Health Discovery Network
newone

Pedometer?

Could you give me some suggestions on a GOOD pedometer? I want to purchase one to help me with getting 10,000 steps in a day. I've heard about some not being good and some being great. Suggestions please.

Thank you in advance for your help.

I bought a WW pedometer and I'm very happy with it. You can enter your height and weight and it will figure out how many APs you have earned for the day. More expensive, but it takes out the guess work.

I have the Omron HJ112 and I love it. I think a few other people on her have and also love it. It counts steps and miles, as well as aerobic steps. About $20 I think, had it awhile.

Sue

163 SW/164 CW/145 GW

I also have an Omron. Mine is a Omron HJ-720ITC and it was about $30 on Amazon.com. I like that it came with software that you can use to keep track of your exercise - you can look at your number of steps by day or hour, number of steps at an aerobic rate and the distance walked. There are estimates based on info you provide of calories burned and grams of fat lost, but I don't know how accurate it actually is.

[/url]