Health Discovery Network
Guest dannyboy272

jimmy johns skinny chips

Guest dannyboy272

Jimmy Johns just came out with a new flavor of Jimmy Chips called Skinny Chips. They are 40% less fat than thier regular chips.

Ingredients are Potatos, Peanut Oil and Salt. 130 cal/5 fat/2 fib per 1oz serving.

NOWHERE on the labels does it say anything about how they are reducing the fat. I figured they used olean or something like that, but they have to disclose that on labels don't they?

ANy thoughts?

Guest kats737

They're probably just baked instead of fried - there are a lot of other low fat chips now that don't use Olestra.

Guest dannyboy272

I don't think they are baked. They are kettle chips similar to crunchers. They taste just like jimmy johns regular chips.

The bag is 2oz and the serving size is 1oz.

Another Mystery

They must not have those chips yet at mine... but what do you eat there? I ate there the other day and THEN looked online and YIKES my sandwich was 14 points! Thank goodness for weekly points... They're so good though and fairly close to my work so.... ideas? What's lowest in points? (Okay I could just spend more time on the website - but that doesn't tell me how it TASTES) :bcb_bigsm

RainyBabie :bcb_happy

weight.png

Back on track - September 2010... Whoo hoo! :bcb_march

Some Weeks You Lose, Some Weeks You Learn...

Guest dannyboy272

I'm pretty plain.

I get the turkey tom with sprouts, lettuce, hot peppers, oregano and oil and vinegar. It comes out to 7pts.

Thier website has a cool calculator that you add and subtract whatever you have on your sandwich and it gives you custom nutrition info.

The whole bag of chips is 5pts. Not the best choice...but not the worst either.

They probably just use less oil in the skinny ones to get the lower fat count. If you look at their nutritional info online, the specs for the regular chips (30g ~ 1 oz.) is 160/8/0 and for the skinny ones it's same serving size, but 130/5/2.

Before I did WW I used to eat there every day, because it's directly across the street from my office. I was absolutely shocked when I tracked it one day and found out my favorite sandwich was like 16 points! And my whole point in eating there was the fluffy white roll and the mayo :bcb_grin, so changing to whole wheat and mustard ain't gonna cut it - so now I just don't go. I look longingly at it occasionally . . . I know I could eat there, but I can think of (and have) much more fun things that I can do with 16 points!

* Sue *

High weight: 295 (8/06)

WW re-start weight: 285.2 (10/21/08)

Current weight/goal:

weight.png

844ecd10.gif.