Oden

1 Point Chocolate Muffins

These muffins are yummy! :D

Chocolate Muffins

3 Cups All Bran Extra Fiber Cereal

2-1/2 Cups Water

1-1/2 tsp Baking Powder

1 Box Sweet Rewards Brownie Mix

Soak cereal in water for about 5 minutes. Add baking powder and brownie mix. Fill muffin tins about 1/2 full. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes

Makes 30 muffins at 1 point each

Muffin recipe is sure easy, and sounds great,

Also can put on road to regularity! tongue.gif smile.gif

Bill

368/338/220 OP since 5/4/2001 minus 30 lbs :D

10% Goal = 332 6 pounds away

Goal Challenge 299 by Mid August - 39 pounds to go

We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors....but they all exist very nicely in the same box.

This sounds incredible to someone who is a chocoholic and needs more fiber than the average person.

One problem though. I have never heard of 'Sweet Rewards Brownie Mix' could you tell me where to find it or a subsitute that will still make the muffins one point!

TIA

Barbara

~~~~~~~~

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cybergranny49/sets/

original starting weight 270

returned to WW Oct. 12, 2005

241.4/142/155

Celebrate what you've accomplished, but raise the bar a little higher each time you succeed.

Sweet Rewards Brownie Mix is made by Betty Crocker - it is a low-fat brownie mix. You could substitute any low-fat mix but make sure to double check the points.

I can find Sweet Rewards at all of our local stores including Wal Mart super stores.

I am assuming that you can substitute no pudge brownie mix as well for the sweet rewards mix. And the no pudge has different flavors. Cappuccino or rasberry might taste great !! tongue.gif tongue.gif I am definitely going to try it.

starting weight 247<br />now 160.....never to find those pounds again

This recipe is so good. I soaked my all bran for 15 minutes as I do for the Bran muffins I make. It really turned to mush and I didn't think it would work into the brownie mix but it did. The other muffins uses non fat milk and doesn't soak up like the water does.

I do not think this would work with No Pudge Brownies because No Pudge pkg are a smaller volumne. Why not B C Sweet Rewards, that are much cheaper than No Pudge?

ann p

I made these by the recipe and they were wonderful!

Then, I made them using cold strong flavored coffee (I use the decaf that I use for my cappo machine). They were killer!

I have raspberry decaf that I am not so crazy about but it was great for this. A good way to use any flavored coffee you don't particularly like as coffee.

Barbara

~~~~~~~~

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cybergranny49/sets/

original starting weight 270

returned to WW Oct. 12, 2005

241.4/142/155

Celebrate what you've accomplished, but raise the bar a little higher each time you succeed.

I am going to try these.. I love one point muffins.. the carrot and pumpkin ones are great too smile.gif

Kandy

SW 277.6

GW 130

CW 125.2

First 5K April 6,2002 Finished in 30.5 minutes!!

March 6,2004 Second 5K Finished in 29 minutes!!

Disney's Minnie Marathon May 2007

All things are possible if YOU believe in YOURSELF!!

I made my second batch today. I follow the recipe exactly except to soak the cereal a little longer. If you want them bigger just recalculate the points.

Thanks for sharing this wonderful sweet treat. And yes the fiber doesn't hurt either. My doctor says fiber, fiber, fiber.

ann p

After finding the brownie mix, I made these last night. Killer recipe!! Great for a chocolate lover! :cool:

Carol

Rejoined WW 03/13/04

1st 10% - 05/29/04

:) :) :)

“Success must be felt within before it can be seen on the outside." – Unknown

I would love to make these 1 point chocolate muffins. I shared this recipe with my mom and she thought that it contained aspertame in the cake mix. Does it?

thanks in advance,

Sera

5 ft 2<BR>128/120.5<BR>Goal 115

I've been making bran muffins for years, thanks to my mom's wonderful recipe, and here's a hint from that.

Instead of waiting 15 minutes, 5 minutes, or however long to soak the water/bran, use boiling water. You can make your mix immediately that way. I boil mine in the microwave.

JoLyn smile.gif

"Don't sacrifice what you want forever for what you want today."

I just made a batch of these using the Krusteaz Fat Free brownie mix. They're great! Not a huge muffin but they're CHOCOLATE! I made 24 and that came out at 1.5 points per muffin.

Char smile.gif

Sera, I just checked my box of Betty Crocker Sweet Rewards Brownie mix and it does not list aspertame as an ingredient. Sugar is listed.

ann p

to the top..got a sweet tooth!

Sincerely,

Carla

~Food wasted is better than food waisted!

~Iceberg lettuce is perhaps the most aptly named plant in the world and should be avoided as though you were the Titanic with a second chance.

Sounds great!!! and I even have a Sweet Rewards Brownie mix in the pantry crazy.gif

Jill~~

Reputation is what men and women think of us. Character is what God and the angels know of us.

Wonderful recipe!!!!! These are very good to satisfy that chocolate craving, and have bran too! :D

Jill~~

Reputation is what men and women think of us. Character is what God and the angels know of us.

These were a big hit at my house. Everyone liked them. I do think that next time I will let the cereal soak longer.

Jean

Jean - 330/215/150

These are the best and so easy to make. I gave some to my brother who needs to eat fiber but won't and he loved them. My DH has one every morning with coffee.

Rover<br /><br />SW 349<br />CW 294<br />GW 170

These sound awesome!!!

SW 265.6 / CW 149.00/ Goal 150.00<br />Onederland - 08/22/02<br />OP Since Jan 27, 2002<br />Pounds down: 112.4<br />Non-smoker as of April 26, 2003<br />Picturetrail Album - milenapam<br />Goal Reached July 31, 2003

I made these on Saturday. They are fantastic!

I love them and so does my entire family.

Darlene

214/CW159.8/WWG159/PG140

54.2lbs total loss

Totally OP since 2/17/01

MADE GOAL 9/07/02!

Second week of maintainence.

Darlene

SW214 CW190.2lbs WWG159 PG145