Health Discovery Network
Lfia525

Core Daily~Tuesday~Dec. 16

Good Morning All!

Up early for work today. I haven't worked for a week, so it will be nice to see everyone again :bcb_smile! Yesterday, I FINISHED all my Christmas shopping AND all the baking!! Tonight, I'll wrap the last few presents and then I'm ready for the big day! DD#1 is not going to be home for Christmas ( first time we're not all going to be together bcb_sad). She's going to Europe to visit some friends. She will spend Christmas day in Vienna and Christmas night in Paris. I hope she has fun, but I'll really miss her. Oh, and we get her "devil" dog while she's gone! She has the cutest little puppy, but what a little dickens!! Think of the dog in "Marley and Me" :bcb_huh: :bcb_grin.

Still haven't totally grasped this new program. I have to really read up here and if I can't figure it out I may have to Join WW. Right now, I don't have the time or $$ to do it. Maybe after the first of the year, hopefully they have free registration then. Until then, I'll stick to core as I know it. I'm not really losing, but I'm not gaining either. That's why I'm really interested in the new program.

Better get moving, I have some pumpkin oatmeal for breakfast waiting for me. Hope you all have a great day! See you tonight! :salut

*Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

Good Morning Lfia!

Kudos to you for completing all of your Christmas shopping. I still have a few small items to pick up but for the most part I am done.

Yesterday, my half day at work turned into a whole day at work. Because of that I am off today. I so welcome the break. It gets really hectic at year-end. I technically only have 2 work days left and then and I am off the rest of the year. I am sure I will be working from home on some of those days to just to make certain that things are ok for year end.

Need to start getting the kids ready for school. Have a great day buddies!!

RW2L

weight.png

TBLbannerBlackc.gif

Morning all!

Brrgghhh...it's chilly here this morning. After a warmer day yesterday that means the slush we had will now be ice. Fun for driving.

I work today, hopefully my partner who has been in Scotland will pop in for a coffee & tell us all about her trip. She surprised her dad for his b'day - and then her & her brothers held a surprise party too!

Have a great day folks!

Guest sodacracker

Hi Linda and rw2l,

I also spent yesterday working on Christmas things. Well, after I went to an orthodontist who told me I need braces! I had orthodontic work done from age 19 (headgear and the whole works) but now 30 years later my bite is shifting. I can spend $200 for a retainer to stop any additional shifting and live with what I have. OR, $5500 for ceramic braces, or, $7000 for invisalign (?) braces which are really weird. A thin plastic cover that goes over your teeth and gets replaced every 2 weeks.

Instead of making a decision I wrapped presents while listening to music and hid everything away.

The Rotary lunch is today and my nemesis, platters of squares and homemade baked goods, will be there in full force so I really have to focus. I am in my third week of vigilant OP behaviour, and seeing results so I will not eat any of these.

bye!

Good morining all from the deep freeze! It is currently 6 this morning with a wind chill below zero and 2-4 inches of snow forcasted for today and an ice storm forcasted for Thursday. Working in health care does not allow for call in's and days off due to bad weather...my peeps still need cared for no matter what the weather!

Momentum is going well. It is getting me back on focus and back to weighing, measuring and watching portion sizes again. Without thinking, I am sticking to mostly filling foods. These foods have become the norm for me so it is not hard to do. The thing that I hate is having to count the points! (really it is having to figure out the points to count)

Have a great day today! I am finishing my coffee and will get ready to face the elements soon. :bcb_march

Lori

SW 252/CW 217/ GW 150

Short term goal: below 200 lbs

Hi, Buddies

Cold and wet here as well. The wet is not yet snow- we hope soon !! I am supposed to drive to RI tomorrow with the kids, but we'll have to see about the weather.

I am almost squared away w/ Christmas stuff- still have to pick up some things for DH. We are on a tight budget that we refuse to veer from, so it's a little challenging, but in a good way.

Linda- Hope work goes well. I, too, am only picking up snippets of understanding about the new program. Will need further investigation...

RW- Have a great OP day off !!

Becky- Have a great day

Soda- Stand firm !! I, too, am riding on my 2nd vigilant OP week, and am also having really good results. YOU got me started,to be completely honest. Keep up the great work and thanks for the inspiration !!!

Having Fun- Be safe and warm getting in to work. have a great day.

To all my other buddies- Have a good one !!

Bridget

SW 230

CW 151.8:bcb_march

GW 130

Good Morning Linda, Lori, RW, Bridge, Becky, soda & all Corebies to follow! :wave:

I am going to go to the gym to do a cardio coach interval run. I did some reading yesterday after reading JenniferM's thoughts on fat burning over on the Exercise forum. I had figured it was better to concentrate on the cardio as it burns more calories. It turns out that when you do steady state cardio, you only burn calories during the session and there's no evidence to show increased metabolism afterwards. You have to do mostly weight resistance training with some high intensity intervals (varied pace cardio with anaerobic sprints instead of just setting the TM to one speed). I'm a bit sore from the interval weights/boxing class I took yesterday so I'll focus on the interval cardio today and pick up a cardio/weights class tomorrow. I'll take more interval cardio/weights classes whenever they're offered for the rest of the month (they're on a reduced holiday schedule). Hopefully that will kick my non-existent weight loss back into at least some kind of action!!

