Health Discovery Network
WWLifer

Core Daily ~Monday~Dec. 15

Good Morning Everybuddy.

I have 4 1/2 days of work this week. It might be 3 1/2 because they are predicting an ice storm tonight. I can do this. I really dread having food everywhere this week. I will not enter the teacher work room.

I have started the new program Momentum. They gave us 2 weeks free with etools in our first week book. So I have been checking the points for my favorite core recipes. I am shocked at how many points are in many of them. I have been a little bit hungry, but not bad. Eating filling foods does make a different. I think it is what I need to get to my personal goal. I really like getting to bank my activity points.

Need to get moving. Make it a great day buddies.

Sarah

196.8/173/150/140

Start(first time W/I)/Current/WWGoal/Personal Goal

April 26, 2008 Began my journey back to Goal.

5-9-08 Began Core

10-25-08-Made goal

12-4-08-Made Lifetime

11-29-09-Starting again

Guest sodacracker

Good morning,

I did not eat during yesterdays cookie decorating event :bcb_up ( and truthfully, if you saw how we decorate you might not eat them either!)

Vivid icing colours, 18 kinds of sprinkles and coloured sugars and a whole ton of creativity resulted in 5 cooling racks loaded with the most garish creations. We decorated the tree in between frosting, and it was a good afternoon. DH had to head out on a business trip at 4:30 so we were glad he had the chance to participate in this. It is the only only time of the year he sits and colours, so to speak, and I think he enjoys it.

I had one cookie last night sitting at the table, knowing that I had met the food guidelines for the day.

There is a sponsored lunch by some ladies at a church tomorrow and while well intended it is a disaster for a WW. I am going to eat beforehand, have vegetables there so I look like I am taking somehing.

Today is not a work day but I am going to see a family who have had the most difficult year with job layoffs,their only child, a toddler, diagnosed with a brain tumour and now facing three months out of town at a rehab hospital while he learns to walk and talk again. A family I know personally offered to sponsor Christmas for someone in need and delivered over $500 of gift cards and toys last night so I am happy to deliver that this morning before the family heads back to the hospital.

Good Morning -

Today is a half day for me at work. I was supposed to be off but b/c my workload increased, I have to some work that I must complete today. I hope to be out of there by 12 or at the latest 1 pm. The best past about it that I get to use the half day some other time this week.

I did make the 5k on Sat. It was great. I was so rejuvenated afterwards. I even got in a walk/run on yesterday but I have somehow fallen into a slump with my weightloss. I have not lost another lb since before Thanksgiving (nor have I gained). I guess I should follow the Momentum plan too to see if that helps get me out of my slump. I sure hope so!!

WWL...glad that you were able to finally to get the kit. Does it also have the getting started book? I haven't seen the news yet so an ice storm is predicted for tomorrow? Oh geez!!!

Well DD is crying for me I better get moving. Have a wonderful day buddies!

RW2L

weight.png

TBLbannerBlackc.gif

Good Morning Buddies,

Yesterday was not the best bcb_sad, I totally fell on my face! I've done so well with all the goodies absolutely surrounding me, but I caved in and started to eat. Saturday, DH and DD made "pizelles", even in the basement I could smell them cooking! The aroma followed me around the house and seemed to haunt and taunt me :bcb_cry:. I was strong, and didn't give in! But yesterday, I was packing up tins to give as gifts, and thought just one wouldn't hurt. Well one turned into 5 (one of each kind) and a slice of the yeast cake (I had to make another batch for the family, and we ate one last night). Points-wise, I was probably OK, but the feeling of being out-of-control and the feeling in my stomach was NOT OK! So, I feel like I stubbed my toe and skinned my knee in the fall, but I'm "cleaned up", bandaids on,ready to will go on!

I finished my shopping (all but 1 gift), but I'm going out with DDs#1&2 today. DS is coming over to bake some cookies for work ( Uggg! Not again!! :bcb_huh:). Then I have to get to bed early as I work tomorrow. Hopefully, I can also get to read up on the new program at some point too. I think I really need it!

Sarah~ A short week is great!! Be careful withthe ice!

Soda~ I used to love cookie decorating with the kids! Even now, although the baking is very hard, and my kids aren't "kids" anymore, the sound of them cooking together, talking and laughing, remembering past Christmases, is just priceless!

RW~ Good for you on the 5K!! That's just great!! Hope you get out of work in time to enjoy the day!!

Have a great day to all my other buddies! Be back later! :salut

*Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

Hi, Buddies

Sounds holiday-ish busy out there !!

I was down 5 pounds at my w/i yesterday- am now 2 pounds from my WW goal. I am so excited about that !! I am going to keep really watching myself and delaying eating right away,etc. It is obviously working !!

We have school and gymnastics today,nothing too big going on..

Linda- Hang in there. Once I start, I have a hard time stopping ! For some reason, I have been able to "not start" all week, including the pizelles that were going on here as well, the cheesecakes I have been making for get togethers, and a host of other goodies. I am really going to keep focusing on NOT STARTING when there are goodies around. And of course, try to limit the amount of goodies I put myself near !! Hang in there !!!

All my other buddies-keep working !!

Have a good one !!

Bridget

SW 230

CW 151.8:bcb_march

GW 130

Hi, Buddies

Sounds holiday-ish busy out there !!

