Health Discovery Network
Guest deedon63

Honey Crisp Apples

Guest deedon63

I picked up a couple of these over the week-end - they were called "Honey Bear*Honey Crisp". These were GREAT! I'm not really an apple fan, and would usually grab a gala or red delicious just for color in the fruit bowl, but these tasted really good to me!

LOL - I'm excited over an APPLE! Core rocks! :kickbutt:

These are super yummy apples! Another fav of mine are the pink lady apples. They are also super crunchy and sweet.

Lele

Lifetime since July '06

SW: 193.4/ WWGW: 132 / CW: 120.2 1/4/10)

Weight loss is the hardest thing I've ever done in my life, but the results are beyond rewarding.

Oh yeah!

These are my favorite apples ever! I've been known to buy 2-12 count containers of them at Costco during a once a week trip! DELISH!

Jodi

"Eat your vegetables, have a positive outlook, be kind to people, and smile." -Kamada Nakazato

144.8/144.8/135

6/30/09 Recommitted

Galas used to be my favorite, but I discovered Honey Crisps just a few weeks ago, and LOVE them! I'll try a Pink Lady the next time I see one.

Tish

Onward and Downward

Hey, you are making my mouth water! I used to live in rural Washington State where all the great varieties of apples are grown. I sure miss them now that I am in dry Arizona, and the stores do not carry many varieties at all.

Good news is that next week we will be in Calif. and I know I can buy good apples from Washington there.

So you-all enjoy those Honey Crisps, Fuji's and Pink Ladies. There are better than any candy I know of.

Carmen

The Lady in Green

"Nothing is particulary hard if you divide it into small parts." -Henry Ford-

Just my 2 cents....

I bought the HoneyCrisp at 2.99 a lb so I got 2 apples for $3.00 they were fine but not worth that money.

I also got the Pink Lady and didn't rry them yet but they were 1.99 a lb so we'll see.

I STILL like my plain old MAC's and they were 99 cents a lb.

EMmaJean

GETTING FAMILY SUPPORT:jump_jack

I had to comment on Honeycrisp. They are absolutely delicious. I was buying them 2 at a time because they were $3 or $3.50 per lb. at Wegmans this year. Then I found them for about $8 for a 5 lb. bag at a specialty shop, Premier Gourmet. That's not far from us, so that's where I go for my Honeycrisp. We need some soon, so I hope they still have them. I'm not sure how long their season lasts.

It's time to try defying gravity!

I think I'll try defying gravity!

My little organic market carried them once that I saw and I fell in love with them. Don't remember the price but well worth whatever it was. I know cost is a factor to some, but when you look at it like this.......How many times have we pre-ww spent $3.00 for 2 items, such a a candy bar and a soda or a greasy bad for you hamburger, etc.? So in the long run spending $3 on something good for is a better choice. I tell myself that each time I see the sky rocket prices of the organic produce I purchase. Would I rather have something healthy and good for me or something unhealthy that will potentially produce health problems.

Never give up or look back,

:exercise: Mickee :exercise:

weight.png

HW: 238

WW: 8/18/06--210

GOAL: 130

I know. We don't think twice about spending $$$ on candy, cookies, cakes, sodas, sugary cereals, and boxed mac & cheese (etc.), but we'll balk at spending the same money on fresh produce, lean meats, fish, dairy, nuts, etc., all of which are the foods your body really needs to function properly. Go figure.

Tish

Onward and Downward

Well I have NO PROBLEM spending the extra bucks on items that are "healthy". I will buy ONLY the BEST and only USA fish for example no matter the cost. But since to me a Macintish is just as good as a pink lady why go for the extra money??? Certain foods I do organic, for example thats the ONLY milk I will drink.

EmmaJean

GETTING FAMILY SUPPORT:jump_jack