Health Discovery Network
*WWDonna*

Now That We Can Talk About It....

Yippe! CW says it's ok to talk about the new program. Now there is no one awake to talk with me!

Lynn, here's my question. My leader said you do not need to count points for the first 2 tsp of oil. She said this in the regular big meeting, not the "core" after meeting to discuss Week 6. She even said, "I hope I don't get in trouble for this."

I will say I've been more successful this week counting momentum points.

Do I count the oil or not?

Donna

SW 310

GOAL 12/4/07

Proud to a Vegan WW.

"Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Michael Pollan

"Well, it seems to be working for me." Dr Michael Culmer

"Nuts are in hard shells for reasons." Dr John McDougall

"The salad IS the main course." Dr Joel Fuhrman

That is interesting Donna, my leader on Thursday said to count the points for the 2 tsp of oil. She was talking to a core group, that was interested in trying the new program.

I am wondering why they changed the water rule to include any type of drink?

Sarah

196.8/173/150/140

Start(first time W/I)/Current/WWGoal/Personal Goal

April 26, 2008 Began my journey back to Goal.

5-9-08 Began Core

10-25-08-Made goal

12-4-08-Made Lifetime

11-29-09-Starting again

You only don't count the first 2 tsp of oil if you are doing the Simply Filling technique. If you are doing regular Momentum with tracking then you always count the oil

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

Concerning the "liquid" requirement, that change is based entirely on science.:salut

I read the same thing somewhere else.

However, water is still the best way to hydrate your body! :salut

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

My leader didn't give me the week 6 booklet *Simply Filling technique*. Are there any changes in what's on the list compared to Core?

Kimberley

YOU'RE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS!

Lynn can't get on BCB. It's "down" for many people, and they're posting on WW's Filling Foods forum.

I copied what she wrote: "This is wwlynn and I am headed out to a vball tournament but you can either post stalk me here (lrpfeil obviously) OR here it is in a nutshell. The new Momentum is the old flex with an emphasis on filling foods. Filling foods are basically core foods plus there are three additional categories (things that aren't technically filling). Simply filling technique (introduced in week 6) is the old core. This will probably get "poofed"...If I say more it will definitely get poofed.

SORRY BUDDIES!! I bet BCB is down because everybuddy flocked there now that we can talk over there!!!

. . . . . . . . . .

LRPFEIL

158 / 138 / 144

Recent Posts: 2812

12/14/2008 8:26:50 AM report this post | ground rules

posting again since the first one might get pulled.

Bottom line, keep on doing what you've been doing. If you were struggling with core, consider counting points....even if you don't count ALL day or stop at your target (that last part being MY advice not WW)...

We'll be able to talk at BCB when it's back up!!!

Post stalk me here!!!

. . . . . . . . . .

LRPFEIL

158 / 138 / 144

Recent Posts: 2812

12/14/2008 8:28:07 AM report this post | ground rules

One more time due to poofage potential. Simply Filling is Core.

. . . . . . . . . .

Not being a current member of WW, I'm going to keep doing the Flex program that I know so well. Can anyone give me an idea of the difference between Flex and Momentum w/Tracking? It sounds to me like they just renamed Flex and Core.

flex_really_tiny.jpg FLEX since 8/21/07 | MO Platoon member #11 | See my slideshow

weight.png

IMO, there's really not much difference. Momentum does encourage you to choose healthier, more filling foods and to monitor your hunger signals. I think in the past people tend to "forget" about the good health guidelines. Making them a more visible part of the program to encourage healthy choices is a great improvement IMO.

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

Sarah - I am curious too about the "liquid" thing. I find that drinking caffeine actually makes me thirst-ier...maybe it's a good thing so I will drink more water! :bcb_grin (And also be running to the ladies room every 10 minutes too!)