I was down 5 pounds at my w/i yesterda- am now 2 pounds from my WW goal. I am so excited about that !! I am going to keep really watchig myself and delaying eating right away,etc. It is obviously working !!

Have a good one !!

Thanks Bridget! I'll be keeping your success and HUGE loss in mind! :bcb_up Way to go!! :bcb_bigsm

*Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

Way to Go, Bridget. You are so close to your personal goal now. Congrats. You have worked so hard to get there and are a HUGE inspiration to me.

Sarah

196.8/173/150/140

Start(first time W/I)/Current/WWGoal/Personal Goal

April 26, 2008 Began my journey back to Goal.

5-9-08 Began Core

10-25-08-Made goal

12-4-08-Made Lifetime

11-29-09-Starting again

Morning buddies!

Had a tough food weekend - dinner out on Friday, party on Saturday & another party on Sunday. It's so much harder when you haven't made all the food yourself! I am sure I have goon over my 35 WPA's BUT I do know that I made far better choices than I would have done pre WW. I am not looking forward to WI tomorrow.

I am off today, and no line dancing class as it has stopped for the holidays (just when I need the exercise!) so I am off to run errands. A few last minute gifts - and food for the week. After this weekend I want to have a good OP week set up for myself!

Congrats on you loss Bridge! You are so close now! That will give you the motivation to stay on track over the holidays!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Good Morning! :wave:

I told my WW leader last week that I was going to come every week for the next six weeks so I could get all the new material. But since there aren't any real changes, I don't feel like going again this week. The only thing giving me pause is the fact that they give out the new material based on weigh ins so when I go to weigh in next month, they'll give me the booklet for week #2 and it will take me until May to get the Simply Filling Technique material!!

Nathan is home from school today. He's fine but still a bit tired. I was going to take the interval weights/boxing class and then hot yoga but I'm not sure about leaving him at home while DH is trying to get some work done, especially when I'll be gone *all* afternoon waiting at the car dealership for a routine oil change/check up. Perhaps I'll just go to boxing. Tonight Nathan & DH have the Beaver Scout Christmas Party so I'll need to pick up a "Secret Santa" gift on my way home! Claire, Lucas & I will watch Rudolph while they're gone as Nathan is petrified of the Abominable Snowman and doesn't want to watch it!!!

Have a great OP day everybuddy! :salut

Linda- I've been in awe of your self-control with all that baking. I know I couldn't handle it myself. It sounds like only a very minor scratch though! I agree with the "just don't start" philosophy but I also suspect that it hurts as much as it helps since I can't imagine all that baking without at least some sampling. The level of deprivation and self-denial required to get through that almost always leads to a boomerang effect. I figure I might as well plan to have something that I want instead of resisting it over and over and then taking it out on something I didn't really want in the first place. Anyway, good for you to get right back on track! I find it takes me a couple of days to get my blood sugar regulated and back to "normal" eating once I've indulged in something extra sweet!

Kimberley

Morning:salut

Great to hear everyone charging full speed ahead. Bridget CONGRATS:bcb_up

I knew last week when you posted that you "felt it", you would have an awesome WI!!! Little jealous to hear most of you have the week off:bcb_cry:, I have to work until the 23rd, yet I'll be off from 24th-7th. DS's contata at church last nite was sweet and finally over,its smooth sailing from here:bcb_cool2

DS's last week of school before the break is this Friday and I know they are sooo excited. Short note, yet im at work.

Have an awesome day!!

Liz :bcb_wink3

SW- 176

CW- 169

GW-145-150

10/2008(-6):bcb_bigsm

11/2008 (-1.5)

12/4 (-.5)

12/10 (-1)

12/17 (+1):bcb_yuck:

SCHOOL'S CLOSED! And we're BLANKETED in snow in our new home. :bcb_grin

Just like a Currier And Ive's picture, with a winding river and GEESE flying :bcb_smile...so very pretty, and yet so different from our last place, not too far away.

Our home gym in our garage is looking less "inviting" now that it's so COLD out! LOL.

Ddog got her first romp in the snow...and came home, fur covered with ice-balls! DH said she was so EXUBERANT on her morning walk. :bcb_smile

I'm going to hopefully be with them on their next trek. :salut:bcb_march

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Good Morning! :wave:

I told my WW leader last week that I was going to come every week for the next six weeks so I could get all the new material. But since there aren't any real changes, I don't feel like going again this week. The only thing giving me pause is the fact that they give out the new material based on weigh ins so when I go to weigh in next month, they'll give me the booklet for week #2 and it will take me until May to get the Simply Filling Technique material!!

I'm just popping in quickly here buddies, Kimberley I wanted to respond to this. While the food plans have not changed fundamentally, I want to encourage EVERYBUDDY to get the new materials as there is so much more to ww than the food plan basics!!! ALL the weekly materials are NEW and I believe there will be plenty of new things in them that will help everyone with their journey!!!

I just want that to be clear to ALL buddies. If I were a lifetime member at goal and NOT a leader, I'd want to get all the materials as soon as I could! And of course for those attending weekly it's a no brainer that you want to attend every week!!!

Good news? The food plans are pretty much the same!!!

ALSO GOOD NEWS! :bcb_wink3The materials are all new and all kinds of tweaks have been made to support your journey!!!

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.