Health Discovery Network
wwlynn

Exercise "toys"

I ordered the ipod shoe pouch and an armband.

I'll let you know how I like them!

Always the exercise gadget girl....

Donna, it's particularly impressive that you are acquiring all this stuff while you're still recuperating!!!

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

For audiobook lovers - make sure to check your library. Not only can you borrow books on CD and tape, but you can also download e-audiobooks. My library systems use a provider called netlibrary.com - it works on mp3 players except iPod's and Zunes. BUT in the new year that might be changing...I'll be learning about that on Friday :bcb_grin

Deb Hockey_LRWYUX.gif

SW: 263.2 (5/2/05)

CW: 208 (1/12/08)

minigoal: under 200

Donna, it's particularly impressive that you are acquiring all this stuff while you're still recuperating!!!

Well, I have all this time to spend on the computer!

Donna

SW 310

GOAL 12/4/07

Proud to a Vegan WW.

"Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Michael Pollan

"Well, it seems to be working for me." Dr Michael Culmer

"Nuts are in hard shells for reasons." Dr John McDougall

"The salad IS the main course." Dr Joel Fuhrman

For audiobook lovers - make sure to check your library. Not only can you borrow books on CD and tape, but you can also download e-audiobooks. My library systems use a provider called netlibrary.com - it works on mp3 players except iPod's and Zunes. BUT in the new year that might be changing...I'll be learning about that on Friday :bcb_grin

Will you let us know?

I know DH has been waiting for iPods to be included...:bcb_smile:salut

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Will you let us know?

I know DH has been waiting for iPods to be included...:bcb_smile:salut

The info I have right now...

“Currently, they (eAudiobooks) will not work on players that do not support Digital Right Management, including Zune and iPod. However, beginning early next year, titles will be offered for those devices.”

but who knows how many, etc. It probably depends on what your library system purchases.

Deb Hockey_LRWYUX.gif

Thanks, Deb.

Will check-out the library again after the first of the year...:salut:bcb_smile

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Im new to this thread but I enjoyed ready all your replies and thought I would chime in. Other than my Ipod (with 2500 songs) I have to put a shout out for the p90x videos. I hate them but love them.....

Lude

HW:225

SW: 218.4 (07-13-08)

CW: 190.4 (-27.0)

10% goal 10-19-08

My WW leader, Deana, had hernia surgery recently and couldn't exercise on her Gazelle Glider while she was recuperating. As a temporary substitute, her DH went to Sears and bought her (for $9.99) a little swivel disk that has two stretch bands attached to it. You stand on it and swivel side-to-side, and you can use the stretch bands for arms curls, tricep curls, etc. Deana brought the disk to our meeting and let us all try it, and while it's not a hard-core workout, it's not bad! Deana said that she could really feel it in her abs the day after a workout with it, and it's portable enough that you can take it on trips with you. For that inexpensive price, I believe I'm going to get one of these. I could swivel whenever and wherever!

Tammy

SW: 198.6

CW: 175.2

GW: 130

This is my journey, and I won't let a little pebble in my pathway become a boulder. I'll just kick it out of the way and keep moving forward! :bcb_march

There are some essentials for me:

DVR - for recording Gilad (Total Body Sculpt), Cathe (Cardio BLAST), and Steve (Ross - Inhale).

P90X DVD's - look, I get a better workout from Gilad and Cathe, but P90X is a good way to mix it up - especially the plyometrics.

My ipod -somehow, Fergie, Kanye, and Missy Elliot know just what I need to stay motivated through my run.

Related - Treadmill for when it's too hot/cold/sticky/dark to run outside. Also, dog loves it; I have to keep her upstairs when I use it, or she tries to join me (or kick me off). Also, good running shoes have kept my feet comfortable and my body injury-free. Go to the good running store to find the right fit - and support them by buying it there!

Bosu Balance Trainer - What else would I use in leu of a step, bench, or to intensify some workouts? Also, the kids love using it in a myriad of ways.

Medicine Balls - Great for focusing on my core, great way to change-up a routine.

Snow Shovel - laugh if you must, but in Michigan, I can get a good two hours of shoveling at least a few times per week. It is work! Tell you a secret if you promise not to tell my husband: I alway look forward to shoveling the driveway and sidewalk. He thinks I'm making a sacrifice, but I'm having fun. Also, making snowmen is a pretty regular accompaniment (can't believe I spelled that right!) to shoveling so I always associate the two.

No-slip Ponytail holders - nothing holds my hair better, and I can't stand having hair in my face when I exercise. This is vital to a good workout. I like the holders from Scunci.

This Christmas, I'm looking forward to giving my husband a hydration belt like mine, a reflective running vest, and a York barbell set. The kids need camelbacks for bike rides (so we don't have to stop at every mile marker to keep them hydrated), and I want a pair of running gloves.

Amy

SW 164.8

WWG 130

Ideal Range: 118-123

CW 129.0

Lifetime 3/1/07

HRM

pedometer

Judy S.

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott

SW: 253.4/CW: 160/WWGW: 148/PGW: ?

The President's Exercise Challenge:

Going for the Bronze-achieved 7/4/2009

20,000 pts.-100%

Going for the Silver-21220 of 45,000 pts.-47%

Carol (and other audiobook lovers)

I got some more info today! Yea!!

So, what's happening for libraries is that netlibrary.com (with OCLC) is rolling out DRM (digital rights management)-free audiobooks in January/February. The person today said they'd probably have at least 250 titles starting in January, then adding more throughout the month into February. There's going to be a whole new interface for downloading, which is AWESOME looking - and you will be able to limit your search by those titles that are DRM free. There's some great authors listed that they've obtained the rights to, plus classic titles, college lectures, the bible, etc.

It depends on what your library system purchases, but I'd be surprised if they didn't get all the DRM-free titles possible, since thats what most customers want.

Deb Hockey_LRWYUX.gif