Health Discovery Network
Lissie303

50lbs and One year later!

Hello everyone. Promised my beloved T-20's a update on pictures

This time last year I was tipping the scales at around 210lbs. How did I ever let myself get this way? I woke up every morning disgusted with my appearance and how I felt about myself. Every morning I would say in my head, “I need to go on a diet”…well on Dec. 3rd, 2007…right after Thanksgiving, I snapped. I couldn’t deal with this life anymore. Having a suggestion from a friend to try Weight Watchers, I quickly went on the prowl to figure out how the program worked. $40.00 dollars later on a weight watchers kit and $108.00 on a gym membership, I knew my life was never going to be the same.

Here are some before pictures:

This is a picture of me at a social function at work. I was so embarrassed when a co-worker put these pictures up on Facebook and tagged me. Mortified, I untagged myself and vowed to never look at these pics. Well here world, here I am! I squeezed (obviously barely) into a Size 16 jeans.

n60000042_30437486_6532.jpg

Ahh, here I am in action. I still can’t believe someone took a picture of me like this (I should thank them)

n60000042_30437487_6796.jpg

This is a picture at my nephews baptismal. Once again, a very tight size 16 pants and a LX shirt. Beep, beep! I’m coming though!

untitled4.jpg

I believe in pictures where you have no idea when someone is taking your pic..here is a pic of me in September 2008. Weight around 167lbs. You can see a difference in my body mass.

untitled10.jpg

I pulled out the baptismal clothes for old time sake..

Clearly the shirt is now loose and the pants are basically falling off of me (sorry I guess you can’t tell that much in these pics, but trust me!) And a waist shot.

DSCN0318.jpg

DSCN0320.jpg

Here are pics of me last night. At weigh in this morning, I officially lost 50.8lbs in exactly one year.

DSCN0325.jpg

Yes, those are size 11 skinny jeans and a medium shirt from Charlotte Russe. I am happy that now my chest sticks out more than my stomach!

DSCN0326.jpg

Thanks for reading about my progress. I don’t even know where to start in saying that BCB has been my solid rock on this journey. I have made so many friends though this website and without the accountability and support I wouldn’t have lost this weight. I still have about 20-25lbs to go and I am determined to get there! I am a living testimony that if you put your mind to something, it WILL work!

Alysse

210/164.4/140

:workout:

Guest LostButNowAmFound

Wow Lissie, you look wonderful! You were beautiful already but your just glowing now! I bet you feel wonderful and you should, you've put so much hard work and effort into your journey and it has sure payed off. What a wonderful gift to yourself this Christmas, to be healthy and skinny and yes I said SKINNY!:bcb_smile:bcb_bravo

Lissie,

What an inspirational story. You look great. Those 50 pounds were hiding an adorable cute person!!! I am so happy for you and congratulations!

How inspiring it was to read your story on December 3, 2008-exactly a year from when your journey began. I think everyone reading your post will be inspired and hopefully this time next year we will have a story of our own to share.

Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing your story.

SW (Oct 4, 2008): 176.2

CW: 142.3 (Hi 140s Nice to get here, but I am

going to run as fast as I can to the 130s)

10% Wt: 159.2 (3/6/09)

Goal #2: 149.2 (6/19/09)

20% Goal: 142.2 (12/19/09)

Next Goal: 135

GW: 125.0-135.0

Guest healthydays

Thanks for posting this. You inspire me!

Guest laralosing4good

You look fantastic! Congrats! :bcb_bravoJust beautiful!!!

Lissie--

You look fantastic! What an inspiration! I'm looking forward to the day when my chest is bigger than my waist too...lol!

~Jennifer~

HW: 320.8

SW: 284.5

CW: 284.5

GW: 150

Awesome job - you look great!!! :bcb_up

I can't fail if I don't quit

Platoon member #63

SW: 318.2 (10-14-08)

CW: 259.8

GW: 225

Guest joshandjakesmom

Nice job... You are such an inspiration to me. Keep up the good work and remeber that slow and steady wins the race.. Keep on trucking:bcb_march:bcb_march

Shari

Guest peaceofmind

Great job on reaching the 50lb mark!! I love the side view pic where you are in your before pants. You have a nice shape!!

Wow Alysse!

You look great!!! Thanks for posting your pics- very inspiring!

:bcb_bravo

SW and HW-198

CW-192.5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lissie!! what a transformation!! you are a completely new person. you look great!! thank you for posting these pics. i'm basically where you were a year ago and i started to re-commit at about the same time! i hope i can post similar pics in a year :)

~LAURA~

Life-long dieter!

206/???/140

We never repent of having eaten too little.

Thomas Jefferson

Alysse....you look fantastic!

Congrats on your success!! What a great job!

Lesa

HW: 297/ RESTART: 207.8/ CW: 205.6 / WWG: 146

10/18/2011: RESTART

:bcb_mad:*RNT is not an excuse.....it is a challenge!

LTtransformation.jpg

Alysse - You are such a beautiful woman (as you were @ 210lbs) but now you RADIATE! Congratulations on your success - you are truly inspiring!!

~Caitlin~

HW:252 SW:241.6 CW179.4 WWGW:160

Terrific! I wouldn't recognize you either! You look fabulous!!!

TravelGal

Start Weight: 186.4

Current Weight: 174.4

Current Loss: -12

WW Goal Weight: 150

Personal Goal Weight: 135

Alysse,

You look amazing!!! Thank you so much for posting the pics, that takes guts all on its own, but you truly look amazing!! you are giving all of us the will and power to keep going. I totally hear where you are coming from about other taking your picture. Once week after i started Weight Watchers my cousin had taken a picture of me laying a a hammock with her kids i was 205 pounds and HUGE! I had no idea i looked like that, I mean how in the world did i ever let myself get that fat, it totally shocked me. Now i have that picture on my fridge at home everytime i go to open it i see that picture and i make healthy choices. Now i'm down 42 pounds and looking better everyday and feeling better about myself everyday. I just wanted to tell you that you are doing awesome keep it up and we all are soooo proud of you.

JENNIFER

SW: 230

CW: 152.8

GW: 135

49445.png

Guest Lea22

Hi Alysse

I"m new to this Forum but I am just stopping by your thread to say how proud I am of you to stay determined like you have been

You look fabulous! Good job!

"I am pieces of all the places I have been,
and the people I have loved......"

– Brooke Hampton