- focusing back on the DOWN as my new personal goal is 155.... Rejoined Dec 6, 2010

I made this over the weekend and was very happy with it. I used 3/4 cup of Splenda and it was a bit too sweet. I think next time I'll use slightly less. I used the 1 cup white flour and 1/2 cup of ww flour. Other than that, I used the same ingredients that the recipe calls for. Turned out really good.

Elaine

SW: 142 (10/31/06)

CW: 130 (1/29/10)

GW: 125

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/elainepaulsen

It is in the oven now, house smells great.

adjustments made where using White Whole Wheat Flour and egg beaters, and used Splenda Brown Sugar.

also added 1/4 cup dried dates

Made 16 regular size muffins.

Still 1 pt each.

thanks for the recipe and the wonderful snack for this week.

Jo

jo

weight.png

Planned to make this today but time got away from me, hopefully tomorrow! The dates sound great!!

Jeannette