DH & Claire have dental appointments over the lunch hour. I've got a few errands to run while they're at the office. I'm taking the kids to my parents' after school so they can help decorate their tree. After dinner, DH, Claire & Lucas have their Cub Scout Christmas party so Nathan & I will hang out at home. I'm *so* excited about the finale of the Biggest Loser. I *so* hope Michelle wins!! :crazy:

Have a great OP day everybuddy! :salut

Kimberley

Good Morning Buddies,

Well the temp is right at 32 degrees, so the road in front of my house looks fine. It must not be in other places around me, because no one is having school . I am happy with that. I am suppose to get my hair cut and colored today at 3:00. Now I might be able to finish all my shopping before that. :bcb_grin I got my 2 permanent crowns in yesterday. I am still having pain with one of them. :bcb_yuck: Have taken too much Advil for awhile now. Hope I am not looking at a root canal.

Bassets are driving me crazy. They don't know if they want to be in or out.

Sarah

196.8/173/150/140

Start(first time W/I)/Current/WWGoal/Personal Goal

April 26, 2008 Began my journey back to Goal.

5-9-08 Began Core

10-25-08-Made goal

12-4-08-Made Lifetime

11-29-09-Starting again

No school again!:bcb_bigsm More SNOW coming...along with freezing rain!

I can see this really affecting relatives travelling here for Christmas.:bcb_cry: I guess we'll play it by ear~ :kiss:

I gave Momentum "counting points" one week. It was a SCHIZOPHRENIC week. Couple of days of counting til I couldn't stand it...:bcb_yuck:...then a day of SF...then tried to count for another day. :crazy:

What I noticed was: I IMMEDIATELY veered towards less healthy choices. Protein bars for breakfast instead of planning ahead to make oatmeal OR grab-a-banana...I'm not putting down the new plan. This is just what happened with "me".

I also noticed feeling stressed and deprived. Maybe not the best time to try a NEW program. (Again, just "me".)

So, in order to make the healthiest choices this coming week, I'm going to do Simply Filling for the ENTIRE WEEK. :salut No back and forth.

And I'm tracking on e-tools. I think I have it figured out well enough to make it work this week.:bcb_up

I already feel better, since SF is a good "fit" for me and my personality.:salut Weight loss? I sure HOPE so!

((((((((((and I can't tell you how jealous I am of the Buddies who are having great success thus far)))))))))))))))

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Hi Everyone,

I wish the snow and ice would melt. I do better with my SAD if I can get outside compared to using my light box but other than walking around our yard there is not much I can do. With all the ice I am afraid I would slip and fall if I tried to go for a walk.

My allergies (at least I think it is allergies) are really bothering me this morning and my antihistamine does not seem to be working. It is hard to type this as my nose keeps running and my eyes watering.

Carol, I hear you on tracking points. Just thinking about doing it makes me cringe. I am also not putting down the new plan. I am going to talk to my leader again this Thurs. about getting week 6 book. I know she is going to mention counting points and I am going to tell her that as long as Core/Simply Filling is working I am not going to change and if I reach a point where my weight loss stalls for more than a month I will consider doing it.

I have been done with Christmas shopping for a while now but have some gifts yet to wrap. Our kitchen is all put back together. I have 2 clothes baskets over flowing with stuff from the kitchen that I am going to get rid of. Although hard to do I am glad to be cleaning stuff out.

Our daughter, Laura will be arriving this Sat. to spend Christmas with us. I am so excited. Although she and I have e-mail and talked on the phone it will be good to see her.

Judy S.

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott

SW: 253.4/CW: 160/WWGW: 148/PGW: ?

The President's Exercise Challenge:

Going for the Bronze-achieved 7/4/2009

20,000 pts.-100%

Going for the Silver-21220 of 45,000 pts.-47%

Guest sodacracker

I stayed firm and passed on everything at the lunch except raw fruit and vegetables and some tea. Talked to lots of parents and offered to hold babies so that was more fun that eating anyway. :bcb_up

Carol, I know when I tried Flex in the past I also veered towards convenience foods. The difference this time is that I am prioritizing the Healthy guidelines and make sure that my meals hit those targets, it leaves very little room for other stuff which is fine as that stuff isn't filling anyway.

Hang in there good buddy and experiment until you find the right fit. I am finding that measuring food the past few weeks has helped me know when enough is enough.

I stayed firm and passed on everything at the lunch except raw fruit and vegetables and some tea. Talked to lots of parents and offered to hold babies so that was more fun that eating anyway. :bcb_up

Carol, I know when I tried Flex in the past I also veered towards convenience foods. The difference this time is that I am prioritizing the Healthy guidelines and make sure that my meals hit those targets, it leaves very little room for other stuff which is fine as that stuff isn't filling anyway.

Hang in there good buddy and experiment until you find the right fit. I am finding that measuring food the past few weeks has helped me know when enough is enough.

I think I'm finding it, Soda. THANKS, Buddy! :kiss:

Perhaps it was too stressful a time to start something that demanded my whole brain...:bcb_up

But I had a great Simply Filling day yesterday, and did MUCH better. And so I'm feeling relieved this morning~ :wave:

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Guest sodacracker

Sometimes that's all it takes - one good day to show you the way. :salut