very very good!

~*~erin~*~

"I ain't settling for just getting by

I've had enough so so for the rest of my life

Tired of shooting too low, so raise the bar high

Just not giving up this time

I ain't settling for anything less than everything!"

Settlin' by Sugarland

I only had one banana so I made a half batch, because I wanted to try it asap.

I also used unsweetened applesauce, and a 50/50 mix of light brown sugar and regular splenda. I also add a dash of nutmeg.

We'll see, I've been trying more low-point baking lately. The blueberry bread pudding was great, but I love banana bread.

Erin (Princess Dirty Bird)

Making it tonight

House smells yummy

Substitued the Sugar with Spenda - unsweetened applesauce is what I had as well...

212/182/155/161/

HW/SW/Goal/CW/

Lifetime Reached 4/24/07

Been up and down since 2007- focusing back on the DOWN as my new personal goal is 155.... Rejoined Dec 6, 2010

Oh geeze, oh golly .. this is sooo good!!! Since everyone else has, I'll tell you what I did with my recipe. I used 1 1/2 cups King Arthur Traditional Whole Wheat Flour, 3/4 c. splenda, 1 cup unsweetened applesauce, 1/2 tsp. vanilla and 2 tsp. Benefiber. The Benefiber doesn't change the taste and I'm trying to add more fiber to my diet, and just wanted to try it ...

It made 15 muffins for me, baked for 20 minutes. Very, very, very moist and the taste is the best muffin I've had anywhere yet on weight watchers. Even my 15 month old grand daughter loves 'em!

I've a question though .... has anyone run a recipe through Spark Recipes and got a wrong analysis? I didn't change anything else with the recipe except what I mentioned above, I added my own foods to Sparks (ie. the King Arthur Flour), and what I got from them said 146.7 calories, 0.5 fat, and 4.9 fiber per serving. It just wasn't ringing right with me, so I went back and doublechecked, then triple checked my amounts and nutritional values that I had added to the database. I then sat down and did the recipe by hand and got this per servings ... 73.3 calories, .27 fat, and 2.5 fibers for a point value of 1.

For those wondering, in the long run, the benefiber didn't chance the points value at all. 2 tsp. was only 15 calories and 3 grams of fiber.

This one is my brand new keeper! I can't wait till my hubby gets home this evening so he can try them too.

Missy :jump_jack

SW 242.8 04/09/07

CW 172.6 05/31/08

GW 150 :)

I've just made it with 1/2 cup sugar instead. How many points will each be then? I've made a batch of 12..

Jen..<br /><br />ACTION - He who starts a journey of a thousand miles begins with ONE STEP...

I just made this and OMG it's sooo good. I used 3/4 cup ww flour and 3/4 cup regular and added a small container of ff vanilla pudding. I made muffins, and they are so moist and yummy! Thanks for this great recipe.

Jaime

HW(while pregnant) 179

SW: 170

CW: 145

GW: 130

thank you for posting this. dd is doing points and loves banana bread. since this makes 12 servings i think ill make it into 12 muffins. easier to take to work. they'll be perfect for when she goes back to school.

GOD BLESS,

LISA M

I have been making this bread for yrs and yrs.... I now do it in muffin tins and tripple the recipe.... Yesterday I made it and used whole wheat flour instead... they were still yummy and I always add grated orange peel....

So does ww change the count????

~~~~~Barbie~~~~

Not giving up~~~~~

weight.png

I am new to this forum and found your post on banana bread but don't see the actual receipe. Am I doing something wrong ~ where do I go to see it? It says I am on page 1 of the post 02/09.

I made this bread tonight and used egg whites from a carton and I used 1 cup of Splenda instead of the sugar. It was really good; kinda spongy though. Did anybody else find that there's was spongy?

HW:235

SW: 197.5

CW: 193.0

GW: 140

~*Amy*~

weight.png