Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
AreolaMay

The Buddy System: December 2008 Recipe Challenge

Seasons Greetings!

Well, it's that time of year when we get out our 'fat pants' and eat too much, drink too much and generally enjoy ourselves.

Your Challenge for this Month is to find your favourite recipe and make it WW friendly!!!

It can be done!!! Trust me!

1. The recipe

2. Tailor it to your needs, i.e. core/flex

3. Make it and snap a few photos of all your hard work!

4. Post it here

5. The beginning of January we will all vote for the winning recipe, The Winner will Receive a little pressie from my Etsy Shop

This is the last in the 2008 Recipe Challenge.

So ALL ARE WELCOME! Please share your recipes and have a Wonderful Winter Season!

Peace~ Hopie

Hopie

StartWeight: 15 st 7 lbs (217 lbs)

:bcb_marchworkin it workin it workin it

A Massage for Life.... Your path to healing: body, mind & spirit. http://www.amassageforlife.net/

weight.png

Mandelbrot-this is a very plain but great cookie. It makes many and I love them with tea, coffee, hot cocoa or any other beverage!

4 c flour

1 tsp baking powder

1 c sugar, but I reduce this to 1/2 cup

4 eggs

½ c oil, but I reduce this to 1/4c

1 tsp vanilla

1 c almonds

sift flour, baking pwdr in a bowl. Put sugar in another bowl and beat in eggs one at a time. Add oil and vanilla. Add flour and almonds to the egg mixture, mixing thoroughly. Knead on a lightly floured board.

divide dough into 8 rolls about 1 inch high and 2 inches wide. Bake on a greased cookie sheet in a 350 oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven. Slice each roll into 1 inch slices. Place slices, cut sides down, back on cookie sheet. Retrun to oven and bake at 275 for 20 inutes on each side or until lightly browned and crisp.

Nancy

Slow and Steady wins this race!!!

The mandelbrot and this recipe are not finished-i'll post pics soon

chicken with carmelized onions

4 skinless chicken breasts

1 tbsp olive oil

2 medium onions, sliced

6 cloves garlic minced

½ c packed brown sugar

2 tbsp white wine vinegar

rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Preheat oven to 450 and spray a 2 qt baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Place chicken breasts in baking dish and set aside.

heat oil in a skillet over medium heat, add onion and garlic and mix well. Cook and stir for 6-8 minutes or until soft. Stir in sugar and vinegar until dissolved. Cook for 7-9 minutes or until liquid evaporates.

pour onion mixture on top of chicken breasts. Place in oven for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is done.

Nancy

Slow and Steady wins this race!!!