My plan is to actually count points for the first 5 weeks and wait for week 6 to come out, with everyone else. I was itching to get back to core, but reading some of the successes on the ww board with the first weeks of momentum, I am curious to see what success I will have. I miss core...or simply filling..whatever it is now! :bcb_blush

*Melissa*

SW- 177

CW- 143 *
Lifetime Member - 8/13/08 - GETTING BACK THERE

"Adding calories to a bad day will not make it any better!!"

My leader didn't give me the week 6 booklet *Simply Filling technique*. Are there any changes in what's on the list compared to Core?

There isn't a limit on SF/FF cocoa mix, or homemade cocoa, anymore. :bcb_bigsm WW smoothies are still limited to one-a-day.

Seasonings and condiments are the same. :salut:bcb_smile

Same on oil: include 2 tsp. healthy oil each day without being counted.:salut

Not being a current member of WW, I'm going to keep doing the Flex program that I know so well. Can anyone give me an idea of the difference between Flex and Momentum w/Tracking? It sounds to me like they just renamed Flex and Core.

Somebody's leader said, "Flex and Core had a baby and named it Momentum.":bcb_wink3

Like Lynn says above: Momentum resembles Flex, but with an emphasis on choosing "filling foods" (and tracking your satisfaction levels, says me).

So on the new tracker? Everytime you write down a food you've eaten, if it's a "filling food" you get to put a check-mark! :bcb_grin So you start noticing if you've got a LOT of check-marks, or not. (On e-tools, you get a green diamond if you've chosen a filling-food.)

Also (and this is my point): you're supposed to meet the 9 Good Health Guidelines daily on Momentum. (They added exercise for the 9th! :bcb_happy) And in order to do that, you have to eating "filling foods". :salut

Hope that helps~

I also think that the Momentum plan is FLORE (Flex + Core), which many of us were doing. It is nice to be officially sanctioned to do what we were doing anyway :salut

Note: I follow the Winning Points program :salut

IMO, there's really not much difference. Momentum does encourage you to choose healthier, more filling foods and to monitor your hunger signals. I think in the past people tend to "forget" about the good health guidelines. Making them a more visible part of the program to encourage healthy choices is a great improvement IMO.

Since I just joined e-tools, Joanne, I see how choosing "filling foods" gives you a green diamond each time. That's done by the program. On the Good Health Guidelines, it's just a check-off list. So I can see how filling-foods is a way for e-tools to give a person feed-back.

I can see how that will be a good thing.:salut

People are already saying how those green diamonds make them happy~:bcb_bigsm

Sarah - I am curious too about the "liquid" thing. I find that drinking caffeine actually makes me thirst-ier...maybe it's a good thing so I will drink more water! :bcb_grin (And also be running to the ladies room every 10 minutes too!)

My plan is to actually count points for the first 5 weeks and wait for week 6 to come out, with everyone else. I was itching to get back to core, but reading some of the successes on the ww board with the first weeks of momentum, I am curious to see what success I will have. I miss core...or simply filling..whatever it is now! :bcb_blush

Caffeine has a diuretic that, given enough in your system, makes you go...:bcb_huh: Not as good for staying hydrated. :bcb_up

I'm trying the Momentum plan right now. Counting points. It was strongly encouraged at my meeting. But the opposite is happening to me: I'm making less healthy choices because of time-management, holiday stress, poor planning, etc. I'm saying, "I'll just have a LUNA bar on the go!" 3.5 points. (A banana or baked oatmeal would be healthier filling-foods, obviously.)

I know it's a mind-thing.

Guest tinka

I went to the first week of Momentum and did not know to ask for the week 6 material. So, from what I understand, Simply filling technique is basically what we know as CORE and you don't count every point? I was concerned about the CORE recipes that are a big part of my plan.

I am a lifttimer, maintaining and can't imagine counting points for everything forever.....

Tinka

Yeah, Simply Filling is Core. Just continue on if things are working well for you~ :bcb_smile:salut

I couldn't attend my meeting last week because of my schedule. I could have gone on Saturday morning but I weigh less when I go in the morning and then (even though I know it's because of the timing) I gain when I go to my Wednesday night meeting. I really LOVE the leader that's on Wednesday night anyway. Now when I go this Wednesday, I guess I will have to stay after to hear about the new plans. I think I am the only one at my Wednesday meeting that follows core. I really like core so I am not going to switch. When I count points, I eat LESS healthy because I save my points for junk. So I should ask the leader for the week six materials?

Live, laugh, love and be happy.

Starting Weight: 237

Current Weight: 203.5

My Goal Weight: 180

I couldn't attend my meeting last week because of my schedule. I could have gone on Saturday morning but I weigh less when I go in the morning and then (even though I know it's because of the timing) I gain when I go to my Wednesday night meeting. I really LOVE the leader that's on Wednesday night anyway. Now when I go this Wednesday, I guess I will have to stay after to hear about the new plans. I think I am the only one at my Wednesday meeting that follows core. I really like core so I am not going to switch. When I count points, I eat LESS healthy because I save my points for junk. So I should ask the leader for the week six materials?

Yes. :salut

If you're having success and don't want to switch (or even give it a trial), ask for Week 6 now.

I missed my WW meeting last week because I was traveling with hubby.....I will go to my meeting this coming Thursday.

I have read several posts mentioning Momentum tracking. Please share what WW wants us to track daily now, even though we are following the Simply Filling Plan. (For example, I read in a post....up to 5 free foods are allowed a day).

~*Melodee*~

th_flowers.gif

Has anything changed regarding ground beef/turkey? Is it still once a day?

Also, has the 1 a day potato/ww pasta/brown rice rule changed?

[B][I][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]Jenny[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/B] [I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=#4b0082]height - 5'8"[/COLOR][/FONT][/I] [I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=#4b0082]HW - 181[/COLOR][/FONT][/I] [I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=#4b0082]CW - [/COLOR][/FONT][/I] [I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=#4b0082]Weekly Exercise Goal - 75/210 miniutes[/COLOR][/FONT][/I] [URL="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wiVQlpy/"] [/URL] [URL="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wiVQlpy/"] [/URL]

I missed my WW meeting last week because I was traveling with hubby.....I will go to my meeting this coming Thursday.

I have read several posts mentioning Momentum tracking. Please share what WW wants us to track daily now, even though we are following the Simply Filling Plan. (For example, I read in a post....up to 5 free foods are allowed a day).

On e-tools they have places for you to enter your foods (and filling foods come up as green diamonds).

They have a place to track your 8 Good Health guidelines. The 9th, exercise, isn't on that page. I haven't checked yet to see if it's on the Activity page.

You track your used-WAPs first, and after you track your used-APs (which you are now allowed to "bank" for the week.):bcb_smile

I think that's it. :wave:

Has anything changed regarding ground beef/turkey? Is it still once a day?

Also, has the 1 a day potato/ww pasta/brown rice rule changed?

Same.

Same.:bcb_smile

On e-tools they have places for you to enter your foods (and filling foods come up as green diamonds).

They have a place to track your 8 Good Health guidelines. The 9th, exercise, isn't on that page. I haven't checked yet to see if it's on the Activity page.

You track your used-WAPs first, and after you track your used-APs (which you are now allowed to "bank" for the week.):bcb_smile

WWCarol...thank you for your answer. I also have e-tools but I thought there was something I was missing! :bcb_happy

~*Melodee*~

th_flowers.gif

WWCarol...thank you for your answer. I also have e-tools but I thought there was something I was missing! :bcb_happy

Trying to do a quote! I forget whenever I try to do one!!

~*Melodee*~

th_flowers.gif

I was wrong! Activity IS on the guideline tracker! :strong: :bcb_smile At least 30 minutes a day most days of the week.

(Limit sugar and alcohol is missing; and I didn't see the 1-2 servings per day of lean protein?!)

Trying to do a quote! I forget whenever I try to do one!!

You DID it! :bcb_grin

Looks great! :bcb_up

I'm trying to learn e-tools for the first time...

But it's FUN! :bcb_bigsm